Consolidated Info on MRT/LRT Maintenance & Breakdown Part II

Carbon82

Turbocharged
19 hours ago, Babyckh said:

There are many reasons why bus captains drive slow lah.

Mostly by orders from their respectively bus company policy. 

Which BCs don't want to go back to interchange early so that they can rest longer? 

Please note that timing are set by LTA, not by BCs so please don't blame the BCs for going slow. 

If you want to travel fast, I suggest you take a cab. Bus are meant to be slow for safely reasons.

Sis..as I mentioned..I am not asking them to drive like Formula 1..but at a reasonable pace..nowadays the speed is really lackluster. Which is ridiculous..

My car driving and commuting as a bus is now about 50-50 ratio. So roughly I know what is the requisite speed for even a slow poke bus driver. Is way too slow. Yesterday at the bus stop during peak periods I saw a bus driver had to horn his fellow bus driver in front of him for stopping at the bus stop doing those crazy time wasting antics which I mentioned because obviously there was a long queue of buses waiting behind to disembark passengers and this selfish time wasting driver was just preventing his fellow colleagues from doing what a bus driver should do, allowing passengers to get off efficiently at the bus stop.

You are right..you pay for what you get, if you are in a rush, I agree take a cab...but what I am saying...currently too many time wasters who are operating below the normal threshold..sub par performance even for that small quantum one is paying in terms of fares 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Kyrios said:

Yesterday at the bus stop during peak periods I saw a bus driver had to horn his fellow bus driver in front of him for stopping at the bus stop doing those crazy time wasting antics which I mentioned because obviously there was a long queue of buses waiting behind to disembark passengers and this selfish time wasting driver was just preventing his fellow colleagues from doing what a bus driver should do, allowing passengers to get off efficiently at the bus stop.

There are many reasons why a BC had to stop longer than necessary at a busy bus stop.

1. Wheelchair passenger need boarding and alighting.

2. Passengers asking for direction.

3. Elderly boarding and walking to their seat.

4. Many passengers boarding during peak hours.

Those who honk in the bus stops are usually newbie drivers or impatient drivers. 

currently too many time wasters who are operating below the normal threshold..sub par performance even for that small quantum one is paying in terms of fares 

You are hitting a boat of people with a bamboo stick.

So you had been sitting at every bus-stop observing BCs?

How many time wasters have you encounter?

During Peak or Off-peak?

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, Kyrios said:

Rooks like today evening got a NEL problem but no state controlled media picked this up?

Read it on ZaoBao

Turbocharged
(edited)

Based on preliminary investigations, there was a software issue with the signalling system, said the authority.

"As a precaution to rectify the fault, SMRT and Thales engineers rebooted the system after morning peak hour service," said LTA.

Classic IT-support move

9b01966ce861c931d946235c72a26422f48086014d7746b5a71fb5030c779d2d.jpg

Edited by Karoon

Turbocharged
On 4/1/2021 at 12:07 PM, Watwheels said:

Oh boy, this is back...

Good luck to those taking trains. Maybe ask your boss to extend working from home.

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/x-ray-scans-body-checks-be-introduced-selected-mrt-stations-april-1

20210401_airportchecks_fb.jpg?itok=DDixz

X-ray scans, body checks to be introduced at selected MRT stations from April 1

When you have ex-military men running train operation,  security is their area of expertise which they can try to chip in and "contribute" to he system.

Pattern more than badminton?

Next time take train, please remember to bring along your passport.

Turbocharged
On 3/31/2021 at 10:26 AM, Babyckh said:

There are many reasons why a BC had to stop longer than necessary at a busy bus stop.

1. Wheelchair passenger need boarding and alighting.

2. Passengers asking for direction.

3. Elderly boarding and walking to their seat.

4. Many passengers boarding during peak hours.

Those who honk in the bus stops are usually newbie drivers or impatient drivers. 

currently too many time wasters who are operating below the normal threshold..sub par performance even for that small quantum one is paying in terms of fares 

You are hitting a boat of people with a bamboo stick.

So you had been sitting at every bus-stop observing BCs?

How many time wasters have you encounter?

During Peak or Off-peak?

I want to believe buses have to follow a schedule. otherwise how to know when is the next bus coming. With this fixed schedule, unlike train, they are subject to traffic condition. So, driver needs to adjust speed accordingly to road condition to meet the schedule. Fast or slow is all to meet schedule lah. 

Train service between Ang Mo Kio and Yishun MRT stations disrupted after commuter climbed onto tracks

SINGAPORE — Train services between Ang Mo Kio and Yishun MRT stations on the North-South Line were disrupted at about 1.55pm for about 25 minutes on Monday (Aug 2), after a female commuter climbed over the half-height platform screen doors at Yio Chu Kang station before walking on the tracks. 

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/train-service-between-ang-mo-kio-and-yishun-stations-disrupted-after-commuter-climbs

• Sad 1

Train fault causing delays between Bugis and Outram MRT stations

SINGAPORE - If you are taking the train on Wednesday morning (Aug 25), you might want to avoid the East-West Line.

Operator SMRT has announced that a train fault is causing delays between Bugis and Outram stations. The congestion in the city centre portion of the line is in the direction of Tuas.

SMRT said at 7.20am that the delay was about 15 minutes, but commuters who were on affected trains tweeted in response that it was much longer, at closer to 30 minutes, and was affecting a longer stretch of the line.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/train-fault-between-bugis-and-outram-mrt-stations

• Praise 3

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Train breakdown come back liao after more people are allowed to go back to office? Lol.

ppl put on weight during WFH.

[flowerface]

• Haha! 2

Track fault at HarbourFront station cleared: SBS Transit

SINGAPORE - A track fault held up the morning commute for passengers travelling on the North East Line on Thursday (Sept 2).

Operator SBS Transit announced on Twitter at 8.52am that a track fault at HarbourFront would add 10 minutes of travel time to all commuters along the North East Line. The delay was extended to 20 mins at 9.11am.

At 9.21am, the operator said that the track fault has been cleared and the train service is back to normal.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/track-fault-at-harbourfront-station-causes-delay-along-the-north-east-line

• Praise 1

For an old system, breakdowns are normal as long as the fault don't keep repeating. The same fault should never appear in the new system. However, it seem each department is working in silo like a snake with no head. Army general are good with structured organization handled to them. A messy one needs people on the field, handon type.

↡ Advertisement