2018 / 2019 Ford Focus

Carbon82

One month old new car , the gear became very jerking, even my passenger also said very uncomfortable to sit in my car, sent in to RM, SA said is normal, can't do anything.

Sent in again one month later, this time they said clutch net to replace, leave there for 3 days, no courtesy car. Car ride improved slightly after that.

After one year, need to change brake pad, cost more than 1k.

And the jerking became worse, SA just try to convince me is normal for this car , in my 35 years of driving experience, this is the worse car I have own and worse A.D.

I guess it's the Ford infamous DCT dry clutch that was all over the social media.

↡ Advertisement

One month old new car , the gear became very jerking, even my passenger also said very uncomfortable to sit in my car, sent in to RM, SA said is normal, can't do anything.

Sent in again one month later, this time they said clutch net to replace, leave there for 3 days, no courtesy car. Car ride improved slightly after that.

And the jerking became worse, SA just try to convince me is normal for this car , in my 35 years of driving experience, this is the worse car I have own and worse A.D.

My 2015/16 1.6 Focus wagon also exhibited very snatchy transmission drive. It is especially bad when going up a steep incline in "D" gear, with stop and go traffic such as in a carpark circular ramp. I reduce this snatchiness by driving in "S" mode most time.

I was stranded on the Causeway to JB and the computer reafout says "Trandmission fluid overheating. Engine will shut down." And it shut down on its own, leaving me smack in the middle of a massive traffic jam on the Cuasway with a M'sian cop quickly appearing.

My point is this: dont get caught in a stop and go traffic jam for more than 30 mins or else you may get this problem.

Having said that, I had my transmission fluid changed by RM - (shop outside cant find the required trans fluid )- at 38035km mark earlier this week for $320 ($120 labour + $200 fluid). The car seems to be smoother and less jerky now. Yet to see if it remains so in the longer run.

Perhap you might want to change the transmission fluid to see if you'll get my same "improvement:

I guess it's the Ford infamous DCT dry clutch that was all over the social media.

Yes. Before I bought my Focus, I read the reviews which said that the transmission issues has been resolved in the current models. So on the strength of these reviews, I plonked my money doen.

I'll be more careful with believong these reviews now.

Brake pad is 1k?

Update: 10/10: Car is ready for collection but RM offered to polish up the car; so delivery to my home will be done on and so done on 11/10.

(A Courtesy car was on provided over 3 days, from 8 8/10 to 11/10).

No cost was charged for the repair under warranty.

21/10/18 update.

The car continued to suffer the same intermittent failures to start when turning the ignition 2 days after receiving the car back on 12/10/2018.

Intermittent Failure to start was experience daily till 20/10.

On 21/10 morning (now happening), it completely refused to start.

Will wait for a period to retry and if it fails, will need to call the AA again to have it towed.

Standby.

Meantime, if you're still thinking if buying a Ford ....

• Praise 2

21/10/18 update.

The car continued to suffer the same intermittent failures to start when turning the ignition 2 days after receiving the car back on 12/10/2018.

Will wait for a period to retry and if it fails, will need to call the AA again to have it towed.

Standby.

23/10/18 update. My 2015/16 Focus Wagon is towed this morning AGAIN to RM for the same ignition fault that garaged it for 20 days in RM earlier this month.

Stay tuned and looked at my earlier posts in this thread if you are considering buying a Ford or any vehicle from Regent Motors.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

21/10/18 update.

Standby.

My Mondeo has been troublefree save for batteries dying abruptly without warning and aircon startup smells. The only significant problem I had was a brake activation state switch failure, which left the car in permanent "brakes are on" mode. That was repaired in one day under warranty.

I do hope your problems with your Focus are solved soon, but I will not defend Vantage's service quality. I've never been satisfied with them myself. I absolutely love the car, but I have no such attachment to the dealer.

• Praise 1

When I was shopping for my missus car, we went vantage and viewed the pug.

Ford entrance was right next to it and I simply could not convince myself to step in.

strangely you went into Pug, isn't both run by same people ?

23/10/18 update. My 2015/16 Focus Wagon is towed this morning AGAIN to RM for the same ignition fault that garaged it for 20 days in RM earlier this month.

Stay tuned and looked at my earlier posts in this thread if you are considering buying a Ford or any vehicle from Regent Motors.

Any updates?
  • Praise 1

RM is not bringing the new Focus into Singapore ?

If they don't have, RM can close shop.

They only sold 2 Ford cars from Jan 2019

• Praise 1

From Jan to Jun 19 only sold 2 cars ? I think Ford may jolly well leave Singapore like Chevrolet.

If they don't have, RM can close shop.

They only sold 2 Ford cars from Jan 2019

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2