Which brand and model for Smart TV? So many until blur...

LPPL

Let me tell you a secret about TVs that will save you a lot of money.

Size doesn't matter.

When watching TV you are watching the program not the TV.

The only time you notice how big it is when it's switched off.

Now you know you don't need to waste money buying the biggest TV.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

For me I would say buy according to what you are watching most of the time. If the source of the video streaming is able give you good video quality like full HD and 4K, you buy the tv which is able to process that quality. If it only streams up to lower HD quality dan no point getting so good.

There will be a lot of multi-function tv to distract you. That's why it's important to set a budget so that you won't over spend. List down your priority functions and plus your budget it will help you narrow down your choices.

When you buy LED/LCD TV, please ask the salesman the screen warranty for how long......not just the TV.

For e.g, Sharp screen warranty only 1 year but TV warranty 3 years. When I bought, I thought the whole TV is 3 years, and then when the screen started to have problem after 1 year, I could not get the the screen repaired unless I pay $$$

I am not sure if Sharp still having such a policy, but becareful when you buy other brands as well.

Thesedays, I only buy TV for landlords or tenants and the best deals are in qoo10 or lazada. These vendors may have a physical shop but they normally don't have display sets for you to check.

If let's say you are looking for extended warranty. I suggest go Hxrvey Nxrman but expect to pay for the extanded warranty. Whatever repairs they will cover the cost. If repair cost too much they will offer you a 1 to 1 exchange. And check whether your credit card can do interest free installment. Usually when I buy big ticket items I go to them. Coz for ppl like moving to a new house they don't have so much credit to buy so many things all at once they offer flexible terms.

Edited by Watwheels

I never believe in overpaying for tv, what you pay $8k now will be worth $2k or less in a few years time. I remember those days when hd ready led tv costing more than 2k, now sell for 100 bucks also nobody want.

I will not pay even 2k for 55" TV.

I pay 1+k for Sony TV.  Don't ask me where to buy hor.

LG their remote is very user friendly.

But i still appreciate the colors of my older samsung tv than my LG tv in living room. But I'm quite chin chai about this.

Whatever shown on tv is good only when the source of the video and audio is just as good. Coz if the source of the video and audio is bad your good tv and sound system cannot convert them into something good. A lot of ppl dunno and do not understand this.

Same as car audio system. Ppl spend a fortune on the audio system but the source of their audio(aka the music source they have downloaded) is crap. So their expensive sound system plays crap as well. In other words the format of the video and audio got to match your hardware.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

Whatever shown on tv is good only when the source of the video and audio is just as good. Coz if the source of the video and audio is bad your good tv and sound system cannot convert them into something good. A lot of ppl dunno and do not understand this.

Same as car audio system. Ppl spend a fortune on the audio system but the source of their audio(aka the music source they have downloaded) is crap. So their expensive sound system plays crap as well. In other words the format of the video and audio got to match your hardware.

That's why I still buy CD.

Waiting for HD music

Supersonic

Waiting for HD music

Where do you buy your CDs?

I find it very hard to buy CDs these days, unless online.

Amazon

yesasia.com for Asian CD.

Gave up looking for it in brick & mortar shop

Edited by Davidtch

Waiting for HD music

I find those old hifi systems with multiple speakers like JVC better than those new sound bars. 

I find those old hifi systems with multiple speakers like JVC better than those new sound bars.

My home is 3.1 AV system.

No soundbar for me

I will not pay even 2k for 55" TV.

I pay 1+k for Sony TV.  Don't ask me where to buy hor.

Same here, not about affordability, just that I feel it is not worth paying so much for TV. When I buy washing machine, i will also go for those with as little electronic features as possible. 

Please don’t buy 4K tv if you don’t have any 4K content videos..I’ve had friends whom spend butt load of cash for 4K tv thinking all videos he watches would automatically be 4k

• Praise 2

Last time I buy cassette from them

Please donât buy 4K tv if you donât have any 4K content videos..Iâve had friends whom spend butt load of cash for 4K tv thinking all videos he watches would automatically be 4k

Before I bought the 4k Panasonic tv, I was using a led lg tv

Same content but The Panasonic one really much brighter and colour vibrant

But of course the new tv is IPs panel which is known for bright and colour

post-25827-0-14492500-1521617600_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 1

Last time I buy cassette from them

Before I bought the 4k Panasonic tv, I was using a led lg tv

Same content but The Panasonic one really much brighter and colour vibrant

But of course the new tv is IPs panel which is known for bright and colour

My time is buy cd from Chua Joo Huat. The malay girl there is knowledgeable in all genre of music.