Irresponsible Parent.

Lmws214

Turbocharged

what kind of parent is this?!

Mother herself a lecturer and yet she is so irresponsible that she neglect the importance of Childcare

Leaving her 2 year-old child in a car unattended.

==============================================================================

Two-year-old girl in Malaysia dies after being left inside car for four hours

PORT DICKSON - A two-year-old girl died after she was left inside a car by her mother.

She was believed to have succumbed to heatstroke.

Hasmah Masroh, 32, found her daughter, Nur Awfa Humaisha' Muhammad Ali Riduan, unconscious after she realised that she was still in the car at the Port Dickson Vocational College here.

Port Dickson OCPD Supt Zainduin Ahmad said preliminary investigations revealed that the mother, who is a lecturer at the college, left the toddler in the car at the college's parking lot for four hours.

"She only realised that her child was still in the car at around 1pm. When she rushed to the vehicle, the victim was already unconscious," he said.

The mother then rushed her daughter to the Port Dickson health clinic but the victim was pronounced dead a short while later.

Supt Zainudin said a post mortem would be conducted on the child to establish the cause of death. No arrests have been made.

The case, he said, was being investigated under Section 31(1)(a) of the Child Act for child abuse.

Offenders can be jailed up to 10 years and fined not more than RM20,000 (S$6,700) upon conviction.

http://www.asiaone.com/malaysia/two-year-old-girl-malaysia-dies-after-being-left-inside-car-four-hours?xtor=EREC-16-4[Emarsys_Newsletter]-20180315&extid=6934d0cfb7b252f1ae9f0dbddf5ff88ca8637e77

post-197177-0-22369200-1521115180.jpg

Edited by Lmws214
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Dont know whats the world coming to nowadays... got in Singapore son rape the mother 

This one some  more educated and lecturer can forget until so long and its been her daily schedule

I have also forgotten a couple of times....... so vege's/ fruits bag I bought on way home and forgot to take out until the next day when I open the vehicle back door  to put somethng in or suddenly just remembered that I forgot to bring out the bag.... I guess lapse of the moment can happen   

• Praise 2

Supercharged

my son was a quiet baby and will fall asleep whenever we strap him on the baby seat

There was a time my wife was in a rush, forgotten to drop him to the baby sitter when she's on the way to work

She only found out when she reached her office

I can imagine if she got distracted or rushed to the office immediately after parking the car, she may not realised that our son was still in the car

she thought it was silly and funny but almost collapse after I told her the possible consequences

• Praise 2

Twincharged

i sometimes forget to off the lights or lock the doors or even forget my keys ... but i cant imagine leaving a kid behind in the car .... 

its not as if we are driving buses ...

Mother herself a lecturer and yet she is so irresponsible that she neglect the importance of Childcare

I believe it was honest mistake and the mother will blame herself for rest of her life. 

Its not easy for one to carry this kind of guilt for the whole life. My condolences to her and family. 

• Praise 7

Turbocharged

exactly, what the world has turned into. Very sad!

Dont know whats the world coming to nowadays... got in Singapore son rape the mother 

This one some  more educated and lecturer can forget until so long and its been her daily schedule

I have also forgotten a couple of times....... so vege's/ fruits bag I bought on way home and forgot to take out until the next day when I open the vehicle back door  to put somethng in or suddenly just remembered that I forgot to bring out the bag.... I guess lapse of the moment can happen   

Supersonic

I guess no one wants that to happen. 

Sometimes life gets so busy that our memory do not work 100% perfect.

However as the use of handphones is getting prevalent, and also addictive to many, please remember your child and not be an irresponsible parent.

If you think your handphone is more important than your child, then don't have children.

exactly, what the world has turned into. Very sad!

More humans, less humanity.

• Praise 2

I guess no one wants that to happen.

Sometimes life gets so busy that our memory do not work 100% perfect.

However as the use of handphones is getting prevalent, and also addictive to many, please remember your child and not be an irresponsible parent.

If you think your handphone is more important than your child, then don't have children.

More humans, less humanity.

You have any children?

• Praise 1

This is not the first case, and much as i hope not - it's not likely to be the last.

Somehow we are all programmed to do certain routine things automatically, so much so that the brain doesn't assess and evaluate things before any action is carried out.

If she's been following a routine daily without the baby, then it is not inconceivable that she might forget the baby if her mind is preoccupied with other things.

For this reason, it is important that when there is any non-routine matters to deal with, we should pay attention to it and not overlook it.

I guess putting the baby in a child seat at the back seat doesn't help... Is there a safe way to put the child seat in front? That way, impossible to forget...

==============================================================================

Two-year-old girl in Malaysia dies after being left inside car for four hours

PORT DICKSON - A two-year-old girl died after she was left inside a car by her mother.

She was believed to have succumbed to heatstroke.

Hasmah Masroh, 32, found her daughter, Nur Awfa Humaisha' Muhammad Ali Riduan, unconscious after she realised that she was still in the car at the Port Dickson Vocational College here.

Port Dickson OCPD Supt Zainduin Ahmad said preliminary investigations revealed that the mother, who is a lecturer at the college, left the toddler in the car at the college's parking lot for four hours.

"She only realised that her child was still in the car at around 1pm. When she rushed to the vehicle, the victim was already unconscious," he said.

The mother then rushed her daughter to the Port Dickson health clinic but the victim was pronounced dead a short while later.

Supt Zainudin said a post mortem would be conducted on the child to establish the cause of death. No arrests have been made.

The case, he said, was being investigated under Section 31(1)(a) of the Child Act for child abuse.

Offenders can be jailed up to 10 years and fined not more than RM20,000 (S$6,700) upon conviction.

http://www.asiaone.com/malaysia/two-year-old-girl-malaysia-dies-after-being-left-inside-car-four-hours?xtor=EREC-16-4[Emarsys_Newsletter]-20180315&extid=6934d0cfb7b252f1ae9f0dbddf5ff88ca8637e77

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I think it is a case of lapse of memory. Very sad, but it could happen to any parents especially if they are in a rush. 

Thesedays, I am also quite OCD before I lock and leave my client's house (after conducting viewing) . Sometimes, lock already still open again and re-enter to check 2nd time to make sure everything (lights, air-con, windows etc) is off.  Check and re-check just in case. 

Edited by Icedbs

But dun we usually check our car after locking? How could she miss her child?

How could she allow her child to sit behind alone?

• Praise 3

my son was a quiet baby and will fall asleep whenever we strap him on the baby seat

There was a time my wife was in a rush, forgotten to drop him to the baby sitter when she's on the way to work

She only found out when she reached her office

I can imagine if she got distracted or rushed to the office immediately after parking the car, she may not realised that our son was still in the car

she thought it was silly and funny but almost collapse after I told her the possible consequences

The question is why the babysitter didn't call her when she didn't turn up?

Hmmmmmmm....

Supercharged

The question is why the babysitter didn't call her when she didn't turn up?

Hmmmmmmm....

it takes a few bad things aligned for a tragedy to happen

If my wife really left my son in the car, the baby sitter may (or may not) call half an hour later and save him, or my wife may missed the call or maybe a passerby saw the baby in the car, no one knows

My wife saw my son sleeping quietly in the baby seat when she turned back to grab her laptop afte she parked the car, that broke the 'final destination' sequence

My son is a teenager now, I showed my wife the the news posted by the OP and she is still bothered by it

It was this close...

fogofwar1.jpg

• Praise 5

Old days must lock car with keys so bound to see ..... nowadays maybe people rush rush out of car and use remote control from distance also cannot see one
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

Nowadays, some keyless system don't even need to press any button. Just get out of the car and walk off. So alot of people don't check their cars.

• Praise 2

This is not the first case, and much as i hope not - it's not likely to be the last.

Somehow we are all programmed to do certain routine things automatically, so much so that the brain doesn't assess and evaluate things before any action is carried out.

If she's been following a routine daily without the baby, then it is not inconceivable that she might forget the baby if her mind is preoccupied with other things.

For this reason, it is important that when there is any non-routine matters to deal with, we should pay attention to it and not overlook it.

I guess putting the baby in a child seat at the back seat doesn't help... Is there a safe way to put the child seat in front? That way, impossible to forget...

It's a break in her routine like you said.

She probably never had a cue to check the backseat after she dropped off her kid at the babysitter. That day, she just missed that one trigger and subsequently went about her daily routine. It's our automatic system 2 that's on-going.

Unfortunately, this one mistake had grave consequences.

Old days must lock car with keys so bound to see ..... nowadays maybe people rush rush out of car and use remote control from distance also cannot see one

i don't really check my car when i leave it as well. just press the button and off i go.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Nowadays, some keyless system don't even need to press any button. Just get out of the car and walk off. So alot of people don't check their cars.

I keep my remote in a pouch ... so basically I will still push that little button on my door handle to lock the door ... and then reconfirm by seeing that the side mirrors have folded.

↡ Advertisement