Thyroid

Theoldjaffa

found it......bakawali. will give out sweet smell at night......can be very eerie!

Bloom only like midnight and sweet fragrance. Dunno if this can also block our resident undertaker @Radx
↡ Advertisement

he now very busy lar.....got personal flower oredy....ððð. Just hope he dont forget to collect back his subordinates tomorrow.....ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£

the flower is famous for giving out a sweet fragrance at night....so the malays and indonesians like to associate it with the other 'sweet' and 'pretty' beings....

I still recruiting

Tmr i pager u b4 I go home k?

Hahhah

I still recruiting

Tmr i pager u b4 I go home k?

Hahhah

wah.....down below still use pager har? You neber tell starhub and singtel to venture there? New market for 4g connection just for the 4g leaders....haaaaaa

Turbocharged

Is there any food to avoid in additions to the med?

Just diagnosed with this.. at first I thought jialat tio early Parkinson's.. my hands and legs are shaking..😅

7 hours ago, Solar said:

Is there any food to avoid in additions to the med?

Just diagnosed with this.. at first I thought jialat tio early Parkinson's.. my hands and legs are shaking..😅

So jialat until hands and legs shaking!  Mine was just right hand, very noticeable during mealtimes when my spoonful of food would be shaking its way to my mouth. Resorted to bending down to shovel food into mouth. 

Also thought was Parkinson, went to see neurologist who did thorough examinations & electrical nerve conduction tests.  Blood tests showed high thyroid levels.  Nearly cried with relief that I've got the lesser of 2 evils. 

Refered to endocrinologist for meds. Need to abstain from shellfish, crustaceans & seaweed.  

• Praise 1

On 9/8/2018 at 8:18 AM, Pocy said:

Someone try this (drink water boiled with flower) and it helps to control condition

post-170514-0-47416100-1536365631_thumb.jpeg

Just rad through the thread and saw this.

This flower also called 曇花 as in  曇花一現  as it blooms only at night and last for a few hours supposedly, thus coining the verb. At home I have 2 pots. Really nice smell when bloom. Used to eagerly anticipate when the bulb got bigger and checking at night if bloom already haha.

While the thyroid condition is under control, eyes have been affected as well. 

I've just undergone one of a series of IV drip sessions today that's to be done over a few weeks.

So far no noticable improvement.. but get to experience the painful poking of needles on my forearm and back of my hand..

Later in the coming weeks for a complementary radiotherapy session to the eyes.. 

Hope it's all worth it. Crossing fingers 🙏

• Praise 3

Thanks to TS for the thread and bro Solar for the valuable info. 

The thread is indeed informative and silly me, thought this illness can only happen to female. 

Bro Watwheels' takes was also insightful. Cheers to good health to all. 

• Praise 2

Mine is Thyroid eye disease, said to be related to the thyroid condition Graves disease earlier on.

While it affects more female, males get this also. I didn't get a conclusive answer from the doc what causes it, but from their questions asked to me, I believe it can be generic or even stress. I don't have family history, so I think stress is a factor.

The body attacks the eye muscles such that it weakens and not able to move the eyeballs properly.. so a result, one eye move lesser than the other, causing double vision.

Eyeball and eye muscles also swell. Need to go for these treatments to stop the swelling or for my case, might press on the optic nerve and affect my vision further. The CT scan confirms that.

Some people delayed treatment and their eyes pop out like frog. Very scary. Mine isn't noticable.. Good thing I discovered early.. 🙏

• Praise 4

3 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

Wish you a quick recovery.

Haven't heard about this condition before. 

Thanks guys. Also not heard of until I got it. 长知识了

More info via Google

https://www.singhealth.com.sg/patient-care/patient-education/thyroid-eye-disease

What it don't tell u and u have to get via the doc during the one to one. It'll be taking calculated risks.. like the IV increase risks of diabetes and osteoporosis, and radiotherapy increasing getting cancer by about 1% at the spot that was radioed.

I went for it anyway. 🤞

• Praise 2

Health is indeed wealth

Have a few episodes of various conditions since beginning of this year...luckily nothing too critical...family doctor advised me to go run on the treadmill next year...no xmm to bio but only grumpy lao aunty nurse kind...sibeh sian 😁

• Haha! 3

6 hours ago, Solar said:

While the thyroid condition is under control, eyes have been affected as well. 

I've just undergone one of a series of IV drip sessions today that's to be done over a few weeks.

So far no noticable improvement.. but get to experience the painful poking of needles on my forearm and back of my hand..

Later in the coming weeks for a complementary radiotherapy session to the eyes.. 

Hope it's all worth it. Crossing fingers 🙏

this is intravenous steroids?

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Solar said:

Thanks guys. Also not heard of until I got it. 长知识了

More info via Google

https://www.singhealth.com.sg/patient-care/patient-education/thyroid-eye-disease

What it don't tell u and u have to get via the doc during the one to one. It'll be taking calculated risks.. like the IV increase risks of diabetes and osteoporosis, and radiotherapy increasing getting cancer by about 1% at the spot that was radioed.

I went for it anyway. 🤞

Honestly i never even heard of these type of treatments until your account. Cos though we see it, usually it is self limiting or reversing once the Grave's is under control

Hope everything works out for you!

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

16 hours ago, Lala81 said:

this is intravenous steroids?

Yes bro. The radio is recommended to add-on because they have seen good effects in earlier trials doing it with the IV.

One thing.. the radio isn't getting subsidized unlike the others. Cost about 3k the whole session.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3