Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Engine Oil

Lmws214

Turbocharged

Hi all,

wondering if anyone here have tried Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Engine Oil pls?

cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

Hi all,

wondering if anyone here have tried Pennzoil Ultra Platinum Engine Oil pls?

cheers

its very similar to Shell Helix.  which  is not surprising bcos Shell owns Pennzoil.

Pennzoil Ultra Platinum: $16/quart           HTHS: Don't know

Mobil 1 5-30: $16/quart                             HTHS: 3.5

Redline 5-30: $18/quart                             HTHS: 3.8

Motul 5-30: $18/Liter                                  HTHS: 3.4

Turbocharged

HTHS means?

which is better our of these four?

cheers

Pennzoil Ultra Platinum: $16/quart           HTHS: Don't know

Mobil 1 5-30: $16/quart                             HTHS: 3.5

Redline 5-30: $18/quart                             HTHS: 3.8

Motul 5-30: $18/Liter                                  HTHS: 3.4

Have tried most of the major brand oils as I'm in charge of maintaining vehicles for my family business's rental fleet. Used Pennzoil Ultra Platinum back when it could be shipped in from Amazon at a very good price, and it works well for intended purposes - no complaints at all. However, Amazon no longer ships oils at such good rates, and if you have to buy from a local retailer and the price difference is minimal, I agree with Davidtch - I'll go for Redline anytime. So far it has proven to be the best in the vehicles I've used it in (of course we can't use it in every vehicle as we have to balance cost with performance), they use Group 5 ester-based stocks, has high HTHS levels (may mean less fuel economy compared to other oils of that grade but better protection) and seems to reduce oil consumption in cars which are starting to consume oil.

As for your question on HTHS for 0W20 oils, a quick search found this from another forum. There are many other posts, lazy to go through all, but the general consensus is that a 0W20 oil should have a HTHS of around 2.6-2.7.

No such thing as "best" HTHS. It all comes down to what's appropriate for your application. Higher HTHS = thicker oil; you want as thin as possible but as thick as necessary. Most 0w20s are around 2.6-2.7.

How about for Ow-20?

(edited)
2 hours ago, Hermit said:

Any advice on where to get pennzoil ultra plat these days? 

You can try this place mx tradings, they are having closing down sale, so check with the owner before heading down.

I recently got mobil-one 5w-20 engine oil  for my car, they carry wide range of engine oils at good prices.

https://www.mxtradings.com/ 

Edited by Confusedboi

Hypersonic
On 7/24/2021 at 2:39 PM, Confusedboi said:

You can try this place mx tradings, they are having closing down sale, so check with the owner before heading down.

I recently got mobil-one 5w-20 engine oil  for my car, they carry wide range of engine oils at good prices.

https://www.mxtradings.com/ 

Huh... closing down?

That's bad news.

↡ Advertisement