2018 / 2019 Ford Focus

Carbon82

Some say not powerful...

Im driving the 3cylinder mk3.5, engine block failed on me after 1.5years, they had to change the whole engine, car is hospitalised for 2 months, with courtesy car only given 3 weeks later.

Turbocharged

Some say not powerful...

Matt Watson described the 182ps version of the 1.5L three-cylinder EcoBoost as making the Focus Mk4 feel like a hot-hatch.

The large square-font badging of the Mk 4 came to my attention... looks more "upclass" but lost the personality of the funky text of the old ones..

Ford-Focus-logo-720x340.jpg

2019-Ford-Focus-Mk4-estate-Titanium-10-8

I think I the one I miss though is the original..

ford-focus-logo-41B84AD02B-seeklogo.com.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Matt Watson described the 182ps version of the 1.5L three-cylinder EcoBoost as making the Focus Mk4 feel like a hot-hatch.

The large square-font badging of the Mk 4 came to my attention... looks more "upclass" but lost the personality of the funky text of the old ones..

Ford-Focus-logo-720x340.jpg

2019-Ford-Focus-Mk4-estate-Titanium-10-8

I think I the one I miss though is the original..

ford-focus-logo-41B84AD02B-seeklogo.com.

unfortunately, i highly doubt the AD will bring that engine in...

Twincharged

Im driving the 3cylinder mk3.5, engine block failed on me after 1.5years, they had to change the whole engine, car is hospitalised for 2 months, with courtesy car only given 3 weeks later.

That’s not good. Poor service from the agent! Blacklisted for me.

3 cylinder will always behave like 3 cylinders block = unbalance.

No matter how much balancing or counter weight done, once wear n tear occur the balanced parts become unbalance.

3 cylinder will always behave like 3 cylinders block = unbalance.

No matter how much balancing or counter weight done, once wear n tear occur the balanced parts become unbalance.

How many cylinders do you consider as balance?

Turbocharged

unfortunately, i highly doubt the AD will bring that engine in...

Most likely they will chase the Cat A and bring in the 1.0L 125ps again, but if they bring in a fully equipped 1.5L 182ps they could really strike hard at the premium mainstream market. It's practically ST level when considered with the car's reportedly excellent handling, in Watson's words

That’s not good. Poor service from the agent! Blacklisted for me.

Never been satisfied with service from the local Ford dealer

usually, even number right? As long as it's an odd number there's one extra cylinder, but with a 3cyl it's worse because there's only two cylinders balancing themselves out but one more that's kicking the whole thing out, whereas with a 5-cylinder it's not as bad because the extra cylinder is just 25% more over 4, whereas a 3 is 50%.

3-cylinders are widely acknowledged to require lots of extra balancing equipment to make them not shake like heck, and the Ford 1.0L is pretty refined in this regard, but reliability could be affected yeah.

For considered balance, generally even number is OK, but it's always frequently said the inline-6 is the best and most inherently self-balanced

Edited by 7hm
  • Praise 1

You may try Google YouTube, you will find lots of info concerning this.

Generally 4 cylinder and above is good !!

Is about the power stroke..

Similar experience...

Most likely they will chase the Cat A and bring in the 1.0L 125ps again, but if they bring in a fully equipped 1.5L 182ps they could really strike hard at the premium mainstream market. It's practically ST level when considered with the car's reportedly excellent handling, in Watson's words

Never been satisfied with service from the local Ford dealer

usually, even number right? As long as it's an odd number there's one extra cylinder, but with a 3cyl it's worse because there's only two cylinders balancing themselves out but one more that's kicking the whole thing out, whereas with a 5-cylinder it's not as bad because the extra cylinder is just 25% more over 4, whereas a 3 is 50%.

3-cylinders are widely acknowledged to require lots of extra balancing equipment to make them not shake like heck, and the Ford 1.0L is pretty refined in this regard, but reliability could be affected yeah.

For considered balance, generally even number is OK, but it's always frequently said the inline-6 is the best and most inherently self-balanced

I don't think is due to odd or even number.

The old Volvo 850 are 5 cyinder. Very smooth. 

• Praise 1

I don't think is due to odd or even number.

The old Volvo 850 are 5 cyinder. Very smooth.

BMW 5 cylinder also smooth..

on power stroke 3 cylinder lose out..

Is it hard to get Ford spare parts and accessories in Singapore? Need to wait for the imports?

This is one of my bad experience with my Oct 2015 Focus Wagon: The "key column" -as termed by Regent Motors is out of order. It caused the car to be towed in on 21 Sept 2018.

RM tells me " No spare part available." Not even from overseas.

Total down time to date still counting as of this post.

No courtesy car available.. sorry.

5 years warranty!? Fraud.!

Will I buy from RM again. NO!

If you are considering a the Ford Focus or buying from Regent Motors, consider my experience.

A. Oct 2015: Bought a new Ford Focus Stationwagon Trend from RM.

B. 5 days later with 350 km mileage: while washing the car myself, I discovered that the left hand side cill skirting has dropped off. It was an ABS plastic clipped-on piece that just dropped off.

RM refused to accept responsibility under warranty citing that " To claim warranty, the part must be returned." H

C. +22 months : Battery melt down. I mean melted! Not an exaggeration! Battery fluid everwhere, battery case distorted. I'm lucky the car did not go up in flames. Had to call AA and sign up for AA membership .

D. Timeline uncertain : Stalled on the Causeway. Readout says " Transmission fluid overheating. Engine will shut down."

Had to wait and limp from stop tp stop on the Causeway to let it recover. Not nice experience.

E. - 6 months to this posting: car started to misbehave with the ignition failing to start. Was stranded 3 times as the ignition failed. The last time was on 20 Sep 2018.

The car was towed onto RM and there it sat till now.RM says the key column has failed and there is NO SPARE PART AVAILABLE. I'm still not entirely sure when the car can be repaired as I vent here and now.

STILL WANT YO BUY A FORD OR FROM RM?

↡ Advertisement