Price of wedding tables hits new high

Aaronlkl

Didn't know the place until my folks said highly recommended by my uncles that had their there.

Initially was apprehensive cos.. Lion City hotel.. machiam sounded like Hotel 81 kind ð

Fortunately wife was open to it and wanted it affordable also.

It ended up was a correct choice.

15 plus years now.. who still remember the deco in the banquet but the food ð¤£

most important is the wife :XD:
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Didn't know the place until my folks said highly recommended by my uncles that had their there.

Initially was apprehensive cos.. Lion City hotel.. machiam sounded like Hotel 81 kind

Edited by DACH
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
Couples left stranded after wedding caterer For You Wedding shuts

SINGAPORE: At least six couples have been left stranded after their wedding caterer abruptly cancelled their packages and became uncontactable.

The couples had paid monthly instalments for their wedding packages with For You Wedding amounting to about S$108,000 in total, the Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) said on Tuesday (Jul 31).

The six couples lodged complaints with the consumer watchdog between Jul 22 and 30.

According to the company's Facebook page, it also offers services such as wedding decor, photography and entertainment.

A check on social media by Channel NewsAsia found several complaints against the company, with one customer saying that he could not reach the company after he had paid 80 per cent of the cost of his wedding package.

A few customers also posted negative reviews on For You Wedding's Facebook page saying they were unhappy with the services rendered by the company.

The firm's website also appeared to have been taken down.

According to CASE, the company's registered address is 31 Woodlands Close, #08-33, Woodlands Horizon, Singapore 737855.

CASE said it encourages couples making pre-payments for their wedding packages to purchase wedding insurance that covers business insolvency.

"Consumers should also do their own research on whether the bridal agency has a good track record of delivering their services promptly and effectively," it said. "They should minimise their deposit payment as much as possible and should never make full payment upfront to the company."

Supersonic

SINGAPORE: At least six couples have been left stranded after their wedding caterer abruptly cancelled their packages and became uncontactable.

The couples had paid monthly instalments for their wedding packages with For You Wedding amounting to about S$108,000 in total, the Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE) said on Tuesday (Jul 31).

The six couples lodged complaints with the consumer watchdog between Jul 22 and 30.

According to the company's Facebook page, it also offers services such as wedding decor, photography and entertainment.

A check on social media by Channel NewsAsia found several complaints against the company, with one customer saying that he could not reach the company after he had paid 80 per cent of the cost of his wedding package.

A few customers also posted negative reviews on For You Wedding's Facebook page saying they were unhappy with the services rendered by the company.

According to CASE, the company's registered address is 31 Woodlands Close, #08-33, Woodlands Horizon, Singapore 737855.

CASE said it encourages couples making pre-payments for their wedding packages to purchase wedding insurance that covers business insolvency.

"Consumers should also do their own research on whether the bridal agency has a good track record of delivering their services promptly and effectively," it said. "They should minimise their deposit payment as much as possible and should never make full payment upfront to the company."

There have insurance to cover wedding package?

• Praise 1

Putting deposit I can understand.... But monthly instalment before the wedding even happens? 

When the garment is putting in road humps to overleveraging for properties..... These newly/gonna be wed couples are putting themselves into huge unsecured debts to pufff up the face infront of their relatives and friends. 

(edited)

Putting deposit I can understand.... But monthly instalment before the wedding even happens?

When the garment is putting in road humps to overleveraging for properties..... These newly/gonna be wed couples are putting themselves into huge unsecured debts to pufff up the face infront of their relatives and friends.

never know got such thing as monthly instalment for wedding package. Edited by Kopites

st regis, shangrila, grand hyatt, ritz carlton, marriot, and hotels in sentosa - these venues no-$200ang bao-no-talk 

Twincharged

st regis, shangrila, grand hyatt, ritz carlton, marriot, and hotels in sentosa - these venues no-$200ang bao-no-talk 

yes these places are expensive. but what are you trying to say?

(edited)

never know got such thing as monthly instalment for wedding package.ð¤ piak piak by instalment?

I suppose it’s like Renovation. There’s progressive payment along the way, otherwise the contractor will not be able to manage cash flow. I feel sorry for these couples lah. Wedding supposed to be 开开心心 one then now like that....

Anyway, it appears this is a Malay wedding caterer, that’s why it’s written as caterer not planner....

Edited by Chongster

Supercharged
(edited)

I heard void deck wedding can also cost 50k, but i look at the deco very normal leh. How true i dont know lah.

Edited by Xers007

Maybe kana conn into it or need to pay interest etc.

As usual , CASE is useless.

• Praise 2

(edited)

responding to the title of this thread - Price of wedding tables hit new high

means the angbao given by guest also must match the new high right

otherwise couples how to recoup?

and who are the highest currently? the few that i listed lor

atas hotels

yes these places are expensive. but what are you trying to say?

Edited by pegasi

Supersonic

atas hotels

Angbao nowadays minimum also need to give at least $120 for normal hotel.

There have insurance to cover wedding package?

Same thoughts here ... [grouphug]

Buy wedding package still need to buy insurance for it??? [dizzy]

Maybe i'm an old Fxck ... from the hole of the unknown [laugh] Never ever heard about it before [laugh]

Twincharged

atas hotels

i strongly disagree with the bold part.

that it the wedding couples problem. no one asked them to hold it there. they should never never expect the guest to match.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4