2018 / 2019 Ford Focus

Carbon82

(edited)

From Jan to Jun 19 only sold 2 cars ? I think Ford may jolly well leave Singapore like Chevrolet.

Ford currently only have the mustang and the ranger ( a truck).

Think they are not bringing in focus, mondeo, etc

Edited by korosensei
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Just wondering if Sime Darby is restructuring?

Or maybe they are trying to figure if they should sell local regional models instead of the European ones.

Anyone know if MY is also similar because Sime Darby is also the official distributor for Ford there too.

• Praise 1

Just wondering if Sime Darby is restructuring?

Or maybe they are trying to figure if they should sell local regional models instead of the European ones.

Anyone know if MY is also similar because Sime Darby is also the official distributor for Ford there too.

yes Sime Darby own the distribution rights to both singapore n malaysia...sadly they r not interested in singapore market anymore

• Praise 1

yes Sime Darby own the distribution rights to both singapore n malaysia...sadly they r not interested in singapore market anymore

This is quite sad.

I actually have had pretty good experiences with them when I had a MK1 Focus. No problem when it came to warranty claims and I had 1 of the best service advisors handling my cases. 

• Praise 1

What a pity.. and the new Focus is pretty good based on online reviews. Was looking forward to seeing it on the roads here.

(edited)

What a pity.. and the new Focus is pretty good based on online reviews. Was looking forward to seeing it on the roads here.

Hi. My advise is to NOT BELIEVE those online reviews. They have way of downplaying negative traits with vague terms.

I am still driving the car actually my wife drives it most of the time. She is a marvel at driving as she cant be bothered with the mechanics of the car. But I will not be her passenger.

As for me I drives the car only on "S" mode as the "D" driveability is atrocious. The transmission loves new transmission oil and the drive improves after a change. But it deteriorates quickly after about 5,000km.

As for Ford's and Regdnt Motor's sad situation, I have no sympathy for both of them. One manufactures lemons while the other employs brutes to wrench your car. I have no confidence in their mechanics. Why? Ask them when was the last time they used a torque wrench.

So why am I keeping the car. It looks great, is why.

I'm also waiting for the COE to crash and will probably scrap the Focus to recoup the residual COE etc.

Again, to my fellow forumers here - DONT BUY FORD with the POWERSHIFT. It is not fit for purpose.

Edited by Tengnp

Supercharged

Hi. My advise is to NOT BELIEVE those online reviews. They have way of downplaying negative traits with vague terms.

I am still driving the car actually my wife drives it most of the time. She is a marvel at driving as she cant be bothered with the mechanics of the car. But I will not be her passenger.

As for me I drives the car only on "S" mode as the "D" driveability is atrocious. The transmission loves new transmission oil and the drive improves after a change. But it deteriorates quickly after about 5,000km.

As for Ford's and Regdnt Motor's sad situation, I have no sympathy for both of them. One manufactures lemons while the other employs brutes to wrench your car. I have no confidence in their mechanics. Why? Ask them when was the last time they used a torque wrench.

So why am I keeping the car. It looks great, is why.

I'm also waiting for the COE to crash and will probably scrap the Focus to recoup the residual COE etc.

Again, to my fellow forumers here - DONT BUY FORD with the POWERSHIFT. It is not fit for purpose.

New ones no come with Powershift wor

(edited)

New ones no come with Powershift wor

I WILL BE VERY WARY of their claims. I knew from reading reviews that the earlier Focus had transmission problems. However i went ahead and bought my 2015 Focus after reading reviews claiming Ford had fixed that problem, and their sales staff selling me the same.

They may claim there is no Powershift, but it could well just be semantics - a name-changing exercise. They could just as well call it BUTTERSHIFT.

Just steer clear of their dual-clutch auto transmission.

Edited by Tengnp
  • Praise 1

Ford has introduced a 1.0 mild hybrid ecoboost engine in 123bhp and 153bhp configurations. Initially, only manual option is available. Now they have paired this engine to a 7-speed DCT transmission (https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/en/news/2021/02/16/new-auto-option-for-ford-ecoboost-hybrid-brings-fun-to-drive-eff.html).

This engine/transmission combi seems suited for a market like Singapore. Hope not a repeat of the powershift gearbox issue though.

On 9/22/2021 at 9:44 PM, Shouyi said:

Ford has introduced a 1.0 mild hybrid ecoboost engine in 123bhp and 153bhp configurations. Initially, only manual option is available. Now they have paired this engine to a 7-speed DCT transmission (https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/feu/en/news/2021/02/16/new-auto-option-for-ford-ecoboost-hybrid-brings-fun-to-drive-eff.html).

This engine/transmission combi seems suited for a market like Singapore. Hope not a repeat of the powershift gearbox issue though.

errm...you know local Ford dealer only sells pickup right?

image.png.ea1eb4f7069841fd1b544f17a626e087.png

• Haha! 3

On 9/25/2021 at 1:59 PM, Shouyi said:

@Eyke ya, i know. Hope they will bring back passenger cars again.

HAAH wait long long. Regent motors has closed down, they also closed down autofrance and revamped as Vantage Automotive. It’s still equally cui, I’m surprised sime darby is still backing this useless dealer..

Turbocharged

I see more Ford vehicles in JB town than the entire Singapore. There's a huge Ford factory in Thailand churning out 270,000 Ford cars annually and close to zero sales in Singapore?? 

↡ Advertisement