What “Sports Sedan” for 150-170k?

Mkl22

In summary:

1) Are you a brand snob ? If yes, don't buy Stinger

2) Do you intend to drive the car for 10years? If no, don't buy Stinger

If you look into the numbers, point 2 is not really true.

Per below link by posted by one of the MCF folks, a 6yo BMW 435 is going for $18k depreciation. 435 is roughly equivalent to 440 today, which is going for $25k depreciation. So on a COE equalised basis, the implied loss is $7k pa.

If you look at the Wrx, which has a lower entry point of $13.8k, most of the resale asking is between $12-13k. Will be a similar dynamic to the Stinger I suspect.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=726572&DL=1242

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

dun say ah, 2008-2009 can buy a used air-cooled Porsche for 10-12k p/yr depre lo. those days are long long gone. 

ya lor. i saw 2 units advertised for  6k/yr.

• Praise 1

Per below link by posted by one of the MCF folks, a 6yo BMW 435 is going for $18k depreciation. 435 is roughly equivalent to 440 today, which is going for $25k depreciation. So on a COE equalised basis, the implied loss is $7k pa.

If you look at the Wrx, which has a lower entry point of $13.8k, most of the resale asking is between $12-13k. Will be a similar dynamic to the Stinger I suspect.

Manual 435i :wub:  [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

Exactly. So whoever is saying that BMW, Merc or whichever car has better resale value, I think it may not be the case.

If better resale value means easier to get buyers, then yes.

But the nett amount lost when u actually get a buyer, may be more than a car with "lousy" resale value.

Like what u pointed out. 7k per annum.

• Praise 1

Merc CLA200 or CLA250?

sorry if this has been discussed before

There's a Mercedes thread for u bro.

CLA not within TS consideration here.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

In summary:

1) Are you a brand snob ? If yes, don't buy Stinger

2) Do you intend to drive the car for 10years? If no, don't buy Stinger

Good resale value don't really hold true.. Car dealers will always find something to screw u.

Are u really looking for that tokong tokong performance in SG, it a 'good enough' one?

I drive the Jag for a year now. It still stands out among the Merc and Lexus in my carpark.

Sometimes outside also turns heads and even my boss told me to take his car when we go out with company senior management cos it's badge flashy.

Feels good driving to events with relatives too

Stinger to me has the upgraded ah beng feel.. no offence meant to the folks that love it.

That 435GC is slightly more than 3 years old.

Because it is 3L ILsex, that's why 1st owner took additional hit of 7k/annum.

At TS budget, i would rather take 4GC than Stinger/Giulia.

dun say ah, 2008-2009 can buy a used air-cooled Porsche for 10-12k p/yr depre lo. those days are long long gone. 

Ya when GTR just launched only 200k plus only.. at that point of time 200k for GTR seems expensive compared to Evo and WRX... Now if 200k for new GTR I think will immediate sold out.. Ridiculously, used 2008-2009 Civic Type R now selling at 16k-18k deprecation when bought new was only 8k depreciation. Sg the only unique country for cars to be sold like wine due to COE FLUCTUATION...

Alfa new showroom at lengkee

Ya when GTR just launched only 200k plus only.. at that point of time 200k for GTR seems expensive compared to Evo and WRX... Now if 200k for new GTR I think will immediate sold out.. Ridiculously, used 2008-2009 Civic Type R now selling at 16k-18k deprecation when bought new was only 8k depreciation. Sg the only unique country for cars to be sold like wine due to COE FLUCTUATION...

Fd2r get the Coe renewed ones lo, bout 10k depre

6 April another one, suppose to be for Medical Professionals.

As an ex buyer of a new 159 from them, I'm surprised I'm not invited for the launch.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

As an ex buyer of a new 159 from them, I'm surprised I'm not invited for the launch.

ð¡

Stinger 1 Giulia 0

Grampa must be ses not high enough.
↡ Advertisement