Bid / Buy / Sales of Vehicle Registration Numbers

Dennisk

What's the reason to avoid Z? ð

C,Z,X are proven to have a part on Car Plate value. Just do a research on resale plates and one would see plate with any of these alphabet command/ask for lower price.

Z is mainly due to it symbolize last. Most people like to be first and hence A is popular. Can imagine for Z.

To add, besides flippers who buy and flip number plate, who constantly bid for 1st tier numbers, there isnt many other individual who go after the same number especially for the second tier number. I guess mostly 2 to 4 contenders on 2nd tier numbers base on my few bidding experience and many kapo sessions. therefore, if really want to bid for own use, chose a strong combination of nice number and alphabets, pay the right price and be happy with it for a long time.

↡ Advertisement

one man's meat is another man's poison lo. good that others dont like so that you can buy for lower price.

you are right. if buy low also means carry low value and later sell low. if one is not bothered than logic does not apply and anything goes.
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

Didn't know some 3-digit can sell do much ..... wahaha

Edited by Pocy
  • Praise 5

why bother buying a nice number plate for people to remember your car easily? the more complicated the car number, the better it is for me. i don't like people to know my car.

Didn't know some 3-digit can sell do much ..... wahaha ð¤£

@Freeder interested?

This number sounds like some ktv ang pai number lei..

Somemore can do all the full works one lei...

Not simpur number..

• Praise 12

Supersonic

SMx series will still proceed (skipping SMB for SMRT bus, which soon will be history, as will outsourcing model, all public bus will eventually come with "SG" plate). Just like SBx series (skipping SBS for SBS bus back then).

So SM* series still have on car ah. Quick funny how come there is SMB plate for buses then no continue from there?! If buses will eventually come with SG plate, SG plate enough for the buses to run meh? Cannot be the plate only have SG?!

i was giving carplate 160 away few mths ago....

didnt know 3digits plate can sell.

wahahahaha

nice 3 digits sure can sell, like 555, 888. but his I really don't know. doubt even 60 worth 5k.

by the way many SLX 2 digits out for sales between 2.5k to 3.5k. mostly horlang numbers, likely bid around 1.3k to 1.6k and trying to double the money.

Supersonic

So SM* series still have on car ah. Quick funny how come there is SMB plate for buses then no continue from there?! If buses will eventually come with SG plate, SG plate enough for the buses to run meh? Cannot be the plate only have SG?!

SMB is for SMRT Buses. It is used when the bus contracting model was not started yet and the prefix is specially catered for SMRT buses, just like SBS prefix for SBS buses.

Since now LTA takes over this bus contracting thing, they will consolidate all the buses under the common SG prefix to imply that these buses are the assets of the LTA and not affiliated to the bus companies anymore. Existing SBS and SMB prefix-ed buses will just continue even they are under LTA to prevent more confusion, I guess.

Anyway, what is there to worry? SG plate can be from 1 to 9999, which means they have 9999 buses to register. But I doubt they can even use all the numbers at the same time and fit 9999 public buses into this small island at the same time.

Supersonic
(edited)

SMB is for SMRT Buses. It is used when the bus contracting model was not started yet and the prefix is specially catered for SMRT buses, just like SBS prefix for SBS buses.

Since now LTA takes over this bus contracting thing, they will consolidate all the buses under the common SG prefix to imply that these buses are the assets of the LTA and not affiliated to the bus companies anymore. Existing SBS and SMB prefix-ed buses will just continue even they are under LTA to prevent more confusion, I guess.

Anyway, what is there to worry? SG plate can be from 1 to 9999, which means they have 9999 buses to register. But I doubt they can even use all the numbers at the same time and fit 9999 public buses into this small island at the same time.

I guess public buses same like taxis, maybe they recycle the number plate on their buses? Thats why they no need to worry that the prefix would be used up. Unlike private cars, the prefix continue to roll.

Edited by 13177

Still looking for number plate 123

new series SLA onwards not prefer

Prefix X Y Z not prefer

Still looking for one, kindly msg me if you have one for sale

• Praise 1

Supersonic

I guess public buses same like taxis, maybe they recycle the number plate on their buses? Thats why they no need to worry that the prefix would be used up. Unlike private cars, the prefix continue to roll.

Yes, they can recycle.