Consolidated Info on MRT/LRT Maintenance & Breakdown Part II

Carbon82

47 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Think passengers cannot access to the emergency exits themselves? Must wait for SMRT staff to come open the exits for them? Cause SMRT staff must ensure that it is safe for the passengers to get off from the train and walk in the track? However, i guess when such breakdown happened, always have to wait super long for the staff to response? And passengers have no choice but to stuck inside the train for hours even there is no power and no air con, dont think SMRT staff would be bother?!

Maybe for safety reason. Like the track dunno got electricity running or not. And what if problem got resolved and train can start moving again. In such scenarios staying inside the train still safer.

I think it's better to have a glass breaker onboard in case of emergency. A hammer with a sharp pointy end.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement

3 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Maybe for safety reason. Like the track dunno got electricity running or not. And what if problem got resolved and train can start moving again. In such scenarios staying inside the train still safer.

If the train still have aircon, staying inside the train even for 3 hours still consider safer lo. But if the train no power no aircon and no fresh air, staying inside the train for 3 hours not completely safe also. Lol.

10 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I wrote in another post.  I think on EV.

If you want to have back up power it means that there will be batteries in the train.

And what if the batteries catch fire like the hybrid taxi? Then its I die you die everyone die literally.

Like that how they are going to push for EV cars few years down the road? If the batteries catches fire so easily, then next time our roads and carpark also become quite dangerous liao?

1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

The transport minister curse has began!!! hhahahaha.

No scare no scare, whether there is a curse or not, the transport minister still continue taking his big fat salary and also continue sitting on his office chair comfortably. Nothing will happen to him de. [rolleyes]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
50 minutes ago, Kopites said:

What if his wife check the on board camera? Don't cause divorce rate to go up.

Is technology cause the divorce rate.

Not me! 🤪

• Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Like that how they are going to push for EV cars few years down the road? If the batteries catches fire so easily, then next time our roads and carpark also become quite dangerous liao?

I wanna say I disagree but after seeing some video footage of hybrid taxi on fire....

Supercharged

The Venerable Seck Hong Choon purportedly said not to build MRT lines as they would upset Singapore's five fengshui dragons. Now got one more loong they lagi upset!

50 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Too bad they still do not have a fixed solution when power failure happen. Esp this is not the first time such thing happened liao. I always wonder why they cannot have a backup power in all trains and can activate it when the main power has failed? And everytime when power failure, passengers always have to get stuck inside the train for long period? Looks like even after so many similar/same incidence happened, they still did not resolve on the part how they can act fast and assist commuters who got stuck inside the train?!

I guess its something like your house MCB. If your house MCB breaker burnt, your whole house electricity will be affected. You will need to isolate the incoming electricity first before doing anything otherwise ownself electrocute ownself. After isolating, need to find/purchase new MCB to replace the faulty MCB. If your house have a spare MCB, then very fast. If your house dont have the same make and model, then you have to wait for supplier to open shop to buy new one.

That is my simple analogy.[grin]

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
36 minutes ago, 13177 said:

No scare no scare, whether there is a curse or not, the transport minister still continue taking his big fat salary and also continue sitting on his office chair comfortably. Nothing will happen to him de. [rolleyes]

Like that I also wanna be transport minister. 😎

I take bus to school, used to take MRT to work, And I drive to meet my clients now.

I am a ground person, I know what the commuters face!

Vote for koba! Koba make you move faster, cheaper and more effiecent! :grin:

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I guess its something like your house MCB. If your house MCB breaker burnt, your whole house electricity will be affected. You will need to isolate the incoming electricity first before doing anything otherwise ownself electrocute ownself. After isolating, need to find/purchase new MCB to replace the faulty MCB. If your house have a spare MCB, then very fast. If your house dont have the same make and model, then you have to wait for supplier to open shop to buy new one.

That is my simple analogy.[grin]

Ok, so got stuck for 3 hours inside train also not SMRT entire fault liao?! [laugh]

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Actually can ask her to walk further down to the next bus stop and it would be easier. I have done that before to pick up my wife. We knew it would be chaotic. Or if there's a petrol kiosk or coffeeshop nearby or what, can at the same time buy some snack and water(cos dinner time) while waiting for me to arrive.

Haha... Same here.... Normal dialogue is 

'walk along road towards x'

'how far?'

'some more'

5 mins later...

'to where?'

'just walk until nobody' 

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Beanoyip said:

The question is why only bridging buses are free, when thousands are waiting to be cleared, if all buses are free, then the crowd can be dispersed quickly..

Actually can board normal buses without tapping fare card.  The last time it happened, we got up a normal bus and driver said no need to tap. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

If the train still have aircon, staying inside the train even for 3 hours still consider safer lo. But if the train no power no aircon and no fresh air, staying inside the train for 3 hours not completely safe also. Lol.

I think they rather disembark then keeping the passengers onboard. Replacing windows not cheap you know. 😁

• Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

No words from ex-chief-of-defense SMRT CEO Neo Kian Hong??

What can he say? Since not the first time such thing happen. Lol.

43 minutes ago, Karoon said:

Haha... Same here.... Normal dialogue is 

'walk along road towards x'

'how far?'

'some more'

5 mins later...

'to where?'

'just walk until nobody' 

Geez. At what age do you live in?

Use Google maps to find what is around you. Once there just send the location to the driver. What's so difficult?

No wonder everytime train breakdown only see so many ppl crowd at the bus stop.

What is the brain for? Got to be told what to do next everytime? No initiative? I sound like the platoon sergeant. LoL... 

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement