VW reveals the new 2019 Touareg

DACH

Supersonic

VW reveals the new Touareg, but not for America.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/03/23/vw-touareg-revealed-not-for-us-943371/

db2018au00174-small-1.jpg

Volkswagen has just revealed the latest version of its first modern SUV, the Touareg. It's bigger and is way more high-tech than its predecessors. And according to Volkswagen, it's not for us in the United States. Instead, it will just be launching in overseas markets such as China and Europe.

As such, we'll be missing out on one of the more gadget-laden 
VWs we've seen. The SUV will be available with a 12-inch Digital Cockpit display for the instruments as well as a huge 15-inch infotainment screen, bigger even than the 12-inch monster in the Ram 1500. VW gave this combination a name that wouldn't be out of place in a car from the '50s, or maybe a tech company from the '90s, the Innovision Cockpit. Volkswagen says drivers can use these screens to adjust many settings to adjust how the car drives, and to control what's happening in the interior and personalize it.

The technology isn't restricted to the infotainment. Handling is enhanced with four-wheel-steering and electronically adjustable anti-roll bars. A full complement of safety features includes night vision, front cross-traffic assist, LED matrix headlights and Roadwork Lane Assist. This is a semi-autonomous feature that will handle steering, braking and accelerating at speeds up to 37 mph.

Volkswagen notes the new 
Touareg is longer and wider than the current model, but through the use of aluminum and high-strength steel, it's 234 pounds lighter. Powering the bigger, wider body will be a range of engines including two diesel V6s making 228 horsepower and 282 horsepower. A 335-horsepower gasoline V6, 415-horsepower diesel V8, and 362-horsepower hybrid powertrain will also be available.

db2018au00175-small-1.jpg

db2018au00176-small-1.jpg

db2018au00181-small-1.jpg

db2018au00178-small-1.jpg

db2018au00177-small-1.jpg

db2018au00183-small-1.jpg

db2018au00184-small-1.jpg

db2018al00205-small-1.jpg

db2018au00186-small-1.jpg

db2018au00185-small-1.jpg

db2018au00188-small-1.jpg

db2018au00191-small-1.jpg

db2018au00189-small-1.jpg

db2018au00190-small-1.jpg

db2018au00192-small-1.jpg

db2018au00193-small-1.jpg

db2018au00198-small-1.jpg

db2018au00194-small-1.jpg

db2018au00195-small-1.jpg

db2018au00197-small-1.jpg

db2018au00199-small-1.jpg

Edited by DACH
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Too bad no 7 seater? This size for 7 seats would be ok but then again they got the Sharan which is a proper 7 seater but Sharan is MPV whilst this Toureg could target the SUV 7 seater market which is now quite popular.

• Praise 4

Too bad no 7 seater? This size for 7 seats would be ok but then again they got the Sharan which is a proper 7 seater but Sharan is MPV whilst this Toureg could target the SUV 7 seater market which is now quite popular.

VA has Atlas 7 seater SUV but not available in RHD I think...

the Q7 compatible Skoda Kodiak would be just right at the price point.

But lugging a huge a$$ SUV around is going to hurt the pocket unless its absolutely necessary evil.

even the tig is a tad thirsty liao. But thats just me.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Very nice, especially the interior.  wondering what will the price be benchmarked to...

Hoping it won't be in the range of the XC60 or NX300.

New range of VW cars going to look interesting (interior) if all going to get the design cue from the Tourag release.

cheers.

Very nice, especially the interior.  wondering what will the price be benchmarked to...

Hoping it won't be in the range of the XC60 or NX300.

New range of VW cars going to look interesting (interior) if all going to get the design cue from the Tourag release.

cheers.

errrr.....its not even in the same cat.

Tourareg is much bigger. try comparing to XC90, Q7 ,cayenne.

CX9 etc

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

the Q7 compatible Skoda Kodiak would be just right at the price point.

But lugging a huge a$$ SUV around is going to hurt the pocket unless its absolutely necessary evil.

even the tig is a tad thirsty liao. But thats just me.

Hence why diesel makes a lot of sense

errrr.....its not even in the same cat.

Tourareg is much bigger. try comparing to XC90, Q7 ,cayenne.

CX9 etc

Oh ya....u got a valid point.  It was my oversight.

• Praise 1

Front look like arteon (only with bigger grille) the rear like Q7. VW always make better looking car than Audi in my opinion. Powerful too. Too bad reliability is my only main concern.

Edited by mercymercy

The new 2019 Tourareg looks pretty good, the interior is pretty high tech looking, wonder how is it's reliability in current times. Have a friend whom got a brand new touran brand new last July had lotsa issues with the gearbox, engine and interior fit and finish. Lawsuit ongoing so shan't say too much.

VW makes pretty nice cars, just that their reliability is not there yet.

The new 2019 Tourareg looks pretty good, the interior is pretty high tech looking, wonder how is it's reliability in current times. Have a friend whom got a brand new touran brand new last July had lotsa issues with the gearbox, engine and interior fit and finish. Lawsuit ongoing so shan't say too much.

VW makes pretty nice cars, just that their reliability is not there yet.

Touran and Touareg are 2 very different vehicles.

For one, I think the Touran uses the 7 speed dry dsq (DQ200) which was the problematic clutch last time. Now may have improved, but worries about reliability is still there due to reputation.

The wet clutch dsgs are ok. The Touareg doesn't even use the dsg. I am sure the Touareg will be fine.

Drove the 2018 3.0v6 diesel in Germany for abt 2 weeks (1,000+km)

Nice tech and good torque to merge into expresssways

However my wife complained the seats are not comfortable at all

Edited by Wyfitms
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1