Lied to by a salesman at kia-motors and I need advice

Fictionaire

verbal agreement is also an agreement.

fulco will need to honour what they agree on. Be it from a salesman or whoever.

it will be good to take the matter to the upper management and to reach for an amicable solution.

all the best.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I didn't see the car before signing. I thought it was similar to the display car at fulco, very presentable.

the photos are below.

lol. I am not the type to blow up issues on social media. Just needed advice from experts in this forum. I am prepared to suck thumb honestly. Haha.

For stickers, can just use goo gone then polish and wax the car but I think they will do for you, no need worry.
  • Praise 1

I remember a similar complain on display or test drive car of Volvo. But this TS is a little better in taking in advice and explanation from forumers.

Don’t worry about the battery, the display cars are power by direct 12V DC power supply, usually you can see them below the display cars at Kia showroom. Anyway, battery has warranty, if spoil prematurely then you, get free replacement, good for you. I hoped my stock batt will fail before the warranty ends so that can get free replacement. Only thing is I noticed they turn on the front and tail lights of the display cars throughout the day. So the lifetime of the LED or bulbs could be shortened. Just make sure they are covered by warranty especially LED clusters, maybe you can get new lights in few years time, but I think the LEDs should be able to last very very Long.

Like other said, it has sat in the showroom for months, a few more weeks does not make a difference. Also, not under hot sun, think of it as a blessing rather than curse. Sun does more damage to cars than occasional crazy people do crazy stuff on display cars. Sticker marks, no problem, there are easy ways to remove them. No harm done. Maybe better with more stickers will protect the paint for the time it was in the showroom.

See, if you look at this from a different perspective, seems so much better.

Cheers!

• Praise 5

I remember a similar complain on display or test drive car of Volvo. But this TS is a little better in taking in advice and explanation from forumers.

Donât worry about the battery, the display cars are power by direct 12V DC power supply, usually you can see them below the display cars at Kia showroom. Anyway, battery has warranty, if spoil prematurely then you, get free replacement, good for you. I hoped my stock batt will fail before the warranty ends so that can get free replacement. Only thing is I noticed they turn on the front and tail lights of the display cars throughout the day. So the lifetime of the LED or bulbs could be shortened. Just make sure they are covered by warranty especially LED clusters, maybe you can get new lights in few years time, but I think the LEDs should be able to last very very Long.

Like other said, it has sat in the showroom for months, a few more weeks does not make a difference. Also, not under hot sun, think of it as a blessing rather than curse. Sun does more damage to cars than occasional crazy people do crazy stuff on display cars. Sticker marks, no problem, there are easy ways to remove them. No harm done. Maybe better with more stickers will protect the paint for the time it was in the showroom.

See, if you look at this from a different perspective, seems so much better.

Cheers!

Positive thinking. :)

Fictionaire, what is done cannot be undone already. My best advice is not to wreck your head over this. When you collect the car, just ensure that you do a thorough check to make sure everything is ok. Display car is not a big deal coz it is not really driven on the road. My advise is for you to at least insist they give you a new battery. If they still refuse, get the AD workshop to check the percentage left on your battery. If it is still full, then your car should be ok. Nevermind other forummers saying you are buying a second hand car, coz everyone who buys a "new" is in reality buying second hand (coz already driven by sales people n others while delivering to showroom) unless we are driving the car out of the factory ourselves.

• Praise 2

lol. i wasn't complaining about the condition of the car. i know what i am buying, a display car. Full of scratches, farts and feaces.

my main complaint is I was lied to by the salesperson. he said the car would be out of the showroom once coe is secured. but I just found out that c&c intentionally kept the car for an extra 3 weeks to be on display. I wasn't told about this at all.

instead of the typical 7-10 days registration after coe is secured (21st March), my salesman said it would be done on 20th April, one month after COE is secured. The delay is not justified and I doubt this is an ethical or standard practice.

You do not have to accept a car with scratches coz that is considered damage. The car that you receive should be like any new car and they cannot give you the excuse that just because you are buying a display car you have to tolerate damaged paintwork. You are not buying a toy, the car is worth more than 100k so you have to ensure they see to any damage to paintwork at no extra cost from you.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

I didn't see the car before signing. I thought it was similar to the display car at fulco, very presentable.

the photos are below.

lol. I am not the type to blow up issues on social media. Just needed advice from experts in this forum. I am prepared to suck thumb honestly. Haha.

Waitaminit.....u bought a display car from a different showroom that u did not see displayed?? Wow...

Btw, even for brand new past year manufacturing stock, ADs normally give discount anyway to clear old stock. So $2k discount on a displayed old stock isn’t exactly a ‘generous’ discount imho.

But look on the bright side, the car is parked in a sheltered a/c environment and given a daily wipe down and maybe a polish frequently to maintain the showroom shine. Better than collecting dust and acid rain, baked in the open sun at their holding yard in jurong

• Praise 1

The moment you signed the agreement, you should fence off the car and claimed it is legally yours and no one should touch it [laugh]

post-1109-0-96821500-1523144244_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

I am of the opinion that as long as nothing is written down, verbal promises don't mean anything. As long as C&C deliver the car by the agreed upon date (as per contract), there is no recourse.

As what LPPL said, most important thing now is to do a very thorough inspection during collection. Go through the car with a fine tooth comb. Take your time during the pre-delivery inspection. Find anything out of place, then that is your time to secure restitution. To ask for anything additional now that the contract is signed, is a futile effort. The SE is under no legal obligation to accede to anything outside of contract.

• Praise 1

TS u very farny leh....u sign contract at Ubi Fulco but display car physically at Alexandra. [confused] What made u wanna purchase the car for a measly 2k discount without even seeing it at the point of signing? is this your first time buying car?

• Praise 1

lol. i wasn't complaining about the condition of the car. i know what i am buying, a display car. Full of scratches, farts and feaces.

my main complaint is I was lied to by the salesperson. he said the car would be out of the showroom once coe is secured. but I just found out that c&c intentionally kept the car for an extra 3 weeks to be on display. I wasn't told about this at all.

instead of the typical 7-10 days registration after coe is secured (21st March), my salesman said it would be done on 20th April, one month after COE is secured. The delay is not justified and I doubt this is an ethical or standard practice.

Any paint work damage,they wil respray for you when collect.

Only the interior scratches will be headache if display in show room for too long.And kia interior plastic get scratches easily.Not those top dashboard cos those are normally soft plastic.I mean those hard plastic like door panel,door board area.Don't know whether they improve the plastic quality anot on their new car?Cos own the previous model caren,one step on the door board plastic into the third row seat already create scratches all over.

When collect,pay attention to those hard plastic area.

TS u very farny leh....u sign contract at Ubi Fulco but display car physically at Alexandra. [confused] What made u wanna purchase the car for a measly 2k discount without even seeing it at the point of signing? is this your first time buying car?

Most people buying new cars don't see the car they will get to drive anyway. Checking the car on collection is more important that seeing the car before signing the contract. Not forgetting ADs are bound by the lemon law.

If possible, forgo the 2k discount and insist on taking a new car from them instead.

Depends what is your definition of new. As some have mentioned, those cars parked outside of the showrooms could be in a worse off condition.

Given the loss of confidence, i also think it is better to forego the $2k discount and get a brand new car instead. Perhaps you had been too excited at the propect of getting your new car that you did not do due diligdnce on the discount given. $2k is too low for the compromise.

I think the REAL story could have gone like this:

- Fulco agrees to sell their showroom Carens, with the intent of indenting the latest 2108 model from C&C, to replace it in their showroom.

- Either C&C said no way, or the 2018 model showroom has not arrived yet

- So Fulco is stuck. If their showroom Carens is removed and sold, they will have nothing to display then ... theirs being a much smaller showroom, than C&C’s

- But since a sales deal has been struck, C&C agreed to sell off their showroom car (in Alexandra) instead.

- The KIA show room at Alexandra has an MSCP where they can show potential customers their other Carens (actual colors and all) parked up there, during the interim.

I know of ADs like Komoco, Tan Chong et al, who will bring potential buyers to their car parks, or workshop holding areas, to view cars that are not displayed in their showrooms.

And, if there is INDEED a showroom display car that has already been sold, most, if not all ADs, will lock up the car, to prevent prying hands and forced entries!

So what’s the fuss all about huh, TS?

↡ Advertisement