Bicycles shops and bicycles for young children

Fishy

any off road trails I can bring my 5 yr old to?

I rode with my boy when he was 10 or 11 at Ubin island. Tough terrain but he fared better than me. I “Chuan” like I did during my bmt SOC run. Lots of up and down rough gravel tracks... it’s tiring but fun too.

5yo is too young for that though.

There used to be a long stretch of unpaved path near the bridge to the Coney Island but it has now been smoothened out.

• Praise 1

Why you all when young time fall down is just get bruises?

I kena abrasions all over and even knocked out my two front teeth trying to replicate some ET action.

• Praise 1

Why you all when young time fall down is just get bruises?

I kena abrasions all over and even knocked out my two front teeth trying to replicate some ET action.

Because you tried to ride with no wheel on the ground right? Sibeh satki move during those ET times...my front teeth intact because I could only jump over my own slippers

Not sure how old your kid is, but easiest way to learn how to ride a bike is to practise as much as you can.

You can start off with 4 wheels, then take it down to 3, then guide take off the 2 extra wheels and hold on to them, slowly letting go at times.

Constant practising and within a month, they should be able to ride on 2 wheels..

Twincharged

Googled Balance bicycles. Son is 9. Heâs unlikely to ride on a balance bicycle as it is mainly for smaller children. Guess got to buy him a bmx and start riding. Where is a good place to buy bicycles? Tried decathlon, a bit expensive than some neighbourhood shops I tried.

Carousel. Just buy something for him to trash around. Don’t coddle them too much. At 9, just let him zoom around and before long they can cycle. My daughter taught herself how to ride with me just giving some tips. I didn’t even hold her.

my tip; attach a pvc pipe around the joint of the seat tube and seat stay of your kids bike. and also secure to the seat post. use rope and good knots. 

what you want to accomplish is a tube sticking out from behind the seat. this will help save your back, and gives good control over the bike. 

with that you can walk / jog behind your kid when teaching them to balance and pedal. 

always ask them to look far in front when on the bike. 

when they are ready you can give them a push to gain some speed (speed is needed to balance) 

good luck and enjoy. 

PS: you can attach a T joint at the end of the tube to get a better grip. 

• Praise 1

my tip; attach a pvc pipe around the joint of the seat tube and seat stay of your kids bike. and also secure to the seat post. use rope and good knots.

what you want to accomplish is a tube sticking out from behind the seat. this will help save your back, and gives good control over the bike.

with that you can walk / jog behind your kid when teaching them to balance and pedal.

always ask them to look far in front when on the bike.

when they are ready you can give them a push to gain some speed (speed is needed to balance)

good luck and enjoy.

PS: you can attach a T joint at the end of the tube to get a better grip.

if u have control over the bike means ur kid is not controlling it.

if u have control over the bike means ur kid is not controlling it.

Bro... you need to help your kid to balance first, there are no training wheels.

as you carry on you can get a feel of the level of balance your kid has achieved.

when you feel they are ready,  let go of the handle without their notice and grab back when they start to sway. helps to build confidence. 

for me i just tell my kid to look in front and give them a running start and let her glide till a stop.

although she can now cycle, the pole is still there for me to garb when we go cycling just in case. 

↡ Advertisement