Parking charges at 6 more military camps and bases from Apri

SINGAPORE: The Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) will be imposing market rate season parking charges on six more MINDEF and Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) camps and bases from Sunday (Apr 1).

In a news release on Tuesday, MINDEF said the car parks in these six camps have been deemed to have market value due to their proximity to public amenities. It did not specify which camps will be affected.

Channel NewsAsia understands that Khatib Camp and Mowbray Camp in Choa Chu Kang are among the six.

MINDEF said the season parking policy will apply to all permanent staff as well as contractors who require a car park lot on a regular basis.

This is in addition to the 10 camps, bases and related premises that currently impose season parking charges.

“Operationally ready National Servicemen who are going for their in-camp training and other operationally ready National Service activities will continue not to be charged for parking their cars in all camp/bases,” said MINDEF.

Channel NewsAsia understands that the season parking charges are S$120 per month for covered car parks and S$90 per month for open-air car parks. 

These are based on the market rates of Housing and Development Board car parks near the premises.

The Ministry of Education announced on Monday that staff at national schools will be charged season parking fees from August. 

Parking policy at schools came under review after the Audit-General's Office (AGO) 2014/2015 Financial Year report highlighted that some educational institutions did not impose parking charges or had charges that were below the market rate.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/mindef-parking-charges-6-military-camps-and-bases-april-10079268

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Istana right inside Orchard road, so should charge President for rental ? then reimburse for tax purpose ? 

How about car part at Parliament house or Court ? 

• Praise 5

Istana right inside Orchard road, so should charge President for rental ? then reimburse for tax purpose ?

Ownself pay ownerself

Next will be the Ministry of Home Affairs.......Police Stations, SCDF offices and Customs and Excise and Immigration Offices........xiao liao....:a-bang:

Maybe paid from tax payer $$$?

Maybe paid from tax payer $$$?

Their salary and perks confirmed paid by tax payer money.

what i am saying is, if really want transparency that there is no hidden perks or subsidies, than we should just make even the ministers, President, PM pay for the currently provided benefits, but let them claim, so that it can be included as part of their package and be taxed accordingly. 

But, i know i am still dreaming.  [sleeping]

• Praise 3

Good.

Good but I no more ict....haiz

Their salary and perks confirmed paid by tax payer money.

what i am saying is, if really want transparency that there is no hidden perks or subsidies, than we should just make even the ministers, President, PM pay for the currently provided benefits, but let them claim, so that it can be included as part of their package and be taxed accordingly.

But, i know i am still dreaming. [sleeping]

Like that then bus interchange and Depot also need to charge season parking for buses....Jin jialuck
  • Praise 1

Smrt may also charge season parking for staff that park at its depot

It is fringe benefit that subject to income tax.

SMRT staff working in depot may have to pay xtra tax.

Next will be the Ministry of Home Affairs.......Police Stations, SCDF offices and Customs and Excise and Immigration Offices........xiao liao.... :a-bang:

A fren of mine ever told me that those working at ICA n Police are already paying for the cp rates for a few yrs liao . Not sure true anot . 

A fren of mine ever told me that those working at ICA n Police are already paying for the cp rates for a few yrs liao . Not sure true anot .

Usually the HQ cp are not free.......same as any other Headquarters. Those installation like ciq, tuas and Police Academy? These places are out of the way.......