To Tune or Not To Tune?

Sarong1

DSP is the future of car audio.

The problem with DSP is its was damn expensive.

But now for the price of an amp you get an amp with a DSP inside free

No one will say no. They will just use it.

It was like when I first bought my handphone, I never asked if it had sms function inside or not. I never knew anything about sms.

After I got the phone since inside got sms I just use lah.

That's the same with DSP. If got free inside just use lah.

:grin: 

Last year a lot of Chinese manufacturers started making cheap DSP.

Because DSPs has been around many years the cheap DSPs have become very good.

For people that are serious about car audio starting out get a DSP with amp functions. Probably only 50 RMS X 4.

Good enough as a starter kit to power the speakers.

Then if want to upgrade get the DSP to power another full size amp.

Neutral Newbie
On 10/13/2018 at 7:28 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Kermit,

Understand .. and nobody can be more old school than me on eqpt still holding onto 3 units of >decade old alpine F1 H900 processor.

Point is the you can only do so much with old school TA to shift phase of entire audio spectrum .. these SWs on the other hand provides tool for you to have closer to infinite adjustment on phase over the audio spectrum for each driver ... similar situation of 0.1ms TA sensitivity of H900 compared to my other Helix dsp pro at 0.01ms or 10x resolution at just 3.5mm steps as we encountered recently right ?

New era and new available tools to hopefully simplify tuning for the masses and get 90% there and believe worth exploring especially for guys like you with already kungfu .. will be like you having the green dragon sword ..lol !

I need to put up my H900s for sale at ebay 😞

Cheers.

Richard

Finally i knew u had a Helix pro dsp after reading so much from all shifu here

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 10/13/2018 at 7:28 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Kermit,

Understand .. and nobody can be more old school than me on eqpt still holding onto 3 units of >decade old alpine F1 H900 processor.

Point is the you can only do so much with old school TA to shift phase of entire audio spectrum .. these SWs on the other hand provides tool for you to have closer to infinite adjustment on phase over the audio spectrum for each driver ... similar situation of 0.1ms TA sensitivity of H900 compared to my other Helix dsp pro at 0.01ms or 10x resolution at just 3.5mm steps as we encountered recently right ?

New era and new available tools to hopefully simplify tuning for the masses and get 90% there and believe worth exploring especially for guys like you with already kungfu .. will be like you having the green dragon sword ..lol !

I need to put up my H900s for sale at ebay 😞

Cheers.

Richard

I have two Helix G four amps and intend to use one amp for left component speaker and one amp for right component speaker running active.

One channel for left tweeter and one channel for left woofer on one amp and the other amp for the right component.

Anyone tried using one amp per side?

I was thinking is it worth the effort so that each amp just runs on half power so that it has maximum head room?

I will use another amp for the sub.

Any one tried this?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, Jamesc said:

I have two Helix G four amps and intend to use one amp for left component speaker and one amp for right component speaker running active.

One channel for left tweeter and one channel for left woofer on one amp and the other amp for the right component.

Anyone tried using one amp per side?

I was thinking is it worth the effort so that each amp just runs on half power so that it has maximum head room?

I will use another amp for the sub.

Any one tried this?

wow i think tat is a daring setup

• Haha! 1