Boleh Land Election 2018

Picnic06-Biante15

Supersonic

But the main thing still boil down to how much it cost.

If it is super expensive.. Then really not justifiable.. Especially when after the project is completed and need to sell expensive train ticket to cover back the cost. If too expensive then very little people take, too cheap unable to recoup the cost.

Since T5 already go ahead. Then sure can use air expension to KL too.. Anyway if really need, build mrt train to jb and then link HSL from jb to kl is a more cost friendly option.. But well..

It's either T5 or HSR, else the costs will be too much to bear for the people.

Since T5 is a go ahead project without involving other countries, i. e. Malaysia, we can still extend travel to Malaysia in a bigger airport.

Even if now Najib is still in power, would the project still go ahead? Most likely the funds for the project will be gone into his pocket, before it even starts building. In the end, we are wasting billions of dollars building a line linking to nowhere.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

But the main thing still boil down to how much it cost.

If it is super expensive.. Then really not justifiable.. Especially when after the project is completed and need to sell expensive train ticket to cover back the cost. If too expensive then very little people take, too cheap unable to recoup the cost.

Since T5 already go ahead. Then sure can use air expension to KL too.. Anyway if really need, build mrt train to jb and then link HSL from jb to kl is a more cost friendly option.. But well..

No one said HSR is cheap. But again, we must look further than just the upfront cost and ROI.

If planned and implemented well, the HSR will benefit alot of business on both sides of the causeway. Not to mention 2nd tier city will huat due to better accessibility.

It is precisely this case that I feel take this opportunity scrap HSR shua since Tun M announced will review it. Maybe counter propose singapore side to build mrt to jb and then link from jb to kl by hsr. Like that save both country money. Better right?

The whole purpose of HRS linking to SG is for seamless travel. You clear immigration once before you board the train at KL/SG and step out at your destination without the need of clearing immigration again.

Taking mrt to jb then transferring to HSR will defeat the purpose.

This is probably the closest we can get to border free travel between msia and sg.

Edited by Shull
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Already there is report of talk of disquiet within PKR spread after Dr Mahathir named only three senior PH leaders for his Cabinet with the glaring absence of PKR representation in Cabinet portfolio appointments so far.

‘Stop this nonsense’, Ambiga tells Rafizi after Cabinet lineup row

KUALA LUMPUR, May 12 — Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s lawyer has openly slammed PKR’s Rafizi Ramli after he accused newly-minted Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad of “bulldozing” his way through the appointments of three Cabinet members today.

Datuk Ambiga Sreenevasan vented at the PKR leader on Twitter after a news report by Malaysiakini quoted Rafizi as saying that Dr Mahathir did not consult PKR on the appointment of three ministers from DAP, Amanah and PPBM.

There are concerns that Rafizi’s criticism could likely fuel rumours that the new Pakatan Harapan (PH) federal government is divided on the matter, especially since it was not able to appoint the full Cabinet lineup after two days.

“Stop this nonsense,” the former Bar president tweeted together with an attachment of the Malaysiakini article that quoted Rafizi.

The former Bar president also retweeted a comment by Twitter user Ashraf: “Please PKR. Get yourself together. We are tired with this kind of nonsense again and again. Seriously,”.

Talk of disquiet within PKR spread after Dr Mahathir named only three senior PH leaders for his Cabinet with the glaring absence of PKR representation in Cabinet portfolio appointments so far.

DAP secretary general Lim Guan Eng was appointed as the finance minister; Amanah president Mohamad Sabu as defence minister; and PPBM president Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin as home minister.

The prime minister said the coalition had yet to decide the remaining seven portfolios, but expected the names to be finalised tomorrow.

Shortly afterwards, Rafizi issued a statement saying the current Cabinet line-up was only tentative and far from complete, and that any decision must have the full consensus of all component party members.

PKR leaders have received flak in the past for squabbling openly for positions.

https://www.malaymail.com/s/1630175/stop-this-nonsense-ambiga-tells-rafizi-after-cabinet-lineup-row#.WvbroEMtuA4.facebook

These people trying to nitpick

Isn't the DPM (Anwar's wife) , already from PKR?  

I beg to differ..

1. As someone pointed out, SIN-KL is one of the busiest air route in the world (http://www.businessinsider.com/the-worlds-busiest-international-air-route-is-surprisingly-short-2018-5/?IR=T)

Opening up a high speed rail link will significantly make the gap between SG and KL even closer and will benefit people and businesses from both side. Plus, carbon footprint for HSR is significantly smaller than flying, and more convenient too.

2. There are many Malaysians working in Singapore, and also cross border marriage. This will make it alot more convenient for them to return home. This translate to a less crowded and less traffic jam at CIQ.

Studies have shown that the optimal distance to be covered by HSR is between 150-900km. It is the distance where HSR is much faster than both driving and flying (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-speed_rail#Optimal_distance)

Case in point, Tokyo-Osaka bullet train and Taiwan HSR.. Both of these routes are well within the 900km limit, and significantly improve the accesibility of the cities linked by the system.

Yes, SIN-KUL is one of the busiest, and there are already established links between SIN-KUL via air and land.

instead of building something costly and probably also costly to maintain, why not do simpler, more cost efficient improvements to customs to facilitate 2-way traffic. At the end of the day, somebody has to pay for HSR.

HSR fares will have to compete with coach fares, budget airline fares etc, will be tough in my $0.02 opinion. The trade off is between fast and fares, and what users are prepared to pay. 

And this is a JV, and JV issues will surface in due time.

Sometimes, simple functional things are good enough.

All in all, I feel this is too costly an undertaking for us.

• Praise 4

Supersonic

I beg to differ..

1. As someone pointed out, SIN-KL is one of the busiest air route in the world (http://www.businessinsider.com/the-worlds-busiest-international-air-route-is-surprisingly-short-2018-5/?IR=T)

Opening up a high speed rail link will significantly make the gap between SG and KL even closer and will benefit people and businesses from both side. Plus, carbon footprint for HSR is significantly smaller than flying, and more convenient too.

2. There are many Malaysians working in Singapore, and also cross border marriage. This will make it alot more convenient for them to return home. This translate to a less crowded and less traffic jam at CIQ.

Studies have shown that the optimal distance to be covered by HSR is between 150-900km. It is the distance where HSR is much faster than both driving and flying (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-speed_rail#Optimal_distance)

Case in point, Tokyo-Osaka bullet train and Taiwan HSR.. Both of these routes are well within the 900km limit, and significantly improve the accesibility of the cities linked by the system.

i was the one who mentioned about the SIN-KL route. i would gladly take the HSR if the price is reasonable.
  • Praise 1

In order for billion dollars project to have reasonable fares, for certain the government needs to fund it in part or in full.

And these are tax payers money they are betting with to boost the economy, by how much no one can be certain. 

Something like the inaugural Youth Olympics.... Puts Singapore on the map for sure, at what cost overruns?

i was the one who mentioned about the SIN-KL route. i would gladly take the HSR if the price is reasonable.

• Dislike 1

Hypersonic

Najib and wife were on the verge of leaving the country. Plane already waiting, destination JKT. For a moment it seemed the country was ok with it. Then Mahathir stepped in to stop it.

Whether Najib was already on the way when the stop order came is unclear.

( from media report )

About 40 members of the public, accompanied by a large pack of journalists, descended on Subang Airport, a small airport just outside the capital in the early hours. Riot police were stationed outside the gate where people believed Najib would enter.

It came after what was believed to be a manifest circulated online showing Najib and his wife were due to board a flight from the airport to Jakarta on Saturday morning.

A white van with heavily tinted windows arrived and was quickly surrounded by an angry crowd who demanded that the vehicle be opened so they could see who was inside.

They tried to rock the vehicle and one man shouted “I hate Rosmah”. The ex-leader’s wife is hugely unpopular, due to her imperious manner and a reported love of luxury shopping trips.

But someone rolled down the van’s window to show Najib was not inside, prompting the crowd to back off and allow the vehicle to enter the airport.

Businessman Raja Singham, 49, who had tried to block the van from entering, said: “We have the right to know who is inside the car, as a citizen I will fight for that. We have suffered for so many years. I don’t want them to get out of the country.”

The man that shouted I hate Rosmah.

It wasn't me.

:D

Hypersonic

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/three-johor-reps-cross-bn-051855522.html

This is ultimate boot lickers. Whoever has the power, join them. Can swing 360 degrees. No loyal to the party.

If singapore have this kind of ministers and or mps. We will be gg Sia.

Anyway I believe inside PAP there are a lot of advisers are like this. When party no longer in power, they will jump ship. So this is the one that party leader need to be very careful on.

No integrity one.

Switch sides just like that.

Take them as members for their votes and replace them with better people

in the next election.

Supersonic

In order for billion dollars project to have reasonable fares, for certain the government needs to fund it in part or in full.

And these are tax payers money they are betting with to boost the economy, by how much no one can be certain.

Something like the inaugural Youth Olympics.... Puts Singapore on the map for sure, at what cost overruns?

agree, which is why Dr M is going to reassess the HSR project to see if it is necessary to spend that money at this moment in time. i'm sure the scholars on both sides would have evaluated the potential benefits before the agreement was made.

as for SG, i rather they spend money on HSR than YOG :XD:

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Dr M knows very well that it’s a tough job to be PM in a coalition government. When he was a PM in his previous term, his party - UMNO was a Parliamentary party, thus he could get his job done much easier, as Parliamentary parties are powerful because their members work as a team and generally vote the same way, although they may have different ideas on particular bills (proposed laws).

Now that he is a PM of the coalition government, he might not be able to get his job done as easy as what he has been doing during his previous term, as their component parties hold differing beliefs and thus may not always agree on certain policy.

Already there is report of talk of disquiet within PKR spread after Dr Mahathir named only three senior PH leaders for his Cabinet with the glaring absence of PKR representation in Cabinet portfolio appointments so far.

‘Stop this nonsense’, Ambiga tells Rafizi after Cabinet lineup row

KUALA LUMPUR, May 12 — Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s lawyer has openly slammed PKR’s Rafizi Ramli after he accused newly-minted Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad of “bulldozing” his way through the appointments of three Cabinet members today.

Datuk Ambiga Sreenevasan vented at the PKR leader on Twitter after a news report by Malaysiakini quoted Rafizi as saying that Dr Mahathir did not consult PKR on the appointment of three ministers from DAP, Amanah and PPBM.

There are concerns that Rafizi’s criticism could likely fuel rumours that the new Pakatan Harapan (PH) federal government is divided on the matter, especially since it was not able to appoint the full Cabinet lineup after two days.

“Stop this nonsense,” the former Bar president tweeted together with an attachment of the Malaysiakini article that quoted Rafizi.

The former Bar president also retweeted a comment by Twitter user Ashraf: “Please PKR. Get yourself together. We are tired with this kind of nonsense again and again. Seriously,”.

Talk of disquiet within PKR spread after Dr Mahathir named only three senior PH leaders for his Cabinet with the glaring absence of PKR representation in Cabinet portfolio appointments so far.

DAP secretary general Lim Guan Eng was appointed as the finance minister; Amanah president Mohamad Sabu as defence minister; and PPBM president Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin as home minister.

The prime minister said the coalition had yet to decide the remaining seven portfolios, but expected the names to be finalised tomorrow.

Shortly afterwards, Rafizi issued a statement saying the current Cabinet line-up was only tentative and far from complete, and that any decision must have the full consensus of all component party members.

PKR leaders have received flak in the past for squabbling openly for positions.

https://www.malaymail.com/s/1630175/stop-this-nonsense-ambiga-tells-rafizi-after-cabinet-lineup-row#.WvbroEMtuA4.facebook

PKR already have the DPM post and the PM post is reserved for them.

PKR is made up of ex UMNO members who only join for positions.

They are taking their UMNO politics of patronage with them.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Please don't think I cannot sleep because I am worried with all the changes coming.

I cannot sleep because I am too excited by all the changes coming.

AG being investigated, Election Chairman being investigated, 1MDB, Mongolian

model. I would just like to say there is no statue of limitation on murder.

Supersonic

By increasing GST by 2%?

Twincharged

It's either T5 or HSR, else the costs will be too much to bear for the people.

Since T5 is a go ahead project without involving other countries, i. e. Malaysia, we can still extend travel to Malaysia in a bigger airport.

Even if now Najib is still in power, would the project still go ahead? Most likely the funds for the project will be gone into his pocket, before it even starts building. In the end, we are wasting billions of dollars building a line linking to nowhere.

If government got money, it's okay. I am only afraid that government now budget abit tight but still want to show the world that we still have a lot of money. If not how come nowadays keep want to find ways to increase taxes?

So better back to basic 1st, which is prudent..

(edited)

T5 is an interesting project as we are projecting growth and building ahead to meet this forecast.

For air flight i do not think we have a positional advantage given bulk of commercial flight are still way north of the equator. Unless u r flying down under. But this is slowly being eroded by intro of more fuel efficient wide body aircrafts that does the journey in one leg.

However there is a big untapped secondary market in indonesia and maybe 2nd line cities in tge region. This could be served be smaller propeller crafts which do not need too many support infra. Hub and spike.

I think we could do more to develop ferry model similar to hk.

I did not proof read this. But vaguely remember that paya lebar air base would be shifted to changi. This would free up a very big piece of land in center sgp.

Edited by Cauldron

(edited)

Come lah, want to debate, debate in open. What annonymous. Puii. 

No different from a car scratching vandal.

The funny thing is, you think there is no cctv to record your doing? 

post-24957-0-40302500-1526168619_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vratenza
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6