2019 Toyota RAV4

DACH

Supersonic
2 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Yes the RAV4 is a better proposition. 

Or you could wait for the incoming harrier.

Personally best deal now are the Volvo XC 40 and the outgoing Harrier. Both can do hard bargaining to get the best deal. 

RAV4 can still wait for better promo in the future. 

Would suggest test driving the RAV4. Request for a longer route to really test the engine to see if you are OK with the power weight ratio. As for the CVT, you wont be disappointed. Its way better than any other mass-market model CVT in the market.  

Altis also using CVT, same like RAV 4 right? But altis CVT doesnt feel like driving a CVT car.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
2 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Yes i was surprised too when i saw the promo message.

Harrier is $126K. 

CHR surprisingly same price as RAV4. About $115K also. 

Now is the good time to go in for good bargains. If willing to wait, even better bargains are coming! 

Could be due to the CB, thats why they have good bargains, if not dont think they would priced their cars low. Unless there is a brand new model coming in, then they would have promo for their outgoing old model. For RAV4, this is consider still a fairly new model.

Supercharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Altis also using CVT, same like RAV 4 right? But altis CVT doesnt feel like driving a CVT car.

Altis 1.6l uses the traditional CVT.

Only RAV4 New 2.0l engine comes with the new DS-CVT.

10 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Yes i was surprised too when i saw the promo message.

Harrier is $126K. 

CHR surprisingly same price as RAV4. About $115K also. 

Now is the good time to go in for good bargains. If willing to wait, even better bargains are coming! 

Received a promotion email from BM this morning. Apparently the pricing you mentioned is no more. Now it's back to the old pricing of $127,888 and $139,888 for the RAV4 and Harrier respectively. So gimmicky.

Mabbe they received a high number of orders for the online auction which just ended.

12 hours ago, inlinesix said:

how to move off with CVT

I can understand basic Cantonese. But Cantonese with technical jargons gives me headache. Lol

11 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Yes the RAV4 is a better proposition. 

Or you could wait for the incoming harrier.

Personally best deal now are the Volvo XC 40 and the outgoing Harrier. Both can do hard bargaining to get the best deal. 

RAV4 can still wait for better promo in the future. 

Would suggest test driving the RAV4. Request for a longer route to really test the engine to see if you are OK with the power weight ratio. As for the CVT, you wont be disappointed. Its way better than any other mass-market model CVT in the market.  

At $139K for guaranteed COE, the XC40 is not exactly cheap. But I suppose it should be retailing at much higher levels previously.

Supersonic
1 hour ago, firefly20 said:

Received a promotion email from BM this morning. Apparently the pricing you mentioned is no more. Now it's back to the old pricing of $127,888 and $139,888 for the RAV4 and Harrier respectively. So gimmicky.

Mabbe they received a high number of orders for the online auction which just ended.

Such pricing usually only for a very limited units, also i would think there would be some terms and conditions if they sell you at such low price. BM would not be so good selling their cars at so much lower price and yet no special terms and conditions.

9 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

comparing the RAV4 vs the BMW2GT...anyone test drove back to back and see which is a better drive? Prices are not that far off I think...

both offer loads of space and i suspect the pulling trigger could be the drive/engine performance....and a little depends on the wallet...[:p]

just wondering if anyone test drove both....i might go see after CB..

One's a 7 seater MPV, and the other's a compact 5 seater SUV. 

Very different driving characteristics and comfort levels.  

You've just gotta drive both and see which you prefer. 

1 hour ago, firefly20 said:

Chey. Didn't know it was such a limited time offer. So gimmicky. 

Supersonic
9 hours ago, Spidey10 said:

comparing the RAV4 vs the BMW2GT...anyone test drove back to back and see which is a better drive? Prices are not that far off I think...

both offer loads of space and i suspect the pulling trigger could be the drive/engine performance....and a little depends on the wallet...[:p]

just wondering if anyone test drove both....i might go see after CB..

RAV4 iss priced at $127k and BMW2GT is priced at $147k, prices consider quite a lot le.

Supercharged
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 10:22 PM, noobcarbuyer said:

One's a 7 seater MPV, and the other's a compact 5 seater SUV. 

Very different driving characteristics and comfort levels.  

You've just gotta drive both and see which you prefer. 

yes, planning after CB ….[:p]. Let's see, i need the space though..

Supercharged
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 10:33 PM, 13177 said:

RAV4 iss priced at $127k and BMW2GT is priced at $147k, prices consider quite a lot le.

I thot I saw 2GT at 129k...but will check it out after CB. I am sure probably around that price of 120 ish after all the trade ins...

20 minutes ago, Canboleh said:

Don't see that many 2019 Rav 4 on the roads other than my colleague's RAV 4. Why is this so?

Maybe price too ex?