SLT6883G - Time for you to get Famous

Thaiyotakamli

Poor uncle

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1746836525374114&id=106857912705325

Dear Caltex,

I earlier witnessed an incident at Caltex Tampines Ave 8 @2pm on 14 April and it filled me with such indignation that it prompted me to write this to you, hoping that you could help alleviate the financial obligation of your employee and implement appropriate measures to handle the incident as follows.

While processing payment at the Cashier counter, the customer (picture uploaded herewith) and driver of BMW vehicle SLT6883G, claimed that your pump attendant had mistakenly refilled a full tank of petrol costing about $135 for his vehicle instead of the $10 petrol that he had instructed. He refused to pay the full amount and insisted to pay only $10 for the full tank.

The pump attendant probably in his early 60s, was subsequently summoned to the Cashier counter to verify. He explained that he had heard that it was a full tank refill but the customer immediately rebutted it. What happened next astonished me. Instead of creating a scene by engaging in an argument with the customer, the elderly pump attendant calmly informed the Cashier to let the customer pay $10 and he would personally absorb the rest of the cost. As a result, the customer walked away smugly paying a mere $10 payment for a full tank of petrol for his BMW Series 5 vehicle.

Whilst I was impressed with the collected composure and professional customer service that both your Cashier and pump attendant had displayed throughout the incident, I am deeply disturbed that the customer had capitalized on the opportunity to make the elderly pump attendant pay for the supposedly oversight. The customer could have responded gentlemanly and be gracious to forgive by paying for the petrol since his vehicle would need to consume it anyway. Alternatively, he could have paid for a partial amount instead of making the elderly pump attendant bear the full $125. Unfortunately, this was not so.

I have done some online research and noticed that the remuneration of a pump attendant averages about $1600/mth in Singapore. $125 means a significant 8% of his meagre salary. Would Caltex consider waiving this amount or allowing the pump attendant to pay at cost?

Also, assuming it was entirely the pump attendant’s oversight, under such circumstances, perhaps the Cashier could have proposed to the customer to pay for a partial amount instead of allowing the elderly pump attendant bear full monetary responsibility?

Alternatively, for proof of evidence, perhaps Caltex can install CCTVs equipped with audio recording of drivers’ instructions to the pump attendants at each pump? What are Caltex’s existing guidelines and policies to handle such situation? I am concerned that if no effective standard operating systems are defined, such practices of having pump attendants to bear the price discrepancies can lead to abuse. Imagine if one uses this approach on each petrol station in Singapore every few days, it is tantamount to one walking away striking lottery frequently and the accumulated value will be very substantial!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 28

Who pump bmw only $10?

:D

I do last time

when i want to

go jb lol

But if uncle

ald pump full

then i would pay full

for the fuel

i receive

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Seriously pump $10 only? I dun believe. Even for 3/4 tank, that $10 worth of petrol can hardly move the pointer.

• Praise 3

Poor uncle

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1746836525374114&id=106857912705325

Dear Caltex,

I earlier witnessed an incident at Caltex Tampines Ave 8 @2pm on 14 April and it filled me with such indignation that it prompted me to write this to you, hoping that you could help alleviate the financial obligation of your employee and implement appropriate measures to handle the incident as follows.

While processing payment at the Cashier counter, the customer (picture uploaded herewith) and driver of BMW vehicle SLT6883G, claimed that your pump attendant had mistakenly refilled a full tank of petrol costing about $135 for his vehicle instead of the $10 petrol that he had instructed. He refused to pay the full amount and insisted to pay only $10 for the full tank.

The pump attendant probably in his early 60s, was subsequently summoned to the Cashier counter to verify. He explained that he had heard that it was a full tank refill but the customer immediately rebutted it. What happened next astonished me. Instead of creating a scene by engaging in an argument with the customer, the elderly pump attendant calmly informed the Cashier to let the customer pay $10 and he would personally absorb the rest of the cost. As a result, the customer walked away smugly paying a mere $10 payment for a full tank of petrol for his BMW Series 5 vehicle.

Whilst I was impressed with the collected composure and professional customer service that both your Cashier and pump attendant had displayed throughout the incident, I am deeply disturbed that the customer had capitalized on the opportunity to make the elderly pump attendant pay for the supposedly oversight. The customer could have responded gentlemanly and be gracious to forgive by paying for the petrol since his vehicle would need to consume it anyway. Alternatively, he could have paid for a partial amount instead of making the elderly pump attendant bear the full $125. Unfortunately, this was not so.

I have done some online research and noticed that the remuneration of a pump attendant averages about $1600/mth in Singapore. $125 means a significant 8% of his meagre salary. Would Caltex consider waiving this amount or allowing the pump attendant to pay at cost?

Also, assuming it was entirely the pump attendantâs oversight, under such circumstances, perhaps the Cashier could have proposed to the customer to pay for a partial amount instead of allowing the elderly pump attendant bear full monetary responsibility?

Alternatively, for proof of evidence, perhaps Caltex can install CCTVs equipped with audio recording of driversâ instructions to the pump attendants at each pump? What are Caltexâs existing guidelines and policies to handle such situation? I am concerned that if no effective standard operating systems are defined, such practices of having pump attendants to bear the price discrepancies can lead to abuse. Imagine if one uses this approach on each petrol station in Singapore every few days, it is tantamount to one walking away striking lottery frequently and the accumulated value will be very substantial!

The fb link is down.. Any idea which uncle is it? Anyone has his photo?

The fb link is down.. Any idea which uncle is it? Anyone has his photo?

post-14834-0-21233400-1523743788_thumb.png

This cb driver. Drive BMW5 series trying to pull a fast one out. Who drive BMW5 series pump $10 petrol only when tank is nearly empty?

He must be saying saying something like. Uncle.. Ten ( pronounced and sound like thank). So uncle heard it oh this guy thank me for waiting to help pump petrol and proceed to pump full tank.

Then at casher this guy say want pump 10 dollars petrol only? Wtf man.

So if this is what happened, then this guy is trying to deceive knowing that ten sounds like thank and people may had mistaken it. So took this to his advantage. Knn man.

Caltex do the right thing and bar this driver from pumping the petrol in Caltex, shell, spc and esso station to also bar him too. And also report police too to investigate him further.. Knn this driver.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 4

Screenshot_20180415-060928.png

This cb driver. Drive BMW5 series trying to pull a fast one out. Who drive BMW5 series pump $10 petrol only when tank is nearly empty?

He must be saying saying something like. Uncle.. Ten ( pronounced and sound like thank). So uncle heard it oh this guy thank me for waiting to help pump petrol and proceed to pump full tank.

Then at casher this guy say want pump 10 dollars petrol only? Wtf man.

So if this is what happened, then this guy is trying to deceive knowing that ten sounds like thank and people may had mistaken it. So took this to his advantage. Knn man.

Caltex do the right thing and bar this driver from pumping the petrol in Caltex, shell, spc and esso station to also bar him too. And also report police too to investigate him further.. Knn this driver.

This is coe BMW 520.. Lol.
  • Praise 2

If he dares to do this stunt in future visit to petrol stations, all staff out there, just call and report to police.stop him from leaving, if he can't pay full tank. This trick is exposed by me already.

Say ten that sound like thank and this is intention to cheat the pump attendant already.

Edited by Yewheng

Pumped Full Tank,he is also going to use it,it is already in his Car...just a fuxxer... [furious] Hope ALL petrol Station on alert of this Idiot.

• Praise 3

This is coe BMW 520.. Lol.

Eh excui mi. My coe 5er pump full tank is close to $200 hor.

Where got ppl pump $10 on an almost empty tank one?

• Praise 3

What? So expensive.. WA piang eh.

Pumped Full Tank,he is also going to use it,it is already in his Car...just a fuxxer... [furious] Hope ALL petrol Station on alert of this Idiot.

Plus ten sound like thank. Sound fishy? Hmm..

Seriously pump $10 only? I dun believe. Even for 3/4 tank, that $10 worth of petrol can hardly move the pointer.

Yeah. $10 is less than 4.5 litre of petrol.

And conti cars usually have big tanks.

Quite an odd request.

• Praise 2

got lah.  if tank really empty, and your own petrol brand not nearby, you might pop into nearest station and pump $10.  at least i have done that, and more than once.  

i can imagine some people will get hot if they lose their discount or points if that is the situation; the correct compensation would be to pay him the discount he might get at his own brand + maybe 1 can of barley water to cool him down. 

• Praise 2

I think he regretting his move now, since he didn't expect someone to screenshot his back view and car plate number. He probably pull this stunt before in other stations. Damn CB to do this to the pump attendant. Now he is famous LOL! Think we can expect his full details out in no time

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9