Audi UTR front/rear camera

Midorima

Hi,

How many of you all have the Audi UTR installed in your car?

I personally think it does a fairly ok job, though I won't get it separately if it is not already included in the car price. It is sometimes buggy and not very seamless to use.

One of the gripes is that you can't just retrieve the saved recorded videos from your phone (I am using iPhone 7), to say sharing it on whatsapp or saving it in the phone's gallery etc.. To get the videos in file form, will have to take out the memory card to open it on a computer. Unless I am missing out on how to do it.

Any reviews?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

No wifi connection meh?

Yes have. You can view the videos. You can see live feed. You can save the videos from the UTR to your phone, but the saved videos can only be viewed/accessed from the same app. It is not saved anywhere else in the phone.

That is the gripe. I can't share the video instantaneously as it can only be viewed in the app.

• Praise 1

I don't have the Audi UTR but was provided a 3rd party brand instead (Tomo T5). I too have a BMW ACE and collectively, I can quite safely conclude that they are all a far cry from the BV650GW 2CH in terms of video quality & user interface.

Like how TS has put it, if it wasn't "thrown" in as part of car package, I will definitely go with the more trusted and established brands in the car DVR space.

• Praise 3

Hi,

How many of you all have the Audi UTR installed in your car?

I personally think it does a fairly ok job, though I won't get it separately if it is not already included in the car price. It is sometimes buggy and not very seamless to use.

One of the gripes is that you can't just retrieve the saved recorded videos from your phone (I am using iPhone 7), to say sharing it on whatsapp or saving it in the phone's gallery etc.. To get the videos in file form, will have to take out the memory card to open it on a computer. Unless I am missing out on how to do it.

Any reviews?

Yes I have it in my car. I haven't really explored with it much but thought all this while that I could get the recorded videos into my phone, not just in the app. Thanks for sharing.

But there's something I notice; recently (after downloading the app) my phone batt seems to be depleting much faster than previously. Can this be the cause of the Audi in-car cam?

• Praise 1

I took out the sd card and put into my computer.

But the video player only play a black screen with voice in the background. Which video player do you use to view the video from the SD card.

If it cannot be view from the computer mean it of no use as you need to send the video as evidence in the event of an accident.

• Praise 1

I took out the sd card and put into my computer.

But the video player only play a black screen with voice in the background. Which video player do you use to view the video from the SD card.

If it cannot be view from the computer mean it of no use as you need to send the video as evidence in the event of an accident.

File format was .avi.

I think will need something like VLC player. Windows Media should work too but maybe need some plugin. For sure can be viewed on computer as it is a common file type for video files.

File format was .avi.

I think will need something like VLC player. Windows Media should work too but maybe need some plugin. For sure can be viewed on computer as it is a common file type for video files.

Thanks. I found the problem. It is window 10 media player (as default media player) not able to view the video files.

I downloaded the latest VLC player and I can view the video files.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Anyone can advise if the SD card be upgrade from 8 to 16G

I am using 32GB SD card. (if I remember correctly)

Edited by Cookcpu

Neutral Newbie

I am using 32GB SD card. (if I remember correctly)

u bought a new sd card ? just need to format it with the cam and it works ? 

• Praise 1

(edited)

u bought a new sd card ? just need to format it with the cam and it works ? 

Yes, it is a new sd card.

I don't think I format it with my computer. I just put it in the car cam.

Edited by Cookcpu

Neutral Newbie

Yes, it is a new sd card.

I don't think I format it with my computer. I just put it in the car cam.

Thanks Mate, tried this morning and it works :)

just installed the UTR.

while viewing via app, can select between front and rear cam

but copied files from sd card onto PC, only contain front view. Why? what did I do wrongly?

• Praise 1

just installed the UTR.

while viewing via app, can select between front and rear cam

but copied files from sd card onto PC, only contain front view. Why? what did I do wrongly?

Likely is the media player you use to play on your pc. Some media players can’t play both.

I think I could play it with VLC player. Have not done it for sometime so might have remembered wrongly.

• Praise 2

Likely is the media player you use to play on your pc. Some media players can’t play both.

I think I could play it with VLC player. Have not done it for sometime so might have remembered wrongly.

got it. Thanks for your help ! 

Been having this issue with the cam. At times, the recording isn't continuous! I'm not talking about the recording when the car is parked; it's when the car is in motion. Is there any configuration I need to make or is this 'normal'? For example, recently, I was driving and stopped at the traffic light junction, waiting to turn right. The lights then changed with the right-turn green arrow showing. When I was about to drive on, a car (lady driver) beat the red light and sped past the junction at high speed. I thought I could get the footage to have it sent to TP, only to realize that portion of it was not recorded!

The video footages showed the 2 mins I was waiting at the junction and subsequently of me having turned right and driving straight on the road. There was a missing gap of that 20-30 secs footage unrecorded (where it was when the lady driver beat the red light).

The above was not the first incident when there was missing gap in the recording. I have even taken out the SD card to try and retrieve the missing footages in my laptop but to no avail.

Is there a problem?

(edited)

Hmm, I have to go and check out the video to see whether I am having the same problem as you.

I wonder can we install 3rd party car camera in Audi car or not?  Will it void the car warranty?

Edited by Cookcpu
↡ Advertisement