2019 Toyota RAV4

DACH

(edited)
On 11/27/2020 at 9:12 PM, Buffy said:

C5, Tucson, CRV, Q3 sports back, E-Pace, RAV4, KICKS, CX-5, MG, Vitara

@Stratovarius 

2 months back went down talk to both mazda & toyota. price difference was only about 3-4k after negotiation (with trade-in), cx5 luxury vs rav4. met 3 different Borneo sales person, only 1 gave me a good deal.

Mazda, the price on SGCARMART is after discount, for Rav4 the sgcarmart price is before discount. Mazda can't negotiate, they will not budge on warranty and servicing.

Toyota 5 year warranty + 3 servicing no need negotiate (but they also declined 5 year warranty). Mazda 3 year warranty + 1 year servicing. OMV of rav4 also higher than CX-5 lux by 6k.

hope that helps

@Kopickosong

Heard Consumer Reports not accurate for our market. Both my workshop and wheel shop share that Mazda reliability here is ok but not great. Subaru, well known for poor reliability and expensive parts.

@Toeknee_33

Agree. CX-5 looks great outside and inside. Drive is better for sure. Boot is way too small, smaller than vezel i think. back row leg room is ok but the centre seat is encroached by the aircon vent thing. Space-wise CX-5 for a family loses to the Vezel in my book and for sure lose to Rav4. Dated engine and entertainment unit. Also new version coming out soon or out in other markets already. New Vezel vs CX-5 will be interesting.

@Watwheels

Yeah OMV on forester is way too low for the price they asking. Some1 here or other forum said alot their tech & gadgets are locally fitted so not reflected in OMV, but that also means not reflected in ARF.

Edited by bovi
trying to @ username
  • Praise 4

Supersonic
On 5/6/2021 at 5:43 PM, Stratovarius said:

With all the debate here, I went to look at the price of the rav4. Is borneo seriously selling it at 160k? 

This rav4 all the while is overpriced even during the low coe and until the current high coe?!

@bovi 

Good to know they probably came to the realisation that at that price they won't be moving many units; hardly see any on the roads in any case today. But yours was with trade in, which does complicate things a little. Would be good to compare prices without any trade in

On the CX5 warranty and servicing - you can negotiate for 5 years warranty and servicing. I know this first hand as my friend just rolled one out last month. If you're genuinely interested to get one, I'll pass on the contact of the SE. 

Vezel and CX5 space - nah Vezel is not larger than the CX5, be it cabin or boot space. On boot space. the information is easily searchable even if you don't have both side by side to compare. And physically, I can also confirm it isn't having checked out and sat in both (two friends who own both). 

But to be frank, Vezel isn't even in the same category as the RAV 4 or CX5. So its really comparing apples to oranges. The refinement and interior of the Vezel vs both of them, is a long way off I'm afraid. Maybe the newer one would be different, lets see. But even then, I still don't think it'd sit in the same category.

Dated engine but drives better? That's known as refinement after iterations my friend. In engineering be it hardware or software, new is not always better, especially in their early iterations. The Rav4's engine might be "new", but I seriously struggle to call it refined tbh. In any case, I think its quite well covered in other car reviews anyway. 

Dated entertainment unit - I think you might be referring to Rav 4's. 🙂  But it is true that the CX5 is "dated" if compared to the newer Mazda lineup (Mz3 and cx30) which is one generation ahead. (although the newer ones don't do touchscreen anymore ) But if you line it up with Rav 4's, I'm not entirely sure you'd find many that would say Rav 4 is more "advanced". Toyotas in Singapore and Malaysia aren't ever known for "advanced" entertainment units. Whenever I get into my FIL's Camry, I'd always look at the entertainment unit and thought to myself, if they put in some effort on not doing such a crap job with it, I'd probably have bought one. Even for the upscale harrier - objectively, it looks like crap.  https://www.wapcar.my/news/not-just-malaysia-even-singapore’s-toyota-harrier-uses-a-cheaper-infotainment-here’s-why-27436

The real contender would be the new Tucson, which is right around the corner for Singapore. Definitely very interested to see how its priced here and the features they do decide to roll out here. Going by the Avante feature set, am optimistic they're not going to "cheap out". 

• Praise 2

(edited)

@Kopickosong

ty for the offer to pass Mazda SE contact though it's no longer on my shortlist. Space doesn't meet my needs. Mazda's offer was also on condition of trade-in so I think comparing trade-in offer is fair. 3-4k difference between cx5 & rav4 is compelling. Good to know your friend was able to nego a 5+5 from a 3 + 1... very impressive.... need to learn tips from him.

pre-2021 Vezel, boot is 448l, cx5 is 442. but CX5's boot is less usable to my eye. And rear passenger space Vezel is better. New 2021 Vezel looks a beaut. Honda somehow is able to find more interior space in their SUVs vs what you see on the exterior. 

Rav4 entertainment unit has been updated from the piss poor one they made available at launch. Though no 360 camera & only wired Carplay & AA. bigger screen than cx5. 2021 Vezel's looks good.

Agree on the upcoming Tuscon but OMV much higher than previous version, SE told me additional 20K OMV. expected price 150k+ and that was at 40k COE time. It's gonna be petrol Harrier price at least. Wonder if the Tuscon will have a hybrid version, that would be great. Ioniq5 their EV suv is stellar looking as well. Komoco doesn't offer any discount if you trade-in. That's not good for some1 with an old car but great for 1st time owners. If they offer 7 + 7 warranty servicing at launch... thumbs up!

Edited by bovi
  • Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Those dumb faxk from BM finally bringing in hybrid version of RAV4, 3 years too late, now people are moving to full EV. LMAO.

Edited by Car1990
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 1/31/2022 at 12:51 AM, Car1990 said:

Those dumb faxk from BM finally bringing in hybrid version of RAV4, 3 years too late, now people are moving to full EV. LMAO.

ya they're quite slow. Hopefully the interior specs are better than the PIs. I think i will still buy it in April when it comes out

On 1/31/2022 at 12:51 AM, Car1990 said:

BM always sell “old school” toyota car model de. 😂

• Haha! 2

anyone Interested DM me. bought 6 May 2022 with receipt for $350, willing to let go at $200 Brembo slotted rear rotors for Lexus ES or UX and also Toyota C-HR or Rav 4. selling as wanna change to others.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

↡ Advertisement