2019 Toyota RAV4

DACH

proper SUV look, to me. will make a nice overland vehicle. wonder will it be popular like foresters and harriers [drivingcar]  :a-happy:

Depends on how dealer is going to price it. 

Depends on how dealer is going to price it. 

The old one was priced same as the Harrier when I visited the showroom. Haha, so the new one could jolly well be priced higher and we will see very little of them on the roads despite the Harrier being "positioned higher".

• Praise 1

The old one was priced same as the Harrier when I visited the showroom. Haha, so the new one could jolly well be priced higher and we will see very little of them on the roads despite the Harrier being "positioned higher".

BM should bring in the new RAV4 with smaller engines, like 1.5l or 1.8l.

The current 2.0l cannot sell, I think is the selling price and road tax for such compact SUV. 

The current 2.0l cannot sell, I think is the selling price and road tax for such compact SUV. 

agreed... no bang for buck. 

• Praise 1

RAV4 got 1.5 or 1.8 meh?

RAV4 got 1.5 or 1.8 meh?

The 2nd gen RAV4 has the 1.8l engine.

And some engines are downsizing recently.

So why not?

Hi Andrew,

Indeed and one look at the price of RAV4 when there to book the Harrier Turbo is that someone in BM should be fired ... 4WD indeed preferred but how to compare to turbo charged 350Nm and 224 bhp of the latter .. lol !

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Andrew,

Indeed and one look at the price of RAV4 when there to book the Harrier Turbo is that someone in BM should be fired ... 4WD indeed preferred but how to compare to turbo charged 350Nm and 224 bhp of the latter .. lol !

Cheers,

Richard

Haha, the pricing of the RAV4 is actually in line with Toyota overall pricing. The Harrier HT is "cheap" because BM wants to compete with the PI which had a long headstart with Harriers. Of course you have to be strange to choose the RAV4 over the Harrier.

Haha, the pricing of the RAV4 is actually in line with Toyota overall pricing. The Harrier HT is "cheap" because BM wants to compete with the PI which had a long headstart with Harriers. Of course you have to be strange to choose the RAV4 over the Harrier.

Hi Andrew,

Indeed .... and hence never looking much into Toyotas until the Harrier Turbo.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Andrew,

Indeed .... and hence never looking much into Toyotas until the Harrier Turbo.

Cheers,

Richard

I find toyota/lexus sales person very amazing. i asked why e250 no turbo engine. the lexus sales told me toyota dont believe in turbo engine. they are strong believer of NA engine because they last longer. then i asked why IS and RX now into turbo engine and harrier too. the reply is toyota then realised they made a mistake so they going back to NA for new models. i scratch my head

• Praise 3

I usually only ask these type of question to the SEs for self entertainment...to see what kind of bull crap they can pull from their pocket of tricks. Most of the time I am well rewarded with new level of stupidity... :D

I find toyota/lexus sales person very amazing. i asked why e250 no turbo engine. the lexus sales told me toyota dont believe in turbo engine. they are strong believer of NA engine because they last longer. then i asked why IS and RX now into turbo engine and harrier too. the reply is toyota then realised they made a mistake so they going back to NA for new models. i scratch my head

• Praise 3

Hi Heman,

So far, no SEs impress me on tech but must say PA for Audi quite pro ... but then they also have jockey to drive and send back test drive car and not by themselves.

I am seriously considering to have 2nd career after retirement to cater for less informed older folks who have cpf $ .. keke !

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 1

It is true that Toyota doesn't believe in turbo. The last turbo is Caldina GT.

Toyota bet on petrol hybrid technology since 1997. There is even fuel cell hybrid in Toyota Mirai.

Why Toyota goes back to turbo?

Europe.

European is addicted to low RPM high torque German cars.

Toyota hybrid doesn't sell well in Europe as compared to US of A.

Can I go interview at BM for SE position?

• Praise 1

It is true that Toyota doesn't believe in turbo. The last turbo is Caldina GT.

Toyota bet on petrol hybrid technology since 1997. There is even fuel cell hybrid in Toyota Mirai.

Why Toyota goes back to turbo?

Europe.

European is addicted to low RPM high torque German cars.

Toyota hybrid doesn't sell well in Europe as compared to US of A.

Can I go interview at BM for SE position?

You sound more convincing although I don't know if you are smoking me or not but I buy the explanation unlike his .
↡ Advertisement