Bid / Buy / Sales of Vehicle Registration Numbers

Dennisk

Any bros here requested insurer to change vehicle number before? Do they charge a fee?

....my experience after writing a letter to inform insurer of changes made, did not have to pay anything [thumbsup]

but mine also damn complicating hor, [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

involved LTA given VRN to old car, old car VRN to first new car [drivingcar] , and then bid VRN to same old car to transfer ownership to kaki-lang before kaki-lang receiving second new car [sweatdrop]

insurer got it right in one go....but make sure to send them relevant LTA documents.

• Praise 1

....my experience after writing a letter to inform insurer of changes made, did not have to pay anything [thumbsup]

but mine also damn complicating hor, [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

involved LTA given VRN to old car, old car VRN to first new car [drivingcar] , and then bid VRN to same old car to transfer ownership to kaki-lang before kaki-lang receiving second new car [sweatdrop]

insurer got it right in one go....but make sure to send them relevant LTA documents.

Sorry for my limited knowledge. Who or what is an insurer ? Who actually play that role ?

Thanks

• Praise 2

Sorry for my limited knowledge. Who or what is an insurer ? Who actually play that role ?

Thanks

I thought insurer means insurance company,.....or not ? :huh:

• Praise 1

Thanks

so Angcheek means tongue-in-cheek? :D

• Praise 2

I thought insurer means insurance company,.....or not ? :huh:

ohhh sry now i read again i got what he meant .... haha yes i guess you are right.

so Angcheek means tongue-in-cheek? :D

Means red cheek hahah esp after drinking Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 1

Just curious. If new car plate no allocated not to preferences. Can buy a new no & change?

Wat the procedure n charges involved

Cannot just "buy" a new number and change, but can bid for a new number. Cost: bid price + $300. Alternatively, can buy an old plate from someone on this thread and consider as if you "retained" it. Either way, if you're changing the plate of a not-newly registered car, must fork out $1,300 at least.

See: http://www.onemotoring.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/maintain_vehicle/replacement_of_vehicle.html

Edited by Alheych

Cannot just "buy" a new number and change, but can bid for a new number. Cost: bid price + $300. Alternatively, can buy an old plate from someone on this thread and consider as if you "retained" it. Either way, if you're changing the plate of a not-newly registered car, must fork out $1,300 at least.

See: http://www.onemotoring.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/maintain_vehicle/replacement_of_vehicle.html

Thanks Bro for sharing the information.

Neutral Newbie

hi,

Letting go car plate number SJW909P. Interested party kindly pm me for Price. Direct Seller, vaild till May2015.

Edited by advocate
  • Praise 1