Which brand and model for Smart TV? So many until blur...

LPPL

So many brands of Smart TV and so many models in the market, see until blur...

Some recommend only buy LG and Samsung, one salesman swear by Sony, another one say Phillips better, the more I listen, the more confused I get...

If looking for an under $1500 55" Smart 4k LED TV (whether with inbuilt Android or not), what do you guys recommend? TIA

↡ Advertisement

So many brands of Smart TV and so many models in the market, see until blur...

Some recommend only buy LG and Samsung, one salesman swear by Sony, another one say Phillips better, the more I listen, the more confused I get...

If looking for an under $1500 55" Smart 4k LED TV (whether with inbuilt Android or not), what do you guys recommend? TIA

Look for Saturday ad for promo.

I also swear by Sony. The color sibei swee.

Look for Saturday ad for promo.

I also swear by Sony. The color sibei swee.

Thought Samsung colour also not bad?

Thought Samsung colour also not bad?

Swee! But bright pixels started appearing 1 month after 3 years warranty is up <_<

Swee! But bright pixels started appearing 1 month after 3 years warranty is up <_<

Really ah? I didnt owned a Samsung tv before. So it means have to change tv every 3 years?  [:p]

Go to Gain City, Harvey or Courts to do comparison.

TV now so cheap. Not bad is not good enough.

Since TV so cheap now, no need to compare so much, just buy the one which have promotion. Lol.

http://www.harveynorman.com.sg/tv-blu-ray-and-home-theatre/tvs/tvs-en/?subcats=Y&features_hash=V7216&sort_by=price&sort_order=asc

I recommend the 55" UJ632T, slightly above your budget, but is worth considering. Try LG magic stick and compared it with other brands' remote controllers.

You should compare the prices between Audio house, Best Denki, Gain City, Harvey Norman, Courts, Parisilk and Mega Discount Store.

Since TV so cheap now, no need to compare so much, just buy the one which have promotion. Lol.

I m a person who tunes TV to optimal condition.

So, I don't buy any cheap TV.

Supersonic

Really ah? I didnt owned a Samsung tv before. So it means have to change tv every 3 years?  [:p]

it's built-in obsolescence

(edited)

http://www.harveynorman.com.sg/tv-blu-ray-and-home-theatre/tvs/tvs-en/?subcats=Y&features_hash=V7216&sort_by=price&sort_order=asc

I recommend the 55" UJ632T, slightly above your budget, but is worth considering. Try LG magic stick and compared it with other brands' remote controllers.

You should compare the prices between Audio house, Best Denki, Gain City, Harvey Norman, Courts, Parisilk and Mega Discount Store.

This is the problem, 55" UHD LG model UJ632T selling $1629, 55" Phillips model PUT6102 selling only $998, both TVs to the naked eye I won't say the difference is huge. Phillips processing speed is 500hz while korean brands at that price is running at only 100hz with the former selling more than $600 cheaper than the korean brands. If the higher price is just paying for branding more than performance, I will rather go for cheaper and higher performance model, unless of course there is something about the reliability of Phillips I do not know, in comparison to Samsung and LG. 

Edited by LPPL

This is the problem, 55" UHD LG model UJ632T selling $1629, 55" Phillips model PUT6102 selling only $998, both TVs to the naked eye I won't say the difference is huge. Phillips processing speed is 500hz while korean brands at that price is running at only 100hz with the former selling more than $600 cheaper than the korean brands. If the higher price is just paying for branding more than performance, I will rather go for cheaper and higher performance model, unless of course there is something about the reliability of Phillips I do not know, in comparison to Samsung and LG.

wah bro....phillip put 1602 below 1k. 2 weeks back i checked it was 1.2k (best denki)......which store you went to check?

Go down to Harvey & compare lo.

As I watch 720p most of the times, there will be diff to me in term of how the color is rendered, true black & etc.

Edited by Davidtch

For TV, I also check where is the TV made. Many TV, many Japanese brand now have some models are made elsewhere. For example Panasonic have models that is made in malaysia. Sharp some models that are made in China.

LG & Samsung are both made in Korea though

Edited by Freemen

For TV, I also check where is the TV made. Many TV, many Japanese brand now have some models are made elsewhere. For example Panasonic have models that is made in malaysia. Sharp some models that are made in China.

LG & Samsung are both made in Korea though

I think all Jap brand now all made in elsewhere liao, not easy to find MIJ TV.