Who uses night car wash services from HDB carpark

Freemen

Hopefully some members who uses their service before can give some feedback :)

You can opt for their one time service and try if it is good?!  [:p]

↡ Advertisement

I just downloaded the app...  the car wash is $10... and they have the weekly wash package at $28 (wash once a week).

Only curious is that will it be clean without water....

something like using those quick detailer/wax. Sometimes I use the Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer without washing also. quite a fast job. 

I tried, wasn't impressed. The guy used the same cloth to wipe BOTTOM UP so he basically wiped the sand and grime all over my car, told him nicely that he shld try to do top down but he ignored and continued. 

car was clean looking but could see some extra new fine scratches, which is fine cos I'm gonna send my car for it's annual CNY full detailing soon

• Praise 5

I tried, wasn't impressed. The guy used the same cloth to wipe BOTTOM UP so he basically wiped the sand and grime all over my car, told him nicely that he shld try to do top down but he ignored and continued. 

car was clean looking but could see some extra new fine scratches, which is fine cos I'm gonna send my car for it's annual CNY full detailing soon

You tried this Ewash ah? Looks like all outside car wash whether got water or no water still will ended up with fine scratches de, cannot escape one. So what was on the cloth that used to wipe the car? 

I tried too. I also tried Shiokr.

$10 a wash. (First time register get a free wash. I lived in Punggol).

Ewash verdict - Not sure if it is free. Was disappointed. Deleted the app after that. Don’t even want to try paying or any of their packages.

As my car is white, can see black stains at corners of the bumper. Mirror was not clean. Complimentary rims cleaning was so so with 50% still covered in brake dust. Tire shine got put like no put like that. Might as well don’t put. Worst of all, the roof of my car has 2 lines which you can see that the wiping was done at both side leaving the centre part untouched. I had previously inquired as previously had the same problem with Shiokr. Ewash told me they had a portable stool, seems not. I had indicated in the remarks that my car is a SUV and it is tall.

Shiokr verdict - Similar to Ewash but more expensive. It is $14.90 for saloon and $17.90 for SUV/Large cars. Both uses same kind but different brand of their so-call cleaning agent to spray from a spray bottle and wipe down with their micro fibre cloth. The rims are much cleaner compared to Ewash. Similarly, after using them for the first time, feedback that the roof was not cleaned properly. They mentioned they will work on a solution to provide their groomers with portable stools but yet to come true. They mentioned owners can bring their own stool down lol. For Shiokr, it is possible as they can come in day time. For Ewash, they wash from 2am to morning. Unless you are not sleeping.

I also tried the ah neh at my own HDB cp. $40 per month say 5 days a week. Always come 2-3 days nia. Sometimes come Saturday which usually I’m not home in time and he had left without washing. As for quality, so so also. Same roof not entirely clean. Can’t expect much from ah neh. For 2 years already change 3 hands. Each with different “mangali” accounts. Wanna stop washing end up pay month start and month end. Maybe I suay.

I also tried car wash at petrol station. $10 per wash at SPC. Used the most soap and water. Confirm clean. But the wiping sucks. Still dripping water even after reach home. Need to spend time wiping the car especially door sills.

Now, I wash the car myself at washing Bay. Once or twice a week depending how dirty it is. I spent about 2 hours each session. Had a portable hydrojet. Not that powerful but good enough to wash the car clean and dry. 40 cents each time with 20 cents a full tank of 32L. Used to use a hose but had to spend like $1 or $1.20.

With rim cleaner solution and Meguairs wash and wax. Top up with Armour all tire shine. Although shag, I take it as an exercise and will have the satisfaction when you see the car clean and bling.

Been there, done that.

Sorry for the long post but it should be quite a comprehensive review for those who are still considering which is the best way to wash their cars. It may work for me, it may not work for you but guess the reference is good enough.

Cheers.

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 2

Looks like best is to wash car yourself la. Better than any of these car wash service. If lazy to wash, can wash few weeks or few months once lo.

Front air damp never wipe at all. Both mirrors i think also never really wipe. I don't think will want to spend $10 again (lucky this 1st one is free) for such standard, rather go to petrol kiosk for jet wash. 

post-7510-0-60805600-1548119497_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dafansu

I tried too. I also tried Shiokr.

$10 a wash. (First time register get a free wash. I lived in Punggol).

Ewash verdict - Not sure if it is free. Was disappointed. Deleted the app after that. Don’t even want to try paying or any of their packages.

As my car is white, can see black stains at corners of the bumper. Mirror was not clean. Complimentary rims cleaning was so so with 50% still covered in brake dust. Tire shine got put like no put like that. Might as well don’t put. Worst of all, the roof of my car has 2 lines which you can see that the wiping was done at both side leaving the centre part untouched. I had previously inquired as previously had the same problem with Shiokr. Ewash told me they had a portable stool, seems not. I had indicated in the remarks that my car is a SUV and it is tall.

Shiokr verdict - Similar to Ewash but more expensive. It is $14.90 for saloon and $17.90 for SUV/Large cars. Both uses same kind but different brand of their so-call cleaning agent to spray from a spray bottle and wipe down with their micro fibre cloth. The rims are much cleaner compared to Ewash. Similarly, after using them for the first time, feedback that the roof was not cleaned properly. They mentioned they will work on a solution to provide their groomers with portable stools but yet to come true. They mentioned owners can bring their own stool down lol. For Shiokr, it is possible as they can come in day time. For Ewash, they wash from 2am to morning. Unless you are not sleeping.

I also tried the ah neh at my own HDB cp. $40 per month say 5 days a week. Always come 2-3 days nia. Sometimes come Saturday which usually I’m not home in time and he had left without washing. As for quality, so so also. Same roof not entirely clean. Can’t expect much from ah neh. For 2 years already change 3 hands. Each with different “mangali” accounts. Wanna stop washing end up pay month start and month end. Maybe I suay.

I also tried car wash at petrol station. $10 per wash at SPC. Used the most soap and water. Confirm clean. But the wiping sucks. Still dripping water even after reach home. Need to spend time wiping the car especially door sills.

Now, I wash the car myself at washing Bay. Once or twice a week depending how dirty it is. I spent about 2 hours each session. Had a portable hydrojet. Not that powerful but good enough to wash the car clean and dry. 40 cents each time with 20 cents a full tank of 32L. Used to use a hose but had to spend like $1 or $1.20.

With rim cleaner solution and Meguairs wash and wax. Top up with Armour all tire shine. Although shag, I take it as an exercise and will have the satisfaction when you see the car clean and bling.

Been there, done that.

Sorry for the long post but it should be quite a comprehensive review for those who are still considering which is the best way to wash their cars. It may work for me, it may not work for you but guess the reference is good enough.

Cheers.

My god..... Ewash so jialak

Better don't try then

Thanks for the feedback!

Use before. But you can expect more hairline scratches as time progresses.

They use the cloth to again and again throughout the night. You imagine how many cars they clean.

I prefer The steam wash. For ceramic coated cars bmw 520i. I hope still scratch free

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

i'm new here, but i'm just gathering some research for potential filming of a profile like bangla car washing.

I would like to ask in the past (think 1995-2000 without the advent of good smart phone techs) when bangla wash cars by car parks, would it be probable for car owners to place money below the wipers for the bangla to "collect" if they dont see them? How would this transaction be like in the past?

I did met up with the bangla washing in my area today, they dont do that nowadays because of complications between them and owners (eg: like rain, strong wind, owners say they put and bangla never collect but maybe they did), so now its alot easier now to deal, just text and both owner and bangla meet to pay.

What i'm asking is if money under wipers would be a probable scenario in the past? would the money be folded? wrapped in paper? Or what are some methods that was used in the past, especially when in the past, it was hard to communicate.

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement