Are there religion preference to enroll in a CHIJ school?

golden_eagle

Supersonic

Not sure what kind of response you been getting. Singapore moe primary schools are all national schools so purely based on moe enrollment rules, no discrimination allowed.

However Christian school will have prayers, pastoral care, chapel time etc. some people eyes wide open enrol Christian school, but then want to write in to opt out of these. School will allow, but I think it’s not good, and not good for the kid too.

Why not good for the kid?

↡ Advertisement

Great opportunity to teach diversity. Why everyone must be the same ?

Accepting diversity is different from being diverse. As a parent, I won't want to send my kid to a school indoctrinated with a different religion from what I practise. I think parents should exercise some common sense when choosing schools and not seek to enforce their wants on the school.
  • Praise 1

Bro, actually I would beg to differ. Brought up by buddhist parents and attended a catholic primary and secondary, never once had I felt marginalized or pressurized into taking up catholicism. But the bible stories and gospel sharing did rouse my interest in the religion though.

Because the child will feel excluded and isolated from the rest.

• Praise 1

Please don't think too much, just that a house I found interesting only has one CHIJ within 1km.

If no preference then ok.

Then just enrol her there since it is within 1 km.

You must be thinking too much to start this thread.

I think i was. Overanalyze is good. 

Then just enrol her there since it is within 1 km.

yeah that sounds like the logical way. 

• Praise 1

Bro, actually I would beg to differ. Brought up by buddhist parents and attended a catholic primary and secondary, never once had I felt marginalized or pressurized into taking up catholicism. But the bible stories and gospel sharing did rouse my interest in the religion though.

Without pointing any fingers here, i would say the catholics in singapore are not as evangelical as the christians of different denominations.

This is after attending alpha courses at catholic church, attending several churches (catholic and christian) with friends in my early 20s.

So i would expect attending a catholic school isn't really too uncomfortable for a free thinker/buddhist/taoist/hindu etc.

• Praise 1

Without pointing any fingers here, i would say the catholics in singapore are not as evangelical as the christians of different denominations.

This is after attending alpha courses at catholic church, attending several churches (catholic and christian) with friends in my early 20s.

So i would expect attending a catholic school isn't really too uncomfortable for a free thinker/buddhist/taoist/hindu etc.

I agree.

My daughter studys in a CHIJ school. Catholic students have to reach school early or stay back for weekly prayers so non catholic students are not affected.

Their mass is not very frequent usually on the first day of every school term during assembly. My girl usually day dreams during the mass

• Praise 1

Hi, any one from the Church of Adonitology :secret-laugh:

membership sign up

post-131345-0-10843200-1523688148_thumb.png

Edited by Staff69
↡ Advertisement