Anodising of alloy rims

Archenemy

Anyone has any idea where i can go to anodise my rims?

Spray painting just doesnt cut it for me.

Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement

Ppl who does anodising don't do tires. So who is going to remove your wheels and tires? You get what I mean? You have to go to a tire shop have everything removed, transport the rims to the workshop that does anodising...

And the anodising of four rims might take a couple of days to complete the job depending on the workshop's other commitments. So in the mean time your car have to loan 4 wheels temporarily. Paint don't cut it for you? First ask yourself you got the lobang to do what is necessary or not? Talk is cheap.

I have a set of spares (the stock rims and tyres actually) at my office ready to be used while my rims are being treated.

So yes im definitely ready to use my stock rims for 1 week. My office IS the tyre shop.

• Praise 2

You only have a couple of issues solved.

What coating, paint, treament are already done on the rims you want to anodise? Becoz the workshop will have to strip of all of the finishing. If they can't strip it cleanly the finish process might not be as ideal as you hoped.

(edited)

Yeah i need it to be stripped of exisiting paint before any work is done..

It was originally anodised but previous owner went to spray paint it.

Edited by Archenemy

Anyone has any idea where i can go to anodise my rims?

Spray painting just doesnt cut it for me.

Thanks in advance!

Advance chemical in ubi?

I don't deal with them directly (my supplier does) and it was quite a few years back. I think you need to strip the current paint your own, from what I know, they don't do it for you. if foreign material is not stripped properly, there may have patches of different tones and uneven colours.

Why don't you consider powder coating? powder coating gives a deeper colour and a harder surface protection than anodized.

Advance chemical in ubi?

I don't deal with them directly (my supplier does) and it was quite a few years back. I think you need to strip the current paint your own, from what I know, they don't do it for you. if foreign material is not stripped properly, there may have patches of different tones and uneven colours.

Why don't you consider powder coating? powder coating gives a deeper colour and a harder surface protection than anodized.

Thanks for the info...

Cos the original rims came anodised..was hoping that they can achieve the same tone...if spray paint it will look like replica rims..

Thanks for the info...

Cos the original rims came anodised..was hoping that they can achieve the same tone...if spray paint it will look like replica rims..

i advice to you to give them a Ring and ask for estimate cost for whole process , it may make you change your mind of doing such work.

and further more doing it on old used wheels is usually don't last long and blame can be push to poor paint stripped and alloy corrosion and humidity here.

But the way can share the Pic of your wheels ?

Appreciate and thank you your understanding

There's still salvation for the rims if it's already anodised. You have to get the spray paint workshop to strip the existing paint. Send the rims to the anodising workshop to do a "clear anodising" to make it look like new again. Means you will have to accept the colour that is already on the rims.

Cost wise they usually go by the weight of the item you want to do eg. $/per kg

There's still salvation for the rims if it's already anodised. You have to get the spray paint workshop to strip the existing paint. Send the rims to the anodising workshop to do a "clear anodising" to make it look like new again. Means you will have to accept the colour that is already on the rims.

Cost wise they usually go by the weight of the item you want to do eg. $/per kg

I guess the condition of the anodising should be not good..thats why the previous owner sprayed over it...

i advice to you to give them a Ring and ask for estimate cost for whole process , it may make you change your mind of doing such work.

and further more doing it on old used wheels is usually don't last long and blame can be push to poor paint stripped and alloy corrosion and humidity here.

But the way can share the Pic of your wheels ?

Appreciate and thank you your understanding

I remember i went to 1 shop in Ubi before..maybe its the shop you mentioned..they told me they dont do..

Actually im ok with spending some money for it..i asked my factory who will definitely do it for me in thailand..but the shipping cost is a killer..

I guess the condition of the anodising should be not good..thats why the previous owner sprayed over it...

I remember i went to 1 shop in Ubi before..maybe its the shop you mentioned..they told me they dont do..

Actually im ok with spending some money for it..i asked my factory who will definitely do it for me in thailand..but the shipping cost is a killer..

When it comes to cost consideration spray paint is still cheaper and uses less labour. Otherwise everyone will do anodise instead of spray paint.

For anodising process the most ideal is to bring them the bear metal w/o any finishing on the surface. Ppl who dunno will comprain they did not do a good job. But actually ppl do not understand what they are doing hence it's easier to just reject their request.

Edited by Watwheels

Advance chemical in ubi?

Why don't you consider powder coating? powder coating gives a deeper colour and a harder surface protection than anodized.

Ran out of anodising options..haha..

Any contacts you might have for powder coating?

Ran out of anodising options..haha..

Any contacts you might have for powder coating?

just my humble opinion

both Anodising and powder coating are nve in my mind.

both process needs special skill / experient not just equipment.

if I am just wanna make my wheels like new I rather send to reputable Spray painting shop which they have been doing 1000 or more time doing it .

Frankly speaking had seen 1 car sent for powder coating and result is not as expected because of preparation , material  

just my humble opinion

both Anodising and powder coating are nve in my mind.

both process needs special skill / experient not just equipment.

if I am just wanna make my wheels like new I rather send to reputable Spray painting shop which they have been doing 1000 or more time doing it .

Frankly speaking had seen 1 car sent for powder coating and result is not as expected because of preparation , material

Thanks for your opinion. What do you mean by nve by the way?

The bronze achieved by spray painting is really a far cry from the original anodised bronze that volk racing rims come with..thats why i dont want to spray paint. I have asked for some samples from workshops of the bronze work that they have done..quite disappointing to be honest.

Is your rims made of aluminum?

Only aluminum parts can be anodised.

If it is steel rim then it cannot be done.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement