2020 BMW iX3 (G08)

inlinesix

d0o8hgT.png

@jasonboh you better nego hard if you are interested. $90K margin is simply too much... And look at the PARF value, just $17K, vs about $29K for the entry level X3 xDrive20i.

• Praise 6

$298,888 may not be the nett price for iX3 now. There is usually an over trade amount, ranging from $20-50k.

For eg. currently, the e200 is having a $50k over trade promo. 

• Praise 3

(edited)

I am really keen in iX3 impressive and would like to seek guidance from the group here. 
Can someone teach me how to “negotiate hard”? Given that 5 series overtrade is at $50k, the current one they gave me is only $4k which I sincerely don’t believe it’s their best. I would appreciate help from anyone that can guide me into getting the best deal please. Thanks in advance. I am currently driving a 2014 F30 316i

Edited by jasonboh

Supersonic
(edited)

3 and 5 series are classified as BnB “saloon” and normally attract higher “overtrade” 

Coupes/GC and X-series are classified as “lifestyle” car for people who has $$$ to throw …

but $4K overtrade sounds miserable … at least $5K la … lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2

Supercharged
On 5/6/2022 at 11:12 AM, jasonboh said:

@Carbon82 Thanks bro, the profit margin is so high. 
Do you have any advice? Should we bring in ourselves or look for a certain PI to do it?

Buy another brand car if you don't wanna feed 90k profit to Sime Darby

• Praise 2

36 minutes ago, t0y0ta said:

Buy another brand car if you don't wanna feed 90k profit to Sime Darby

& BMW Asia

@Melody288 the last I checked in Dec 2021, overtrade is barely $15K for the iX3, and if I were to compare to the trade-in price of my car offered by the other ADs (before applying overtrade), C&C trade-in price was between $7 - 10K lower, so the effective overtrade is <$10K in my case. Overtrade works best for those car nearing the end of life of COE.

@Wt_know chip shortage affects the supply (and allocation) of cars to each and every AD, and I even have SE who told me straight in my face that their company would go for quality sales (read: high margin) than quantity (lelong to chiong sales figures). I was told iX3 shipment for next 1 - 2 shipment was fully booked, so there's simply no need for higher overtrade or discount.

@jasonboh unfortunately, as what I have shared above, $15K seems to be the max (on paper) for the iX3, else I might have went for it last year. Not to sway your decision but if your budget permit, do go next door to take a look at the EQC. Price is higher, but with higher OMV and overtrade (was told about $30K), the profit margin is lower in comparison and annual depreciation is marginally higher than the iX3.

1sU3wHj.png

The built quality is generally better than iX3 (my only gripe is the lightness of the rear doors, which sounds and feel very "Japanese" when I close it), but lack the panoramic sunroof (almost a must have for me and my family). I did not go for any test drive since the car is out of my budget (just don't want to make myself miserable, lusting for the car after a test drive).

GOBGB2I.jpg

8hIOgZ4.jpg

• Praise 7

@Carbon82 I tested EQC, Audi E-tron and iX3, the handling and overall quality for iX3 simply was better in my opinion. Though the design is a little behind compared to the other 2, practicality wise, iX3 is good enough and it is also the cheaper option compared to the other 2.

Thanks for your help in analyzing, I guess it is only better to buy from them when they do not have fully booked orders.

• Praise 1

@jasonboh if you are serious in committing and not already done so, my suggestion is to lay down your terms (e.g. $XXk over-trade etc) to the SE together with your credit card to show that you are serious. Typically, the real negotiation will begin from there.... Good luck!

On 5/7/2022 at 9:11 PM, jasonboh said:

I am really keen in iX3 impressive and would like to seek guidance from the group here. 
Can someone teach me how to “negotiate hard”? Given that 5 series overtrade is at $50k, the current one they gave me is only $4k which I sincerely don’t believe it’s their best. I would appreciate help from anyone that can guide me into getting the best deal please. Thanks in advance. I am currently driving a 2014 F30 316i

• Praise 4

Supercharged
On 5/8/2022 at 12:18 PM, Carbon82 said:

@Melody288 the last I checked in Dec 2021, overtrade is barely $15K for the iX3, and if I were to compare to the trade-in price of my car offered by the other ADs (before applying overtrade), C&C trade-in price was between $7 - 10K lower, so the effective overtrade is <$10K in my case. Overtrade works best for those car nearing the end of life of COE.

@Wt_know chip shortage affects the supply (and allocation) of cars to each and every AD, and I even have SE who told me straight in my face that their company would go for quality sales (read: high margin) than quantity (lelong to chiong sales figures). I was told iX3 shipment for next 1 - 2 shipment was fully booked, so there's simply no need for higher overtrade or discount.

@jasonboh unfortunately, as what I have shared above, $15K seems to be the max (on paper) for the iX3, else I might have went for it last year. Not to sway your decision but if your budget permit, do go next door to take a look at the EQC. Price is higher, but with higher OMV and overtrade (was told about $30K), the profit margin is lower in comparison and annual depreciation is marginally higher than the iX3.

1sU3wHj.png

The built quality is generally better than iX3 (my only gripe is the lightness of the rear doors, which sounds and feel very "Japanese" when I close it), but lack the panoramic sunroof (almost a must have for me and my family). I did not go for any test drive since the car is out of my budget (just don't want to make myself miserable, lusting for the car after a test drive).

GOBGB2I.jpg

8hIOgZ4.jpg

EQC is a gen0.5 EV.

Basically similar to iX3 they add the battery and motor to existing chassis designed for petrol.

What is different is that it gets much worse energy efficiency and range compared to iX3, which was released around much later than EQC, so gets more efficient motors and better battery.

@jasonboh can bro, u take out CC is to show you are keen, as long as they meet what you want , or a real nego , then why not?

if everything doesnt fit your budget, if cos you wont sign. no harm one. but of cos dont be that ridiculous can liao if not your name might be spread in the whole auto world lol.

• Praise 2

On 5/8/2022 at 12:18 PM, Carbon82 said:

1sU3wHj.png

GOBGB2I.jpg

8hIOgZ4.jpg

Sliding sunroof (i assume its a full length panoramic one) is a $5k option. Need to indent and wait. 

C&C really sibeh ngiao, $350k car liao still want to cut specs here and there. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Just now, Lethalstrike said:

Sliding sunroof (i assume its a full length panoramic one) is a $5k option. Need to indent and wait. 

C&C really sibeh ngiao, $350k car liao still want to cut specs here and there. 

LOL!

My Mini has 2 piece panoramic sunroof.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3