Bid / Buy / Sales of Vehicle Registration Numbers

Dennisk

not as long as you like....i think there's a time limit becos of the max. number of extensions u can get from LTA.

hmmm i almost forgot about that. Thats right it gets re-entered into the system.

↡ Advertisement

Some people can afford the $$ to bid for number, some people can't.

$1000 is a waste of money, i feel, because i can buy so many toys for my kids with $1K!

But for my fren who earns 5-digit salary per mth, he's willing to bid a few grand on a 2818 number.

lol *grin*

Some people can afford the $$ to bid for number, some people can't.

$1000 is a waste of money, i feel, because i can buy so many toys for my kids with $1K!

But for my fren who earns 5-digit salary per mth, he's willing to bid a few grand on a 2818 number.

can i ask what car you drive? if you buy a different brand or slightly smaller car i'm sure u can save 15k or more to supply your kid's lifetime worth of toys

can i ask what car you drive? if you buy a different brand or slightly smaller car i'm sure u can save 15k or more to supply your kid's lifetime worth of toys

i drive a mazda 2 sedan....at the point when i bought my car, based on my criteria, i couldn't have really gone cheaper unless i went for used cars.

i understand what you are saying, but my point is, the number plate is simply NOT important to ME, especially when i need to fork out such a huge amount of CASH. (in usa, i could have gone for a personalized plate which would have ONLY cost me an additional USD30, to put things in perspective)

i have learnt that sometimes, things are not analysed this way

sometimes u can have the cake and eat it too! doesnt mean i dont go bintan for 3D2N i can buy 8 packs of diapers, so i should forgo my trip. I can afford both bintan and diapers so go for it

i have learnt that sometimes, things are not analysed this way

sometimes u can have the cake and eat it too! doesnt mean i dont go bintan for 3D2N i can buy 8 packs of diapers, so i should forgo my trip. I can afford both bintan and diapers so go for it

That's YOUR way of analysis. I have mine. [cool]

whatever happened to the Personalised Number Plate idea mooted a few years back?

Ya hor, tot they are going to implement this Personalised Number Plate? [:/]

Neutral Newbie

Hi ppl,

really need advice here. I got a 2 digit number plate and got people want to buy. Problem is, I don't what's the procedure to sell?

I get conflicting advice. Some say must transfer my car to the seller name ?! and then pay double transfer fee of $1300?!

Some say no need, pay agent $500 and they settle everything for you. I call LTA, they say cannot transfer if both the cars don't belong to same owner????

Help pls!

Hi ppl,

really need advice here. I got a 2 digit number plate and got people want to buy. Problem is, I don't what's the procedure to sell?

I get conflicting advice. Some say must transfer my car to the seller name ?! and then pay double transfer fee of $1300?!

Some say no need, pay agent $500 and they settle everything for you. I call LTA, they say cannot transfer if both the cars don't belong to same owner????

Help pls!

can pm your 2 digit number?

Just curious: How much will a normal new number plate 3328 cost? How much bid will one have to place?

*Normal prefix and suffix.

this kinda 4 digit can try less than $1100

Neutral Newbie

fyi, there is no time frame for extending a bid number. i just did so for another 6 months after 2 years.

cheers!

Neutral Newbie

hi there,

i strongly discourage you from transferring your car to the likely buyer (no matter how likely s/he seems)!

procedure as follows:

1. pay $1200 to retain your 2 digit no. LTA will issue u a random NEW no for your car.

2. ask the buyer to pay to transfer his car to you.

3. put the retained 2 digit no into the transferred car.

4. ask the buyer to pay to transfer the car back to her/him.

5. celebrate with your family!

now u may need to include the $1200 into your asking price!

cheers!

Neutral Newbie

fyi,

i bid $12,xxxk for Sxx88B.

but like what some suggested here, u may try $8k and above if u don't mind any prefix and suffix. however if either means something to you, u will have to up ur bidding. seriously for $5k, u stand a very slim chance.

fr others who are interested in y ppl pay $$$ to bid a no,

reason is VERY simple, your vehicle will depreciate, but your bid no will go exactly opposite! now think about y the single E or S series with single or same double digits can demand a paper value from low to mid 6 digits!

have fun bidding!

Edited by Muwrx