Batch Vehicle Approval

MadDog70

Recently booked a new ride, it took several times (2 months) before the Euro 6 emission test passes.

Now the next step is "Batch Vehicle Approval" test.

Anyone can advise what is this?

Cheers!

↡ Advertisement

Basically, that is when the car gets towed into an inspection centre where the car is examined versus the model, options, accessories, vin code engine code etc that is declared during the import and lta submission process. When I did it, the paperwork takes 6 weeks after form submission to receiving notification to have the car towed for inspection. Approval comes a day or two later in the form of a vitas approval or something like that. With that you can register the car provided u have everything else such as coe, insurance etc.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Recently booked a new ride, it took several times (2 months) before the Euro 6 emission test passes.

Now the next step is "Batch Vehicle Approval" test.

Anyone can advise what is this?

Cheers!

Should be P.I. Car,correct.?

Basically, that is when the car gets towed into an inspection centre where the car is examined versus the model, options, accessories, vin code engine code etc that is declared during the import and lta submission process. When I did it, the paperwork takes 6 weeks after form submission to receiving notification to have the car towed for inspection. Approval comes a day or two later in the form of a vitas approval or something like that. With that you can register the car provided u have everything else such as coe, insurance etc.

6 weeks process?  That's crazy.

Should be P.I. Car,correct.?

You are right!

Twincharged

Hoped you bought your P.I. Car from Big P.I. Dealers,Some small P.I. "may" used this delay as an excuse,by the time 2 months over,close shop already. [bigcry]  [furious]

Hoped you bought your P.I. Car from Big P.I. Dealers,Some small P.I. "may" used this delay as an excuse,by the time 2 months over,close shop already. [bigcry]  [furious]

Fingers Crossed bro.

I reckon the paperwork was done, the dealer told me the car is in Vicom (or rather LTA) standby now, it should not take more than a week to go through right?

Nope. It took me six weeks. Reason is that every pi car need to go thru the process. Ad only need to submit once for one sample car. After than no need. Just imagine every month how many pi cars get registered. There is a long q

↡ Advertisement