Consolidated Info on MRT/LRT Maintenance & Breakdown Part II

Carbon82

23 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

I would have broken the MRT windows for fresh air..

The emergency exits at the ends of the train cannot access wan meh? I wonder.

Can call SCDF. I think they will be much faster. I mean anything better than to wait 2-3 hrs in a no power train.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

4 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Needed a minister to relay message from a fren to staff...wat kind of emergency protocol...🙄

hmmm .... what is OYK mobile lumbar hah ? next time MRT aircon spoil I also pah message to him ... [;)], its a commuter safety issue too, wait got chiobu faint ... 

maybe mrt long time no breakdown so all forgotten protocols already.

solution : more breakdown drills, learn from SAF one. [laugh]

• Haha! 4

39 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Actually can ask her to walk further down to the next bus stop and it would be easier. I have done that before to pick up my wife. We knew it would be chaotic. Or if there's a petrol kiosk or coffeeshop nearby or what, can at the same time buy some snack and water(cos dinner time) while waiting for me to arrive.

If for me, i would walk away from the affected MRT station to further area to look for taxi etc, or i would just go to find food, sit down eat first then say. No point get stuck at the MRT there. Lol.

2 minutes ago, Blueray said:

hmmm .... what is OYK mobile lumbar hah ? next time MRT aircon spoil I also pah message to him ... [;)], its a commuter safety issue too, wait got chiobu faint ... 

maybe mrt long time no breakdown so all forgotten protocols already.

solution : more breakdown drills, learn from SAF one. [laugh]

11 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Needed a minister to relay message from a fren to staff...wat kind of emergency protocol...🙄

Maybe only when OYK inform to LTA and SMRT, then they would response fast to attend to the unwell passengers? If passengers inform them, you think they would bother to response fast? You see even passengers got stuck inside the train for long long period, they also did not attend to it immediate.

18 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

He is trying to tell you that he has friends from all walks of life. Even ones that take MRT.

• Haha! 2

21 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

The emergency exits at the ends of the train cannot access wan meh? I wonder.

Can call SCDF. I think they will be much faster. I mean anything better than to wait 2-3 hrs in a no power train.

Think passengers cannot access to the emergency exits themselves? Must wait for SMRT staff to come open the exits for them? Cause SMRT staff must ensure that it is safe for the passengers to get off from the train and walk in the track? However, i guess when such breakdown happened, always have to wait super long for the staff to response? And passengers have no choice but to stuck inside the train for hours even there is no power and no air con, dont think SMRT staff would be bother?!

This morning saw from app that PIE, KJE (my usual route to work) also tio massive jam...wow..we peasants want to make a honest living getting to work also tio terkan left right centre be it via trains, buses, taxis or own transport...kaoz...I think I gonna request WFH...

Note: larkily today I rostered to working from home….

Edited by Kyrios

44 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

You tell your wife PIE got chain accident! Jam until siao! Cannot move at all! hahahah

What if his wife check the on board camera? Don't cause divorce rate to go up.

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Think passengers cannot access to the emergency exits themselves? Must wait for SMRT staff to come open the exits for them? Cause SMRT staff must ensure that it is safe for the passengers to get off from the train and walk in the track? However, i guess when such breakdown happened, always have to wait super long for the staff to response? And passengers have no choice but to stuck inside the train for hours even there is no power and no air con, dont think SMRT staff would be bother?!

some thoughts here :-

1. it was a total power failure so not sure if back up lights in the cabin are good enough for one to see and activate the emergency exits.

2. even if can open the emergency exits, walk which direction ? may end up walking the longer way or into another stall train.

so I think its MRT's responsibility to act fast and assist the commuters

3. if got [gorgeous] next to me, what's the hurry ... [:p]

12 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

This morning saw from app that PIE, KJE (my usual route to work) also tio massive jam...wow..we peasants want to make a honest living getting to work also tio terkan left right centre be it via trains, buses, taxis or own transport...kaoz...I think I gonna request WFH...

Note: larkily today I rostered to working from home….

Maybe many people scare this morning train might breakdown again, so all drive to work? [laugh] This is why it is best to stay as near to workplace as possible, guess wfh also not a permanent solution lo.

29 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If for me, i would walk away from the affected MRT station to further area to look for taxi etc, or i would just go to find food, sit down eat first then say. No point get stuck at the MRT there. Lol.

Haiz.  Last time 2015 got the NSEW breakdown.  I was at novena.  I took a bus to bishan hoping the MRT would be functioning by then.

No such luck.

I then met my friend who live in bishan to have coffee.  Knn.   2 hours later still jam...  I reached home very late that day.

No cab no bus  and train started very late.  I later read in the news that some people walked back from town to home.

• Shocked 1

22 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

He is trying to tell you that he has friends from all walks of life. Even ones that take MRT.

Do u tink he got walking dead fren or so? 😁

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Blueray said:

some thoughts here :-

1. it was a total power failure so not sure if back up lights in the cabin are good enough for one to see and activate the emergency exits.

2. even if can open the emergency exits, walk which direction ? may end up walking the longer way or into another stall train.

so I think its MRT's responsibility to act fast and assist the commuters

3. if got [gorgeous] next to me, what's the hurry ... [:p]

Too bad they still do not have a fixed solution when power failure happen. Esp this is not the first time such thing happened liao. I always wonder why they cannot have a backup power in all trains and can activate it when the main power has failed? And everytime when power failure, passengers always have to get stuck inside the train for long period? Looks like even after so many similar/same incidence happened, they still did not resolve on the part how they can act fast and assist commuters who got stuck inside the train?!

8 minutes ago, Beanoyip said:

3hrs to get the passengers out, i think SMRT staff have zero idea what needs to be done or too many red tapes to get approval...

Confirmed they have zero idea what needs to be done, if not such thing would not keeps repeating happening. Everytime when breakdown happen, everytime passengers also need to get stuck inside the train for few hours.

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Too bad they still do not have a fixed solution when power failure happen. Esp this is not the first time such thing happened liao. I always wonder why they cannot have a backup power in all trains and can activate it when the main power has failed? And everytime when power failure, passengers always have to get stuck inside the train for long period? Looks like even after so many similar/same incidence happened, they still did not resolve on the part how they can act fast and assist commuters who got stuck inside the train?!

I wrote in another post.  I think on EV.

If you want to have back up power it means that there will be batteries in the train.

And what if the batteries catch fire like the hybrid taxi? Then its I die you die everyone die literally.

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1