COE Bidding – 1st Round of April 2018

Carbon82

Which coming models are worth looking at?

dunno if these can be considered worth looking at but for me, i'm waiting for volvo s60 and peugeot 508.  In comparison to passat, insignia and superb

↡ Advertisement

Although uber merged with grab, but i still see brand new car registered as PHV le. The other day saw one SLX honda shuttle PHV.

There must be a lot of people applying to be become uber or grab driver. Friend's friend applied more than 3 months ago, still not able to take test yet.

• Praise 1

The coming Car Expo may generate interest to more new buyers if the deals are good and not necessarily with new models.

How many cars is LCR selling now?

A quick check at SGCarmart; there are about 200 Vezel for sale. Mostly between 2015 to 2017. Though not all are PHV, but still quite substantial. Wondering why selling only after 2 - 3 years? Based on waiting time to get licence; seems like a lot of people joining; should be able to absorb left over cars. But seems like they are still buying new cars. Anyway, their numbers should not affect COE to go up.     

Supersonic

A quick check at SGCarmart; there are about 200 Vezel for sale. Mostly between 2015 to 2017. Though not all are PHV, but still quite substantial. Wondering why selling only after 2 - 3 years? Based on waiting time to get licence; seems like a lot of people joining; should be able to absorb left over cars. But seems like they are still buying new cars. Anyway, their numbers should not affect COE to go up.     

Funny is they are selling those PHV and yet still continue to buy in brand new PHV, although the number not as many as last time.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Funny is they are selling those PHV and yet still continue to buy in brand new PHV, although the number not as many as last time.

New cars to attract new drivers. Some are owned by drivers themselves.

PHVs are here to stay ...... its volume depend on demand.

Edited by Pocy

Supersonic

Good that PHVs are here to stay la. The cars that they are selling already consider quite new liao and yet they still want brand new cars to attract new drivers. Lol.

Supersonic

Some are actually owners who want to drive private hire for part time. 

Low demand on second day.

BIDDING STATUS AS AT 03/04/2018 11:00:32.00 HRS
Category Current COE Price ($) Quota Bids Received
A CAR UP TO 1600CC & 97KW 1 1,566 11
B CAR ABOVE 1600CC OR 97KW 1 1,389 11
C GOODS VEHICLE & BUS 1 292 0
D MOTORCYCLE 1 516 59
E OPEN-ALL EXCEPT MOTORCYCLE 1 612 1

Good that PHVs are here to stay la. The cars that they are selling already consider quite new liao and yet they still want brand new cars to attract new drivers. Lol.

i heard even those 2 yo phv cars can have mileage as high as 250 000km on its odo.....250 000! Can prepare for major reno works liao!

Supersonic

i heard even those 2 yo phv cars can have mileage as high as 250 000km on its odo.....250 000! Can prepare for major reno works liao!

If the car is well maintain, even mileage high also ok de.

even well-maintained parts like cam valley o rings, suspensions and others have a shelf-life. Most need to be changed due to wear and tear eventhough engine can be in good condition.

There are about 160K of car owners with vehicles more than 9 years old. This is a large pent-up demand for new cars. They are on the sideline waiting to jump in once the car prices go down by more than 10K. This amount should offset the PARF that they have forfeited when revalidated the COEs. AD are aware of this demand and has not lowered the prices by a lot, but just sufficient to keep the monthly quota going. So any drop in COE price will only increase the profit margin of the AD. Basic market forces; high demand with flat supply, prices go up!

• Praise 2

even well-maintained parts like cam valley o rings, suspensions and others have a shelf-life. Most need to be changed due to wear and tear eventhough engine can be in good condition.

Isn't well maintain means all worn parts have been changed? Changing of wear & tear parts are considered preventive maintenance so well maintain encompass all maintenance??

Isn't well maintain means all worn parts have been changed? Changing of wear & tear parts are considered preventive maintenance so well maintain encompass all maintenance??

phv lei....i dont think they will want to waste resource on these parts! I wont, if i am in-charge of maintenance knowing full well these cars are going to be sold off! If own private car it just make sense to do likewise.....phv are just rentals vehicle!

There are about 160K of car owners with vehicles more than 9 years old. This is a large pent-up demand for new cars. They are on the sideline waiting to jump in once the car prices go down by more than 10K. This amount should offset the PARF that they have forfeited when revalidated the COEs. AD are aware of this demand and has not lowered the prices by a lot, but just sufficient to keep the monthly quota going. So any drop in COE price will only increase the profit margin of the AD. Basic market forces; high demand with flat supply, prices go up!

many of these 9 yo cars are bought during the coe cheap era......many are waiting to renew.

Turbocharged

phv lei....i dont think they will want to waste resource on these parts! I wont, if i am in-charge of maintenance knowing full well these cars are going to be sold off! If own private car it just make sense to do likewise.....phv are just rentals vehicle!

many of these 9 yo cars are bought during the coe cheap era......many are waiting to renew.

not only cheap coe also low down payment. Now is different need 30/40% down payment

Turbocharged

nowadays cars are made to last 3 yrs maintenance free and 10 years to scrap. 5 years onward, visit workshop more often.

a car has thousands of parts. you changed some, the new and old will also give you problems. nothing beats a brand new lah. 

↡ Advertisement