2018 / 2019 Ford Focus

Carbon82

If you are considering a the Ford Focus or buying from Regent Motors, consider my experience.

A. Oct 2015: Bought a new Ford Focus Stationwagon Trend from RM.

B. 5 days later with 350 km mileage: while washing the car myself, I discovered that the left hand side cill skirting has dropped off. It was an ABS plastic clipped-on piece that just dropped off.

RM refused to accept responsibility under warranty citing that " To claim warranty, the part must be returned." H

C. +22 months : Battery melt down. I mean melted! Not an exaggeration! Battery fluid everwhere, battery case distorted. I'm lucky the car did not go up in flames. Had to call AA and sign up for AA membership .

D. Timeline uncertain : Stalled on the Causeway. Readout says " Transmission fluid overheating. Engine will shut down."

Had to wait and limp from stop tp stop on the Causeway to let it recover. Not nice experience.

E. - 6 months to this posting: car started to misbehave with the ignition failing to start. Was stranded 3 times as the ignition failed. The last time was on 20 Sep 2018.

The car was towed onto RM and there it sat till now.RM says the key column has failed and there is NO SPARE PART AVAILABLE. I'm still not entirely sure when the car can be repaired as I vent here and now.

STILL WANT YO BUY A FORD OR FROM RM?

Pls vent ur anger here.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/FordClubSingapore/

So many similar stories recently

↡ Advertisement

If you are considering a the Ford Focus or buying from Regent Motors, consider my experience.

A. Oct 2015: Bought a new Ford Focus Stationwagon Trend from RM.

B. 5 days later with 350 km mileage: while washing the car myself, I discovered that the left hand side cill skirting has dropped off. It was an ABS plastic clipped-on piece that just dropped off.

RM refused to accept responsibility under warranty citing that " To claim warranty, the part must be returned." H

C. +22 months : Battery melt down. I mean melted! Not an exaggeration! Battery fluid everwhere, battery case distorted. I'm lucky the car did not go up in flames. Had to call AA and sign up for AA membership .

D. Timeline uncertain : Stalled on the Causeway. Readout says " Transmission fluid overheating. Engine will shut down."

Had to wait and limp from stop tp stop on the Causeway to let it recover. Not nice experience.

E. - 6 months to this posting: car started to misbehave with the ignition failing to start. Was stranded 3 times as the ignition failed. The last time was on 20 Sep 2018.

The car was towed onto RM and there it sat till now.RM says the key column has failed and there is NO SPARE PART AVAILABLE. I'm still not entirely sure when the car can be repaired as I vent here and now.

STILL WANT YO BUY A FORD OR FROM RM?

Update: 10/10/18, day #19 after car was towed to RM : My 3 yr old car is still at RM. No news . No indication of when it can be fixed under the 5-yr warranty.
  • Praise 1

More sucky is after 19days the car still there.

Didnt know ford focus quality is so bad. Did you chat with fellow focus owners to understand if they have similar quality experience with their car or it is just yours?

But i went to RM showroom once, the attitude of the sales person was indirectly telling me not to buy ford, they were not proud of their products, they were not enthusiastic, they were not keen to sell, and they are closing shop soon. I believe in cluture runs in an organisation, if the sales cant be bothered, the service department cant be better. of course to be fair, your experience of quality problem has to do with Ford's factory which has nothing to do with RM but if they are not working extra hard to make up the shortfall of quality problem, then the brand will be ruined in no time.

Edited by Ct3833

Update: 10/10/18, day #19 after car was towed to RM : My 3 yr old car is still at RM. No news . No indication of when it can be fixed under the 5-yr warranty.

You could ask for a courtesy car – and I hope you did.

Never liked the after sales from Vantage. Used to own a Peugeot and the after sales is aloof and arrogant – take it or leave it attitude.

Another nightmare I had was with a Renault.

After 2 near death nightmares, I stay far away from French cars.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

When I was shopping for my missus car, we went vantage and viewed the pug.

Ford entrance was right next to it and I simply could not convince myself to step in.

• Praise 1

Update: 10/10: Car is ready for collection but RM offered to polish up the car; so delivery to my home will be done on and so done on 11/10.

(A Courtesy car was on provided over 3 days, from 8 8/10 to 11/10).

No cost was charged for the repair under warranty.

• Praise 1

Didnt know ford focus quality is so bad. Did you chat with fellow focus owners to understand if they have similar quality experience with their car or it is just yours?

But i went to RM showroom once, the attitude of the sales person was indirectly telling me not to buy ford, they were not proud of their products, they were not enthusiastic, they were not keen to sell, and they are closing shop soon. I believe in cluture runs in an organisation, if the sales cant be bothered, the service department cant be better. of course to be fair, your experience of quality problem has to do with Ford's factory which has nothing to do with RM but if they are not working extra hard to make up the shortfall of quality problem, then the brand will be ruined in no time.

I sold my May 2014 Focus Titanium  after less than 3 years of ownership, Will not buy anything from Regent Motor again.

• Praise 2

I sold my May 2014 Focus Titanium  after less than 3 years of ownership, Will not buy anything from Regent Motor again.

share your experience and most will appreciate it.

share your experience and most will appreciate it.

One month old new car , the gear became very jerking, even my passenger also said very uncomfortable to sit in my car, sent in to RM, SA said is normal, can't do anything.

Sent in again one month later, this time they said clutch net to replace, leave there for 3 days, no courtesy car. Car ride improved slightly after that.

After one year, need to change brake pad, cost more than 1k.

And the jerking became worse, SA just try to convince me is normal for this car , in my 35 years of driving experience, this is the worse car I have own and worse A.D.

Edited by IK1577
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3