Bid / Buy / Sales of Vehicle Registration Numbers

Dennisk

Wah lau, car dealers bid so many new SK* plates for resale.

LTA profits from the the bid, the dealers resell for another profit, LTA makes even more when the owners' of the new plate pay extra to effect the transfers to their cars! 

[thumbsdown]

Precisely! It is impossible to get a good 2-digit number at reasonable prices. Either bid with high price, or the dealers have them and in turn sell to consumers at a profit. Single digits, don't even need to think about it! Maybe 3-digit plates have better chances of being reasonably priced <_<

Precisely! It is impossible to get a good 2-digit number at reasonable prices. Either bid with high price, or the dealers have them and in turn sell to consumers at a profit. Single digits, don't even need to think about it! Maybe 3-digit plates have better chances of being reasonably priced <_<

just wondering, what is deemed a reasonable price?

Dont know also.

Single digit without X, should be anything between 50-more than 100k.

Double digit will depends on numbers and alphabet.

Ever place a bid for SKK33S and SKK66Y

both never kenna, both 5digit bid.

Hi. If the numbers are still around for the weekly bidding exercise, about $1005 should secure it. However, 2-digit numbers are usually snapped up during the first bidding exercise. I got my recent plate after seeing the number i wanted still available after 2 weekly bidding exercise. so i paid 1001 for it :)

all the best :)

lucky you bro! not 74 right? [:p]

74 after every main bid always still around.

lucky you bro! not 74 right? [:p]

74 after every main bid always still around.

lol. no lah. bidded a 4-digit...wife's bday :)

For myself, I will start with the starting bid, from LTA, compare to the selling, from car dealers. Difference will not be their entire profit, I'm sure, as it IS a bidding process. Of course, we will not know their profit margin, but we can imagine that any business will not want to make a loss.

I believe their practice is to bid for 'sought after numbers' like those with 6s & 8s and resell them to consumers. Imagine the price we, consumers, are able to purchase without plate dealers.

For a double digit plate, minimal price is from approx 5k onwards. Reasonable? Depends on how much you value the number, I guess.

For myself, I will start with the starting bid, from LTA, compare to the selling, from car dealers. Difference will not be their entire profit, I'm sure, as it IS a bidding process. Of course, we will not know their profit margin, but we can imagine that any business will not want to make a loss.

I believe their practice is to bid for 'sought after numbers' like those with 6s & 8s and resell them to consumers. Imagine the price we, consumers, are able to purchase without plate dealers.

For a double digit plate, minimal price is from approx 5k onwards. Reasonable? Depends on how much you value the number, I guess.

yes, of course, what is reasonable to me might be peanuts to another, or vice versa..

also, like u said, if u really want that number very much, even 5k for a non-popular number might be a reasonable price to one.

for me, I feel that for double digit numbers without 8 in it, 2-3k is an ok price..

yes, of course, what is reasonable to me might be peanuts to another, or vice versa..

also, like u said, if u really want that number very much, even 5k for a non-popular number might be a reasonable price to one.

for me, I feel that for double digit numbers without 8 in it, 2-3k is an ok price..

My plate is without 8s nor 6s and I paid 6k for it.

Reasonable is like a 2way street. I could have gotten a better price without the dealer tho. Anyway, I got the number I like :)

My plate is without 8s nor 6s and I paid 6k for it.

Reasonable is like a 2way street. I could have gotten a better price without the dealer tho. Anyway, I got the number I like :)

some ppl believe in feng sui also, mostly biz man

so their feng sui master tell them die die must get this number and to them $$$ no issue, die die must have the number

But to me, can open 4D first prize is a good number !

↡ Advertisement