Help Eric and his mounting cancer treatment costs

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

Paige Hui Fang is a personal friend of mine, my classmate back in secondary school. Her sister is also a junior of mine in my secondary school band and a close friend. Got to know that their older brother is currently battling cancer at the young age of 36. 

Every dollar helps. Every word of encouragement goes a long way to keeping the morale of their family high and strong.

A shoutout to Hui Fang here to stay positive and may your brother overcome this difficult period in his life!

post-107101-0-93079000-1523070007_thumb.jpg

A little background story of Hui Fang's brother and his fight against cancer.

I am Paige, and my only brother is fighting Stage 4 Bile Duct Cancer at age 36. The cancer has metastasized and has impaired his brain, lungs, stomach, bladder, spine and legs. He is currently bedridden due to a stroke, and has a morphine implant to help him ease the pain. His fight against cancer has been costly and his treatments have essentially wiped out his savings - he was the main breadwinner for his family and has an 8-year-old daughter. I wish to raise funds to help my brother and sister-in-law ease their financial worries with mounting costs as each day passes. 

His family will have to bear the five-digit palliative care costs, all his other inpatient and outpatient medical bills that are not covered by insurance. As his wife is his sole caregiver and unable to work at the moment, help is also needed for his mortgage, living expenses and his only daughter’s education.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc-TvGZF9K0

Giveasia Page:

https://give.asia/campaign/help-eric-and-his-mounting-treatment-costs-due-to-stage-4-bile-duct-cancer

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 18

Internal Moderator

Thought I should do an update that my friend's brother has passed away on 11th April. It also happens to be his only daughter, Claire's 8th birthday today. I hope little Claire will grow up knowing that her dad stayed till it was her birthday to celebrate it with her. Let the 11th of April be not of grief and sadness, but one filled with love from your late Dad.

Rest in peace Eric.

And Happy Birthday Claire.

Please keep Eric and his family in your prayers.

post-107101-0-61459800-1523456978_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

RIP Eric and may your family move on and be strong during this period and have you in their hearts and minds forever, God Bless!

• Praise 3

I wondreed in such a dire situation why no government agency step up to help.

This is a really sad case

But far from dire... there are really much much more jialat stories out there.. so i guess govt has to pick which to help

• Praise 1

RIP Eric.

His family should be able to get financial assistance if they really cannot afford to pay the bill...provided the bill are from gov hospitals.  

↡ Advertisement