Lied to by a salesman at kia-motors and I need advice

Fictionaire

CnC seems to create a poor experience for its customers. I got to say Komoco do much better, no nonsense gimmicky deals and done with good service attitude. Personal experience. Keep this post alive. If Cnc is professional about their business dealings, there isn't a need to request the thread to be removed.

Edited by Heartbreakid
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

TS, You are getting too kind hearted. You should remain your stands until the matter is resolved.

Just want to remind you that you are paying your hard earned money on this stupid car, its not as if they are giving you this car free & act yaya on you. Know your basic rights as a consumer! 

I don't understand why should you care about their well being when they don't care a hoot about your concern?

• Praise 3

Twincharged

Hi bro

Happy to see you got your car in 3 days after coe is secured.

I donât think the GM is that person. To make things clear, he said he is overall in charge of Cycle and Carriage Fulco. And obviously there are higher bosses than him. To be fair to him, he canât make all the decisions without consulting the higher bosses.

Ah? Then why bother talking to him. Wasting time only. I will always tell them to get someone who can make decisions to call me. Else waste my saliva repeating.

Wow.. I would have demanded a full refund and look for another AD that better appreciates me. No one deserve such treatment especially when we are talking about items that cost in excess of $90k !

Full refund impossible la.

Let's be realistic.

Coe bidded liao

Ah? Then why bother talking to him. Wasting time only. I will always tell them to get someone who can make decisions to call me. Else waste my saliva repeating.

An overall in charge who can't make decision?

Twincharged

Let's be realistic.

Coe bidded liao

Cannot make decision and then call? Can only be an imposter!

Hey guys, I decided not to post anymore as a respect to Cycle and Carriage, so as to not make their lives and livelihood worse off.

But I felt I should be fair and update the forum members who have been very supportive. I appreciate all your comments, both the harsh ones and nice ones.

Sincerely, I am sorry to c&c but this will be my last post to all mcf-ers before I get my car. I think you guys deserve at least one more update.

Please. I am not trying to make anyone look bad, but this is genuinely my side of the story, my interpretation of the events that had happened recently.

So guys, this would be my last update before I get the car on the 20th or 23rd April. And after that, I will pull down this thread.

Be nice to Cycle and Carriage will you!

Here you go.

It is true what @ friendstar said. You only judge a company when shit happens and how they handle it.

To be honest, I don’t expect a huge compensation for the mistake they made. I don’t expect thousands of dollars compensation. I just don’t want that.

What I wanted was (i) an acknowledgment they made a mistake (ii) explain to me what happened (very important!!!) and if possible (iii) offer a (very) small token of compensation as a kind gesture to show me that they are serious about service recovery. That’s all!

Perhaps the link below will help them a lot. I really wish they would do better in future.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/micahsolomon/2017/10/15/bringing-upset-customers-around-best-practices-for-customer-service-recovery

And so the GM called me yesterday after I told my salesman that I felt insulted after they told me to pull down the post.

But before anything, I must admit that the GM is an eloquent but a bit of a glib talker. He is polite and nice. He is good explaining what went wrong. But I also felt that he took advantage of my weakness, my forgiving nature. Overall, kudos to him. He is very good, I must say. Sadly, he only knew about the situation yesterday, 12th of April. And this thing has been going on since 7th April.

The GM told me that he had a good talk with the salesman yesterday to try to understand the situation.

The salesman told the GM that he did not say that the “car would be removed immediately after COE is secured”.

I scoffed at that because I remembered vividly that my conversation with the salesman turned out this way.

“So when will the car be removed from the showroom?”

“Once COE is secured, Sir.”

“So do you think I should get the new car or just the display car? Which one has a faster processing time?”

“The display car, sir. because technically the car is already available. If you take a new car, it would take a longer time to register.”

$2000 is not much to me but because I was assured that the processing time for a display car would be faster than a “new” car, I opted for the display car instead. That was the ONLY logic/though that was in my mind when I signed the sales agreement.

So I guess it boils down to semantics; “Once COE is secured, Sir.”, technically, makes nobody wrong. It could be 4 weeks or even 1 day after COE is secured.

But the bottom line was, I chose the display car because I was told it would have a faster processing time. That was the impression I had in mind all the time.

So just imagine the shock I had that when the COE was secured on the 21st March, and the car was still on display on the 7th April, up till 9th April.

If someone had told me about this, I promise you I would be completely fine. The sad thing was that I had to find out myself. I suppose they think I wouldn’t be crazy enough to visit KIA Alexandra out of a sudden.

The GM told me that they received an email from KIA Alexandra on the 2nd April that the display car would be removed from the showroom after the Cars@Expo (i.e. 9th March). KIA Fulco knew about that but they did not update me. As a matter of fact, on 5th April, I asked the salesman if there were any updates. He said he will keep me posted after the meeting he would be having that afternoon. But he did not update me. Amidst the silence from him, on that fateful 7th April, I visited KIA Alexandra, the display car was THERE! Imagine the shock I had! *sigh lol*

The GM said the replacement showroom car was delayed and that’s why they couldn’t remove the display car out of the showroom. Well, fair enough. Definitely, I would try to be understanding and would have told them that I wouldn’t mind that.

But what I was bothered about was that why didn’t they inform me that the replacement showroom car was delayed? Why did I have to find that out myself?

Also, they knew they sold the car on 25th February and don’t tell me they can only find a replacement car 1.5 months later on 9th April? A bit odd you think?

The GM told me he couldn’t predict the COE prices and to be fair to him, he is correct. Again, at the very least, they should inform me once COE was secured on the 21st March that “Hi! We cannot get a replacement showroom car on time so we have to display your car for another 3 weeks. Are you fine with it?”

I would reply, “Ok, I would be totally fine with it.”

But did that happen? No. I had to find out myself that my car “wasn’t removed from the showroom once the COE was secured.” Very sad.

After highlighting that mistake to them, I had given them a chance to do a service recovery since I accused them for deceiving and misleading me. But nooooooo, what I got was, “We assure you that the car would be removed after this weekend Sir. Sorry for the inconvenience.     … and …. If you like the car to be in perfect condition sir, I would suggest to go for the new car purchase next time round instead of the display unit sir.” (I sense sarcasm, a veiled insult there. lol.)

Well, Mr Salesman. I bought the display car (not a new one) because I was promised an earlier registration.

But guys, if you don’t mind me boasting for a moment, ……. based on my bank balance, I can freaking afford a freaking KIA 3.3 V6 stinger paid in freaking cold freaking hard freaking cash. The extra $2000 is nothing to me.

*sorry, I apologise for the boast. Just too furious at his sarcasm now.*

The bottom line is that what matters to me are promises. Those are fragile and priceless. Promises have been broken time and time again.

The GM told me that he suspended the salesman for 2 weeks. WTF. Obviously, I felt so guilty because I didn’t want the salesman to get into trouble. I felt shitty, very shitty. ARGH!!!!

All the while, in this thread, I kept saying he is a professional person with a polite and kind attitude. I tried to protect him the best that I could but yet, at the same time, to be fair to me too, I could tell my side of the story as honestly as possible.

After telling me that he will ensure the car would be delivered on time in perfect condition, I told him we should move on. I am just too depressed over the salesman’s suspension and wanted to move on asap. ARGH!

But he was insistent. At the end of our conversation, he told me politely to pull down the post because his bosses were not happy. He said, (to the best of my memory),

“Ok Sir, I will do you a favor. You pull down the thread and I will reinstate the salesman’s suspension. I know that is what you want.”

I was like, in my head, “WOW. THANK YOU SO MUCH. You made me feel so shitty and guilty about myself and now you are going to do me a massive favor of reinstating the salesman’s suspension. Yes, you are doing me a favor! Thank you so much.”

But I responded to him, “ok I will pull down the thread after I receive the car.” He agreed to that and we put down the phone.

So that’s why I was silent about the whole situation after my last post, as a respect to Cycle and Carriage. I do not want to create any more trouble for them. I wanted the thread to slowly die off, and then I would delete it once I get my car.

And by the way, I am doing all these out of sheer goodwill. I didn’t have to delete anything. I believe I am not wrong here.

So far, I have gotten nothing but misery from Cycle and Carriage, and yet I have the heart to forgive them and even promised I will pull down this thread after I get my car. It was a promise made to the GM and he said ok.

But this morning, something sad happened again. The GM wanted to turn back on the agreement we had decided on yesterday. He said that his bosses wanted me to pull down the post asap. Obviously, I was not happy and I told him off.

attachicon.gifcycle and carriage kia 1.png

attachicon.gifcycle and carriage kia 2.png

attachicon.gifcycle and carriage kia 3.png

attachicon.gifcycle and carriage kia 4.png

attachicon.gifcycle and carriage kia 50.png

That’s all folks. I will update you once I get the car. And be nice to Cycle and Carriage. I am very sure they will do better next time. Give them a chance. My case is just a rare unfortunate one. Lol! Good luck to the rest of you!!!

This GM wannabe needs to go for more enrichment classes. sir sir sir. At least get the capitalization right.

Let's be realistic.

Coe bidded liao

Oppps.. The more I read the more focused i was on how anal is the AD and forget about his COE

Still.. I expect more from the AD in terms of compensation / car delivery.

Sigh! 

Edited by KoreanLover

The salesman told the GM that he did not say that the “car would be removed immediately after COE is secured”.

[thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup] 

speaks volume

• Praise 1

I dont know what to comment. you behaved like such a nice person;forgiving. wealthy. In the first place you shouldn't come to mcf to seek advise.

since you can afford stinger with cold hard cash...why bother about the 2k. why bother about the salesmen being suspended. something amiss here.

behave like a men. stand up for your right if feel unjust. don't say forgiving lah...pull down post, be nice to cnc...etc..

enough say.

Knn, limpeh read until here and standby popcorn liao...

Wanna pull down the thread...

Knn, limpeh read until here and standby popcorn liao...

Wanna pull down the thread...

Don't pull down lah...I haven't buy pop corn yet...still thinking what flavor to buy...

This tread may become tread of the month...keep going...screw those balls who's bad services deserve Betty white

Win liao.. They resort to such tactics to try to resolve...

Seriously, looking at the current situation, either one of the party should just initiate to call off the deal. It has gone to a level that this is a start a bad relationship between TS and CnC for many years to come. It will be painful especially for TS.

If CnC management is reading this, please take this advice and call this deal off, return the deposit to TS plus maybe a small token minus the COE deposit. Make sure TS is not short-changed. Invite him for a meet up and good lunch, and let him know politely that the deal is off. Learn from how Elon Musk of Tesla cancels the order of Stewart Alsop, search in Google. This will help you to uphold your company policies because from all the communications so far, you are not willing to do more for TS, which can be fine because you have your own considerations and point of views. But be fair to both TS and your organization who still need to function for other customers, and many of your people genuinely want to serve the customers. Management should be brave to take hard decisions, not hiding behind a GM and the salesperson!

TS should just take the COE and go to other dealers. There is no point still wanting the car from CnC because you can never be happy about it. Move on and get a better deal and treatment somewhere else.

• Praise 2

Should just post his name who speaks to you and what position did he said he was.

This is getting more interesting. [bounce1][bounce1]

Repost this in Stomp. Mothership. Fathership. FB.

EDMW, once it gets there.. Good luck have fun for fulco and c&c
↡ Advertisement