Who uses night car wash services from HDB carpark

Freemen

Tried out this service at my MSCP for a month. $50 per month for weeknight washes.

After 1 month, have decided to stop their services due to the scratches on my paintwork.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

oh no i kena chop carrot head... i'm paying $60 per month for every weeknight wash/wipe. daily drives to site combined with taking care of young kids pushed me to go for this option with my old car previously. quality is acceptable for me, considering the mud splats on my car on a daily basis. i do find the daily wash/wipe helps as the dirt does not stick to the car body for, say a week or 2 and easier to come off if washed on the day itself. 

will definitely consider to stop the service and wash the car myself. 

Maybe they charge you based on the type of car you drive? So they charge you MPV rate lo?!  [:p]  So if they used the same pail of water and cloth after washing your car, other cars would get all the muddy water liao?! Lol.

Tried out this service at my MSCP for a month. $50 per month for weeknight washes.

After 1 month, have decided to stop their services due to the scratches on my paintwork.

Confirmed will have scratches on paintwork de, but i see many people still engage their service, even for some owners who have just collected their brand new car. I guess these people dont bother much on their paintwork, whether got scratches or not.

Maybe they charge you based on the type of car you drive? So they charge you MPV rate lo?!  [:p]  So if they used the same pail of water and cloth after washing your car, other cars would get all the muddy water liao?! Lol.

Confirmed will have scratches on paintwork de, but i see many people still engage their service, even for some owners who have just collected their brand new car. I guess these people dont bother much on their paintwork, whether got scratches or not.

yes i think normal rate is $50 for sedan... other cars getting muddy water is not my prob :XD:

yes i think normal rate is $50 for sedan... other cars getting muddy water is not my prob :XD:

This is why cannot engage such car wash, cause if there is one car always come back with mud, all the rest of cars there would get muddy water to wash their car everyday?!  [sweatdrop]

This is why cannot engage such car wash, cause if there is one car always come back with mud, all the rest of cars there would get muddy water to wash their car everyday?!  [sweatdrop]

Depends on the integrity of the Ah neh lor. My MSCP ah neh quite responsible leh. There is once I saw him wiping a muddy car and he poured away that pail of water, go fill up a new one before proceeding to the next car. (No he did not see me observing him)

Edited by Buadongdong
  • Praise 2

Depends on the integrity of the Ah neh lor. My MSCP ah neh quite responsible leh. There is once I saw him wiping a muddy car and he poured away that pail of water, go fill up a new one before proceeding to the next car. (No he did not see me observing him)

Good service.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

my car still ok leh... if any sign of scratch or really bad wash i would stop immediately. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

Why don't you just wash the car yourself? Will be better and cleaner then those MSCP night washers.

Bro, i feel my time is better used for other things like surfing M

own self wash is a Good exercise and bonding with family.

The washing one pail clean the whole car. Might as well go petrol kiosk once a week

My family is just me & mrs, guess who is doing all the hard work  [:(] 

Edited by Freemen

My family is just me & mrs, guess who is doing all the hard work [:(]

Glad you got a better use of your time

My family is just me & mrs, guess who is doing all the hard work [:(]

Maybe can get your Wife to help you with the washing over the weekend? Bonding time also. Haha
  • Praise 1

Maybe can get your Wife to help you with the washing over the weekend? Bonding time also. Haha

I am not sure how married you are, but you be there sooner or later  -_-

I am not sure how married you are, but you be there sooner or later -_-

she hinting that she dont mind washing car with her (now/future?) hubby ma...
  • Praise 1

$35 per month for SUV in open HDB carpark.

$30 if sedan.

4 to 5 times a week.

Not that clean and with swirl marks but if car paint don't show these easily, then ok.

Better than having a dirty car.

I think most wife not interested in washing car de. Cause how often you see a lady at washing point washing car, no matter whether the car is shared or personal? Except maid. Lol.

$45 a month. Suppose to wash every weeknights. Turn out every Friday didn't come (maybe go chiong haha) but he came every sat night. But sat night when I come back late he also didn't wash.

On top of that sometimes Tues or Wed MIA, last year that few long weekends, MIA for 4-5 days. Confronted him in a nice way he keep saying sorry and gives you the blur look. When talk about money he very efficient. Tried to end the service before end of the month (meaning already paid for the month) gives me 'mangali xiao' and asked for additional $20! Talk in half English/half India Tamil which I dun understand. Pass him $10 ask him stop the following month he stop immediately the next day. *facepalm*

Kinda friendly but looks like act blur. Car is so-so clean but can see center portion of the top is not. (He wiped from the left in one swinging direction and wiped from the right with another creating an arrow shaped dust mark pointing frontwards haha). Had blind spot mirror every morning I had to turn back to the correct angle since he washed and wiped disturbed it. (At least he washed the mirrors la). Sorry I may be to anal over these small things so ended up washing on my own now. Saw him some time back doing a 'hand-over" with the small booklet to another ah neh. Now is new ah neh washing but once bitten twice shy. Wanna stop still need to pay "termination service fee"...lol

$45/month x 12 = Paying $540 a year to wash the car is not cheap.

But it all depends on the individual ah nehs. Some places may be very good. Guess I'm just suay. After all, they are just trying to earn extra cash to feed their family back in their own country with the low pay and shit job in SG. I'm grateful that they pave our roads and build our houses.

IMO, washing the car yourself promotes healthy lifestyle, take it as an exercise. You will also have the satisfaction feeling after the wash. Save water also so save the earth. 

Cheers!

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 2

Paying $540 a year to wash the car indeed not cheap, but if you compared washing at petrol kiosk, the total amount spend also not cheap?! Lol. Actually spending money is a small issue, but to me the main thing is i find they dont really wash the car well la and scratches the car also, so what for i pay for it?! Think best is to wash the car myself, if find tiring or no time, rather wash it myself few weeks once or even once a month rather than paying those car wash service.

Just want to ask who is using night car wash services from HDB carparks.

I would like to find out 

1) What is the price you paid per month

2) Do they wash daily 

3) Is the service up to your expectation

1)  S$35 to S$45 per month. 

2)  Wash Monday to Friday excluding PH.  My area they will wait till 12am.  After 12am no wash.

3)  2 pails of water to wash so  many cars what do you think?  One pail for soaping and one pail for rinsing.

↡ Advertisement