Consolidated Info on MRT/LRT Maintenance & Breakdown Part II

Carbon82

11 hours ago, 13177 said:

Heard over the news that he is suggesting to have long train intervals during off peak?! Wonder here have off peak meh? I find the train always crowded throughout the day? Lol.

Yesterday, i took train to Raffles Place around 2pm.  A lot of ppl but NOT crowded.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Yesterday morning city hall to raffles place train cannot move for few minutes around 8.30 am. Some doors issue i heard. A stretch between the 2 stations also very jerky and noisy. Have been that way for a long time. Maybe good smrt let other operators run certain section like our bus to see why they are not as efficient. 

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

Yesterday morning city hall to raffles place train cannot move for few minutes around 8.30 am. Some doors issue i heard. A stretch between the 2 stations also very jerky and noisy. Have been that way for a long time. Maybe good smrt let other operators run certain section like our bus to see why they are not as efficient. 

Think smrt would tell you Jerky and noisy but no breakdown consider very good liao. At least the train is moving. Lol. 

I remember there was one period the train jerky, like move and stop move and stop motion, i sit until nearly dizzy. 😓

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Kyrios said:

Lai liao fare increase cuming...min 7%

Mai spread fake news.

The next adjustment will be in December.  The quantum will be dependant on fare formula.

All these information is available from PTC webby.

Is this considered as breakdown or delay? I guess it's the latter so A Cow can continue to big cannon that they have achieved >1 million km without breakdown. this one not counted

• Praise 1

10 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Aiya, just say delay and running slow. Why play with words?

Buangkok.thumb.jpg.b777ac7d73a4ee24257ec992ec9bc46a.jpg

Wah..potential ground for birus to run amok!!

Nobody cares about MRT breakdown anymore? Many working from home, driving or taking private transport now? :D:D

North East Line hit by power fault; no regular train service between Punggol and Buangkok MRT stations

nmsengkang2702.jpg

rk_nelcommuters_270220.jpg

fhbuangkok27.jpg

SINGAPORE - There is no regular train service between Punggol and Buangkok MRT stations on the North East Line on Thursday morning (Feb 27) due to a power fault.

SBS Transit said in a tweet at about 6am that the regular train service on the NEL is available only between Harbourfront and Buangkok MRT stations.

It said in the tweet that it is providing a shuttle train service on one platform between Punggol and Buangkok MRT stations, but it did not state the service frequency. 

It is also providing free regular and bridging bus services between both stations.

At 10.40am, SBS Transit tweeted that it has stopped the train service between Hougang and Punggol MRT stations to repair the power fault. 

It added that a shuttle train service will replace regular train services between Serangoon and Hougang MRT stations.

Train services between Harbourfront and Serangoon MRT stations will run at nine-minute intervals, it said.

"Please add extra travel time," it tweeted.

A commuter who gave her name as Rosy said she set off for work from Sengkang MRT station later than usual, at about 10.30am, after learning about the delay in the morning. 

“I thought normally the delays will only last for two hours, but now it’s 10.30 and it’s still delayed,” she said.

Mr Chew Zhi Kang, 30, was one of the commuters who were turned away at Buangkok MRT Station after SBS Transit stopped all train services there for repair works. 

“The (service staff) said (the service) was only down from Punggol to Buangkok, so I thought it was safe to take from Buangkok," said the engineer. “It’s a bit shocking, I just missed the bridging bus and I never expected it to last for so long.” 

Some commuters said that the directions given by SBS Transit staff were confusing.

A housewife who asked to be identified as Jerry said she mistakenly hopped onto a wrong shuttle train at Sengkang MRT station. 

“I just couldn’t catch what they said,” she said. "The signboards at the stations were not displaying the train’s end destinations, and commuters had to rely on the service staff’s announcements to figure out where each train was headed."

University undergraduate Angie Peh, 20, said that she was directed by SBS Transit staff to take the free bridging bus service to Buangkok MRT station to hop on the NEL, but discovered to her dismay that the station was closed when she reached. 

“They have a lot of staff helping to redirect people so that’s good, but for the older generation, some are very confused," she said.

The service disruption is still ongoing.

• Praise 7

49 minutes ago, 13177 said:

People now too occupied with the covid-19, no one bother about breakdown on MRT liao?! Lol.

its the worst time to have breakdown, all ppl jam together for no good reason..

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1