SGCARMART or Carousell?

alfakidz85

Hi bros and sis here. I'm looking to sell my car well actually toying with the idea for now. So I would like to ask if you are planning to sell your vehicle, which platform do you go to? I am not rushing to sell it so I am ok with the idea of selling it off myself even if it will take a little more time.

I know that currently the ad fees for sgcarmart is now $58 till you sell off your car. I think it used to be $48 for 6 weeks only. $58 seems ok if it means being able to post till it's being sold. But, if it's unsold are you able to get back the ad fees? Haha.. And after sometime will my ads be pushed down by newer ads? Hope some bros can clarify some of my doubts as I think all of you are much more familiar with how the system works.

Also.. Carousell has been my preferred platform to sell off my used stuff etc and it is relatively effective! I have seen many car ads on Carousell as well, and there is Carousell Motor. Carousell and Carousell Motor they are not the same platform? Do you need to pay to advertise there, and how does it work?

Honestly I think Carousell is a good platform to sell of my unwanted stuff but not so sure about using it to sell my car. Lowballers, have to entertain messages on PM and honestly it looks quite confusing. For eg if i type Mitsubishi Lancer there are rental ads, car parts for mit lancer appearing etc. 

Are the younger generations using Carousell to sell off their cars now? Whats your preferred choice now? 

Edited by alfakidz85
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Just do it based on what you think it fits.

Wahaha....ppl write long post to ask n u juz say up to u.

Personally, i find Carousell less credible n not always updated. Probably coz it’s free ppl anyhow post.

Wahaha....ppl write long post to ask n u juz say up to u.

Personally, i find Carousell less credible n not always updated. Probably coz it’s free ppl anyhow post.

I sold Apple TV this morning using Corousell
  • Dislike 1

Supersonic

I sold Apple TV this morning using Corousell

U another one. Ppl asking abt car sales u tok apple
  • Praise 1

Sold mine using Quotz (Sgcarmart) dealer bidding system.

Only dealers can bid & pay $38 to be listed for 2-3 days.

For me less hassle & time lost compared to selling to potential direct buyers.

Carousell does in fact is a low ballers' haven for letting one advertise for free. However, both platforms also have own set of low ballers as almost no one would pay what you are asking for. So might as well wash clean, take nice photo, write a nice description, price a little higher, pay the advertising fee on sgcarmart and at the same time use free low ballers platform. Who knows you might strike a surprise good/fair deal!  

People complain about lowballers but then some sellers think their stuff are made of gold.... either almost same price as new or even higher than new because they did not check out new price now as compared to what they bought before...

People complain about lowballers but then some sellers think their stuff are made of gold.... either almost same price as new or even higher than new because they did not check out new price now as compared to what they bought before...

Agreed. Low ballers are everywhere...where’s that picture of Woody and his best pal...?

I had tried quotz and carousell but not successful with the sale. Eventually, advertised on SGCM and sold almost immediately.

It takes a realistic set of both buyer and seller for a deal to be struck.

I bought my current car off sgcarmart. This was after contacting just two potential sellers.

However prior to buyIng the car, I was actually surfing carousell for fun and texting some sellers just to enquire on some general questions about the car I was buying.

When I truly had the intention to get one and fell into the “serious and potential buyer” category, I used Sgcarmart.

To me carousell as a free platform there are bound to be many more types of buyers and sellers there. Some buyers could be the cheapskate lowballers, some could be ask a lot questions kind (like me) but go silent after that.. all these becos the PM function is readily available. You dont have to text/call the person and the other party will never get to know your number. Some sellers post (but never really have there intention to sell). In their description youll find MWTS - Might Want To Sell. Why? Becos they just wanna test the market value of their car now etc.

On sgcarmart, to be able to post there means you already have to pay the ad fees. If you don’t have the intention to sell doubt you will take out $58 to buy la hor... so first thing first, you already have a serious seller.. then comes point of contact.. it’s either text or call.. which only means having to reveal your number. You’ll definitely think twice before contacting. So this part here deters the “just look see for fun” buyers...

But like all the other members here posted, just pay the ad fees for sgcarmart and then post it on the free platform as well.. you never know. Post on fb group also. No harm since it’s free

Supersonic

I posted on sgcarmart b4. Lots of lowballers too and spam bait for consignment agents, insurance agents, loan agents.

So do you get a better price compared to what a dealer quoted you for trade in?

Sold mine using Quotz (Sgcarmart) dealer bidding system.

Only dealers can bid & pay $38 to be listed for 2-3 days.

For me less hassle & time lost compared to selling to potential direct buyers.