Windscreen coating

Discoburg

Twincharged

Good morning bro. I also used to DIY. However I have to do so every Saturday. What product do you use?

how do you remove old coating if you do ?

↡ Advertisement

how do you remove old coating if you do ?

Normal glass cleaner should be able to do the job. Or you can coat over like @discoburg mentioned. I usually do step 1 before re-coating as I find that it last longer if I do this. Otherwise, I will just coat over on days that I'm feeling lazy.

• Praise 1

bro, what is the purpose of windscreen coating?

from my understanding its for rain/water repellent.

it will help improves visibility of the road during rainy weather.

• Praise 2

I just use 3m foam spray. Wipe off with 3m glass cleaner cloth. This combo is a must. Easily get rid of oily film and dirt on windscreen. Crystal clean after cleaning and does not streak when using wiper/spray. Remember to rinse your 3m glass cleaner cloth after every use and air dry it. I clean my windshield every 2 weeks or whenever it seem dirty, or when I feel the wiper start to streak when activated.

• Praise 1

Bro, any idea where to buy it nowadays?

I'm using xpert 60 Liquid Shield. I tried several products for windscreen coating and came to a conclusion that this liquid shield last me the longest. In fact, a reputable brand S***x lasted about half the duration compared to this liquid shield.

attachicon.gifxpert-60_liquid_shield_500ml_trigger.jpg

Yeah auto backs have, can buy in Qoo10 and Shopee. Just wondering have cheaper source or not.

Think autobacs have.. Otherwise, they have a shop in serangoon north First Centre..

On 4/2/2018 at 9:55 AM, Buadongdong said:

I'm using xpert 60 Liquid Shield. I tried several products for windscreen coating and came to a conclusion that this liquid shield last me the longest. In fact, a reputable brand S***x lasted about half the duration compared to this liquid shield.

post-138980-0-06092800-1522634129_thumb.jpg

Bro, was coating my new ride's windscreen and then thought of you again as I took out this bottle from the boot.

11 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Bro, was coating my new ride's windscreen and then thought of you again as I took out this bottle from the boot.

Wah.. what new ride did u get? So now my face corresponds to liquid shield liao.. haha😆

• Haha! 3

11 hours ago, Discoburg said:

No need coat la.  Just make sure your windscreen clean clean

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

3 hours ago, inlinesix said:

No need coat la.  Just make sure your windscreen clean clean

Need coat. Couldn't see anything when the rain gets a bit heavier. Windscreen is always kept clean.

3 hours ago, Buadongdong said:

Wah.. what new ride did u get? So now my face corresponds to liquid shield liao.. haha😆

Got the new Mazda 3 hatchback. You are the one who recommended me this good product ma.

1 hour ago, Discoburg said:

Need coat. Couldn't see anything when the rain gets a bit heavier. Windscreen is always kept clean.

if too heavy safer to stop at shoulder first cos worry those KuKu FT driver bang onto you

FT all driving bumper car one...kiss and go style...dangerous 

be safe than sorry

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

6 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

if too heavy safer to stop at shoulder first cos worry those KuKu FT driver bang onto you

FT all driving bumper car one...kiss and go style...dangerous 

be safe than sorry

No need stop, just coat and how heavy also no problem. Hydrophobic windscreen is much better then hydrophilic.

Your avatar very familiar but not the nick. Same goes for @inlinesix

Edited by Discoburg
↡ Advertisement