Bid / Buy / Sales of Vehicle Registration Numbers

Dennisk

Good explanation, just to add....

If not mistaken, swap number between 2 cars costs $1300 x 2.

compared with vehicle transfer fee of only $11.....hence cheaper to just transfer to your "going to scrap car but with nice no" to your dad's name and then retain the no...to new car within 1 yr.

Thanks, IS250C and alphard96, for the informative advice!

Actually, my dad would not be getting a new ride within the next 1 year. His current car still under warranty.

Hence, does that mean

Option 1 - Swap licence plate

- Dad has to pay $1300 to transfer the scrapped car's licence plate to his current car, plus another $1300 for his current car's licence plate to the scrapped car? Total $2600 + licence plate fabrication?

Option 2 - Let LTA assigned a new licence plate for the scrap car

- Dad just pays $1300 to transfer the scrapped car's licence plate to his current car? Total $1300 + licence plate fabrication?

Wonder can the transfer of licence plate at LTA and driving the car to the scrapyard be done on the same day i.e COE expiry date?

Thanks lots!

• Praise 1

Thanks, IS250C and alphard96, for the informative advice!

Actually, my dad would not be getting a new ride within the next 1 year. His current car still under warranty.

Hence, does that mean

Option 1 - Swap licence plate

- Dad has to pay $1300 to transfer the scrapped car's licence plate to his current car, plus another $1300 for his current car's licence plate to the scrapped car? Total $2600 + licence plate fabrication?

Option 2 - Let LTA assigned a new licence plate for the scrap car

- Dad just pays $1300 to transfer the scrapped car's licence plate to his current car? Total $1300 + licence plate fabrication?

Wonder can the transfer of licence plate at LTA and driving the car to the scrapyard be done on the same day i.e COE expiry date?

Thanks lots!

If not going to keep to keep your dad's existing number then go option 2.

You do all the administration stuff at LTA within 15 minutes excluding waiting time which should not be more than 30 minutes.

After your scrapping car gets the new registration number assigned. You can still use the car legally without putting on the new number for 3 days. This gives you enough time to hand over to scrap agent. As for insurance just send them an email that you have change the registration number and you should be covered by existing policy. No infringement.

You do all the administration stuff at LTA within 15 minutes excluding waiting time which should not be more than 30 minutes.

After your scrapping car gets the new registration number assigned. You can still use the car legally without putting on the new number for 3 days. This gives you enough time to hand over to scrap agent. As for insurance just send them an email that you have change the registration number and you should be covered by existing policy. No infringement.

Can be done online, no need to go down to LTA. Lol.

Noted with thanks. [:)]

Can be done online, no need to go down to LTA. Lol.

Cool! Thanks.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all! My car plate: Year (1999) SCY46B going for $3800 include all fees. Don't Missed it!

Looking for SC* plate for my 97 reg car..
Thanks!

(Year 1999) 17 years old number plate for sale. Include transfer fee. Immediate registration. Call 9789 1777

Selling a newly bidded number 

SLF8666C Not registered Yet

or SLE6668R currently registered on my car

Price $2k each excluding transfer fee

Please PM me

Updated on my earlier posting,

SLF8666C registered on my the other car.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Selling my SF* series car number plate.

SF*1965

Singapore Independent!!!

Interested, please PM me asap.

Thanks!

why can't people just list down the full plate number and alphabet?

Isn't it easier for everyone?

If I m looking or browsing, I see this kind of post, I usually give it a miss.

Sianz 1/2 man

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

[laugh] I did I did

Sianz 1/2 man

Hi all! My car plate: Year (1999) SCY46B going for $3800 include all fees. Don't Missed it!

(Year 1999) 17 years old number plate for sale. Include transfer fee. Immediate registration. Call 9789 1777

Lai Lai 2 digit number nia! My junk is somebody else's prize!

• Praise 2

Sianz 1/2 man

These people are trying to be secretive lo. Lol.

• Praise 1