Consolidated Info on MRT/LRT Maintenance & Breakdown Part II

Carbon82

On 3/29/2023 at 10:22 PM, Kyrios said:

NEL is down this evening...many breakerdowns recently..beware

This one no report? 😅

Train breakdowns are back once everyone is back to normal life. It proven that out train system cannot handle the high numbers of commuters. [sweatdrop] So how to go car-lite?

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Somehow we keep hearing 'signalling' problems. Maybe good to give what is this problem and why it doesn't seem to be able to resolve. Something that will be inherent and permanently there? 

On 3/30/2023 at 8:30 AM, Victor68 said:

Somehow we keep hearing 'signalling' problems. Maybe good to give what is this problem and why it doesn't seem to be able to resolve. Something that will be inherent and permanently there? 

Bluff children still can lah. Someone already mentioned it's a "deep seated" problem, dont think it is easy to fix and can be fixed overnight. Sad to say this but we are stuck with this kind of problem permanantly.

Next time just announce over the air "deep seated fault" can already. We will know what it means.

Edited by Watwheels

On 3/30/2023 at 9:18 PM, Watwheels said:

Bluff children still can lah. Someone already mentioned it's a "deep seated" problem, dont think it is easy to fix and can be fixed overnight. Sad to say this but we are stuck with this kind of problem permanantly.

Next time just announce over the air "deep seated fault" can already. We will know what it means.

But why this 'deep seated'' problem never happens when the capacity on the train is low le? You dont see train got breakdown during the covid period or when most people still WFH. 😂

• Praise 1

On 3/30/2023 at 9:18 PM, Watwheels said:

True, if it is specifically signal, surely there are solutions. They should just vaguely say technical problems. This is a more standard excuse. 😆

MRT fault causes disruption for more than 2 hours on Circle Line

SINGAPORE – A signalling system fault affected train services for more than two hours on the Circle Line (CCL) on Friday afternoon.

It was the first major disruption on the CCL in 2023. At one point, commuters had to deal with delays of up to 40 minutes between Dhoby Ghaut/ Marina Bay and Paya Lebar MRT stations.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/mrt-signal-fault-causes-30min-delay-on-circle-line-between-dhoby-ghaut-and-paya-lebar

On 4/7/2023 at 5:37 PM, 13177 said:

Like that how. On normal work day have signal fault problem. Today is PH also can happen signal fault?! 😅

they heard you. so now they have replaced parts. :XD:

SMRT replacing faulty parts in signalling system after 2-hour disruption on Circle Line

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/mrt-signal-fault-causes-30min-delay-on-circle-line-between-dhoby-ghaut-and-paya-lebar

• Haha! 2

Supersonic
On 4/9/2023 at 9:24 AM, Blueray said:

they heard you. so now they have replaced parts. :XD:

SMRT replacing faulty parts in signalling system after 2-hour disruption on Circle Line

Cannot la, only wait for signal fault to happen then replace parts. They dont know what is called preventative maintenance ah. 😅

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
(edited)

After my trip to NYC last year, I felt our MRT system is really world class.

My daughter is studying there and complaint of their subway delay every other days. 

Their train not just delay, dirty, noisy, smelly for some... basically the worst among all the country I had visited. Train station like sauna during summer. And most station has no lift or escalators.  A nightmare when I travel with my luggage. 

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 5

Supersonic
On 4/9/2023 at 9:50 AM, Tohto said:

After my trip to NYC last year, I felt our MRT system is really world class.

My daughter is studying there and complaint of their subway delay every other days. 

Their train not just delay, dirty, noisy, smelly for some... basically the worst among all the country I had visited. Train station like sauna during summer. And most station has no lift or escalators.  A nightmare when I travel with my luggage. 

Now i know why train in sg even got issues, seems like never able to resolve or there is no need to resolve, cause we are comparing with train system worst than us. No wonder they always say our public transport is world class. 🙄 😂

• Praise 1

(edited)
On 4/9/2023 at 11:47 AM, 13177 said:

Now i know why train in sg even got issues, seems like never able to resolve or there is no need to resolve, cause we are comparing with train system worst than us. No wonder they always say our public transport is world class. 🙄 😂

This is how the horse mouth keeps portraying, we are better than worst. :D  

Edited by jcmm

Hypersonic
On 4/9/2023 at 11:47 AM, 13177 said:

Japan and Taiwan train is good. 

Shanghai and Beijing Mrt also good. 

From a user perspective, definitely ZERO breakdowns.

From engineering perspective, it is always mean kilometer between failure.

That's the point where maintenance needs to be done.

Currently, it stands btw 1.5m km and 2m km (based on breakdown more than 5 minutes.).

Lastly, are we producing enough engineers to maintain these infra?

Supersonic
On 4/9/2023 at 12:50 PM, inlinesix said:

From a user perspective, definitely ZERO breakdowns.

From engineering perspective, it is always mean kilometer between failure.

That's the point where maintenance needs to be done.

Currently, it stands btw 1.5m km and 2m km (based on breakdown more than 5 minutes.).

Lastly, are we producing enough engineers to maintain these infra?

Sometimes it is not about how many engineers we have, but how good quality are these engineers. Even we can have enough of engineers but cannot make it also no use. 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2