Thyroid

Theoldjaffa

1 hour ago, Ender said:

I am the first one in the family to kenna this. Now I don't run, brisk walking only.

Thanks for the helpful advices and things to watch out for. I guess this is the initial phase, no temper, and appetite the same.Most drastic changes are the heart palpitation and suddenly one day cannot run,  i.e. 1km into the run already heh heh chuan even at what used to be easy pace.

These symptoms can vary. Monitor your weight and if you see yourself losing weight, let your doc know. You may also feel more tired and lethargic during the evening. 

sounds like you caught it early so you should be good! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, Ender said:

I am the first one in the family to kenna this. Now I don't run, brisk walking only.

Thanks for the helpful advices and things to watch out for. I guess this is the initial phase, no temper, and appetite the same.Most drastic changes are the heart palpitation and suddenly one day cannot run,  i.e. 1km into the run already heh heh chuan even at what used to be easy pace.

How long ago was your 2nd vaccine jab?

13 hours ago, Ender said:

Just diagnosed with high level of thyroid today. More than a month I can't run, only can do brisk walking and with heart palpitation. Will be on carbmimazole for 6 weeks before a review.

What can be the cause, why suddenly I have this? The doc couldn't tell me,  and say that it happens.  I a wonderin if is it run too much, diet not right, not enough sleep? 

Thyroid is mostly about luck.

In fact i feel that luckily u r fit, if not might be more worse after ur thyroid problem emerged.

Brisk walk is a good exercise, i do that a lot too, take care bro.

• Praise 1

18 hours ago, Ender said:

Just diagnosed with high level of thyroid today. More than a month I can't run, only can do brisk walking and with heart palpitation. Will be on carbmimazole for 6 weeks before a review.

What can be the cause, why suddenly I have this? The doc couldn't tell me,  and say that it happens.  I a wonderin if is it run too much, diet not right, not enough sleep? 

Take care man! it is tough for runner not to run. I experienced it when i gone through my knee injury.

i believe there are medication can suppress the levels. Could it be diet too much seafood or those food contain iodine?

On a positive note your metabolic rate will be high and u will remain slim.

• Praise 1

5 hours ago, Giordanogavin said:

Take care man! it is tough for runner not to run. I experienced it when i gone through my knee injury.

i believe there are medication can suppress the levels. Could it be diet too much seafood or those food contain iodine?

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

@Ender, take care. 

Thanks guys.. Just hope to recover and run again.

• Praise 3

Hi all, read all the posting. I was also diagnosed with Graves Disease early this year. Also read many articles pertaining to SARS Cov 2 infection and its effects on the Thyroid. Some also developed GD after taking the Covid mRNA vaccine. Possible to share with me if we have the same situation, whether you took the mRNA Covid vaccine? Would worsen the GD? Thanks for sharing      

On 11/13/2021 at 12:39 PM, Giordanogavin said:

Not many can understand. When I cannot run anymore most colleagues were so happy for me :XD:

21 hours ago, kiwirainie666 said:

Hi all, read all the posting. I was also diagnosed with Graves Disease early this year. Also read many articles pertaining to SARS Cov 2 infection and its effects on the Thyroid. Some also developed GD after taking the Covid mRNA vaccine. Possible to share with me if we have the same situation, whether you took the mRNA Covid vaccine? Would worsen the GD? Thanks for sharing      

I've come across a few articles and stories on mRNA inducing inflammation on old injuries.

I wouldn't be surprise it'll flare up some existing health issues.

• Shocked 1

On 11/12/2021 at 8:35 PM, Ender said:

Did doctor said can it be cure and recover? Think now you just have to take it easy, take your medicine and see how things goes.

• Praise 1

when my wife got it, she didnt know what's happening, only that she was hungry all the time. knn, i keep kenna dragged by her to supper until i became damn fat but she was getting slimmer.  like not a bad disease to have leh.  But after faithfully on medication she was cured and no more relapse. 

for her, it was stress triggered. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1