Interesting concept car designs

shawncjh

(edited)

For research purposes, what are your favorite concept car designs you've seen in the recent years?  [laugh]

Mine is definitely the BMW Vision Next 100, just because it looks sick as hell.

post-198960-0-16882700-1522811241_thumb.jpg

Edited by shawncjh
↡ Advertisement

Another one of my favs, the AMG Vision GT. The one that appeared in Justice League when Bruce Wayne recruited Barry Allen.

post-198960-0-80075400-1522814307_thumb.jpg

Supersonic

Another one of my favs, the AMG Vision GT. The one that appeared in Justice League when Bruce Wayne recruited Barry Allen.

post-195148-0-32633500-1522821694_thumb.png

• Praise 1

No big deal. Audi already had this in I, Robot the movie. :D

For research purposes, what are your favorite concept car designs you've seen in the recent years?  [laugh]

Mine is definitely the BMW Vision Next 100, just because it looks sick as hell.

Supersonic
Audi’s e-tron Vision GT is an 815bhp electric racecar

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/concept/audis-e-tron-vision-gt-815bhp-electric-racecar

Good news, Audi fans! It’s taken five years - and 27 cars – but the folks from Ingolstadt have finally joined the Vision GT concept car party with this, the Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo.

And what a way to introduce yourself. This muscular, fully electric, high-downforce racing coupe doesn’t just live in a world of pixels, but also reality. Yep, where this mushy concoction would normally be left to run solely around the pixelated fantasy land of Gran Turismo, Audi has only gone and made the thing.

It’s been built as a one-off running prototype set to make appearances at upcoming rounds of Formula E as an 815bhp trouser-browning taxi to show people that there’s fun to be had in electric. Yee-haw.

Put simply, the e-tron Vision GT is what happens when you put one of Audi’s ultra-iconic 90 IMSA GTOs from 1989 and its latest Formula E electric tech into a blender.

Powering the futuristic racer are three 220kW electric motors good for a combined output of 815bhp. Which, given it weighs 1,450kg, equates to a punchy power-to-weight ratio of 562bhp per tonne and 0-62 sprint of 2.5secs thanks to a specially developed Quattro four-wheel drive system.

Like its ‘GTO’ forefather, this four-wheel-drive system is pretty slick to provide silly levels of performance. Drive is variable and shuffled between the front and rear axles as well as individually between the rear wheels, meaning crazy traction out of corners.

The Audi e-tron joins a long, long list of concept cars created virtually for racing in the Gran Turismo sim series. The project started five years ago as a nice way to bulk out the game’s car roster, but has ended up being a very good way for carmakers to loosen their ties and show off cars that might be too lengthy or complex to craft for real.

a182664_large.jpg?itok=Tiak21ct

a182662_large.jpg?itok=c-kQWsn6

a182658_large.jpg?itok=qN-K-zcv

a182661_large.jpg?itok=PRm9Qgn0

a182669_large.jpg?itok=okIH3PMy

a182665_large.jpg?itok=8NmyEYHd

a182654_large.jpg?itok=cKlZ3q3P

a182647_large.jpg?itok=yjJ07erw

a182648_large.jpg?itok=NDqYn5Q_

a182649_large.jpg?itok=X9Wkce_4

a182650_large.jpg?itok=mwGz9VBL

a182655_large.jpg?itok=UKBd8brZ