Bid / Buy / Sales of Vehicle Registration Numbers

Dennisk

wanna check with any bros whether have they bidded any car numbers from one motoring before?

Qn is : i wanna bid a new car plate number. so what to do? and also do i have to give up my current number after i successfully bidded the new number?

↡ Advertisement

I bidded for the SJE series a mth ago.

When the series is first released to bid, u will have one week toi submit ur bids to LTA. U have to go down to LTA, fill up a form & attach ur cashiers order along with it, seal it up in the provided envelope n drop it in a box at LTA. Results will be out the next friday(1 week's time after the bidding excercise closes)

Minimum bid is $1000.

So u r bidding for ur old car not new car ya? Think u will have to pay a transfer fee of $300.

• Praise 1

yup...bidding to replace my current number. so when is the next release? every month or every week? bidding cannot do online?

Must take the envelope from LTA to bid .... must buy cashiers order .....

Yes ... your current number plate will be given up ... but you may choose to retain it by paying $1,300 to LTA .... which ... if you put this number plate on a BRAND NEW car .... they'll refund you $1,200 back.

Problem is ... we don't know how long they take to refund .... [thumbsdown]

so when exactly should i go down to take the envelope? cashiers order paid by cash or ?

Go down to LTA Sin Ming when u want to bid. Can get the envelope at the reception counter. One thing u must note; bring your own stamps cos u must affix a stamp onto the envelope. If u didn't bring along, can buy from the recep as well. Also, bring along your cashier or money order cos that one have to place inside the envelope and throw into the bidding box.

Money order can pay by nets at Post Office but note that nets has a cap of $2K. So if u are bidding more than $2K, u have to cough up cash. Dun think they allow credit card.

(edited)

If your bid is unsuccessful, LTA will post u the result with the return envelope that u affix yr stamps on, together with the money order. You can reuse the money order if you intend to bid for another number.

Edited by Chickenfarm

Clutched

Cashier order is like cash in cheque form.

It deduct straight away from ur bank acct upon u recieve the cashier order on the day u apply.

Jus go to ur bank and tell them u wan cashier order. U will need to fill in a form and then u get ur cashier order.

so when exactly should i go down to take the envelope? cashiers order paid by cash or ?

u can pay by cashier order (bank) or money order (post office)

there is a admin charge of 5bucks i tink.

u can reuse if u r unsuccessful n u can also refund the money but the admin charge cannot be refunded.

• Praise 1

noted.

Thanks all for all the sharing.... nod.gifnod.gifnod.gif

btw, anyone know how to determine the last alphabet on the number plate?

eg. SFA 8888_ ???

The stamp is optional if u want LTA to send u the results by mail but fark it, u can just check online for the results or go down to get the results personally if u don ahve a stamp with u [:)]

N yes cashiers order is a must. The form cum envelope is found on one of the counter tables, no need ask, just help urself [:)]

I know this has been discussed a few times, and I did use the search function . . . but still blur so hope u all dun mind i post again hor . . .

I want to buy a plate from someone who has retain plate abc1234z last month buy paying LTA 1300. Car already scraped.

Anyone know the procedure of buying abc1234z and putting it on my current 1 year old ride?

thank you beri muchie !!!

• Praise 2

This abc1234z need to be registered on a cheapo/scrap car (as transfer fee is much cheaper) first.

The owner then transfer the car to you.

You then do a retention and then transfer to your 1 year old car.

The cost involve :

a) The seller lost $1300 as the plate put on an scrap/COE car.

b) You pay LTA Transfer fee, insurance cover for the tranfer.

c) You pay LTA $1300 to retain this plate on yr one year old car.

At the end depend how much you willing to pay ontop of this abc1234z plate.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2