2020 BMW iX3 (G08)

inlinesix

22 hours ago, Dannnn said:

@coffeeblack what makes u choose the iX3 over x3? high mileage / running cost?

I was always gonna switch to electric on my next car. I am currently driving a Serena and the regen braking is addictive. I also don’t need the 7 seats anymore. At the start of the pandemic I thought ok, maybe can ferry around my folks or what not, but that never really was something I did a lot of. So a medium family car sized car is perfect for me. I cannot Imagine going back full time to ICE (in fact when I drive my dads E class it feels so laggy… like step, pause for turbo to spool and then move…)

I got 12k overtrade, and sold back my Serena at purchase price. 

I knew about the facelift ix3 but my suspicion is that the spec of the facelift version will no longer be the launch spec. Coz it is seriously heavily specced now. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, coffeeblack said:

I was always gonna switch to electric on my next car. I am currently driving a Serena and the regen braking is addictive. I also don’t need the 7 seats anymore. At the start of the pandemic I thought ok, maybe can ferry around my folks or what not, but that never really was something I did a lot of. So a medium family car sized car is perfect for me. I cannot Imagine going back full time to ICE (in fact when I drive my dads E class it feels so laggy… like step, pause for turbo to spool and then move…)

I knew about the facelift ix3 but my suspicion is that the spec of the facelift version will no longer be the launch spec. Coz it is seriously heavily specced now. 

Congrats, I am also impressed with the iX3 current high specs and reasonable pricing.

Do you know what is the WLTP range based on SG road condition?

On 7/28/2021 at 11:04 PM, Melody288 said:

Congrats, I am also impressed with the iX3 current high specs and reasonable pricing.

Do you know what is the WLTP range based on SG road condition?

Indicated 360 at 100% charge

@inlinesix @Dannnn @Melody288 I almost fall off the chair when I get to know the actual OMV of the top spec iX3! Substantially lower than its competitors, and a mere $1K more than the xDrive30i, which has better performance (6.3sec, 240Km/h - xDrive30i vs 6.8s, 180Km/h - iX3).

4V22Nd9.png* The iX3 come with free charger and installation which is worth up to $3k as claimed by the SE 

Have a short test drive today and have to say the drive of iX3 is indeed very intoxicating, the instantaneous pickup, enhanced braking performance, low NHV, etc. make the car feel a class above other petrol equivalent model. The only thing I dislike is the overly light steering feel which also fall short in feedback during city driving (slightly better when on highway).

BTW, confirmed from SE that the facelift model (in M Sport trim) will be available for Dec shipment (manufacturing date late Oct to early Nov), but price will be higher at ~$260K (tentative pricing, open for booking soon).

• Praise 9
  • Haha! 1

@Carbon82 is the iX3 selling at 253k? As in after the Ot etc or does it go lower? 
the x3 30i list price 290k but i believe the selling price is about 250k or thereabout, with depre maybe 22k or 23k.  As far as i know x3 20i during june can go as low as 200k ish below 210k. 
no doubt EV is addicting for torque, but ICE will always be a better drive in this case due to engine sound etc. 
since not many of the buyer stay landed, they should consider convert the free charger to service credit or so, or give them charging credit.

23 hours ago, inlinesix said:

@Carbon82 In term of depreciation, it is more ex than Tesla Model 3 AWD with autopilot.

On the other hand, Ix3 interior looks more chio than Tesla.

While I agree that Tesla 3 has lower annual depreciation, but it is not an apple-to-apple comparison as they are of different vehicle type (sedan vs SUV), and spec are quite different too. 

In the SUV class, barring overtrade and other form of discounts, iX3 has the lowest depreciation among the 3 German made (as well as Jaguar I-Pace which I have excluded in the cost breakdown table). 

I believe the price will continue to soften, with lower manufacturing cost and more competition in the next 2 years.

23 hours ago, Dannnn said:

@Carbon82 is the iX3 selling at 253k? As in after the Ot etc or does it go lower? 
the x3 30i list price 290k but i believe the selling price is about 250k or thereabout, with depre maybe 22k or 23k.  As far as i know x3 20i during june can go as low as 200k ish below 210k. 
no doubt EV is addicting for torque, but ICE will always be a better drive in this case due to engine sound etc. 
since not many of the buyer stay landed, they should consider convert the free charger to service credit or so, or give them charging credit.

$253K is the RRP, before overtrade, financial rebate and other discounts / perks. I didn't probe further as I am not really to commit at this point of time. The availability of charging points (and variation in the electricity charges at different charging facilities, which can be more than double between them) is one of my biggest concerns since I don't stay in landed property.

I am actually OK with the lack of nice engine note, yet not quite with the lower top speed (although I don't get to hit the max speed unless when travelling up north). Have to say the trim and features of the iX3 is very attractive when compare to the barebone sDrive20i, which is in the same price range and depreciation. 

Honestly, after knowing the actual OMV, I don't find the iX3 VFM from annual depreciation perspective. I am aware that the current pre-LCI X3 were sold at between $202K (sDrive20i xLine) - $207K (sDrive20i M Sport) nett in June, before the VES surcharge increase by $5K in July 2021. With reference to the basic car cost I have tabulated, there is a fair chance for the iX3 to be sold at the X3 clearance price in time to come, so I will just wait.

• Praise 9

On 7/28/2021 at 9:50 PM, coffeeblack said:

Congrats bro. I’m in quite a similar situation as you. In fact, I also own a Serena now. The instantaneous torque means I will be buying electric from now on.

Do you mind sharing the price you bought at? I am still leaning towards Tesla M3 because of the price. Assuming it’s $240k for iX3 after discount, it’s still a whopping $70k more. But I would probably prefer an SUV and the “iPad controls everything” pattern of the Tesla is probably too high tech for me. Still prefers buttons to press 

(edited)
35 minutes ago, Dannnn said:

seems like 30i road tax cheaper.

image.thumb.png.cf5511920ce24a03b8a6f60708d716e1.png

For EV, upfront cost (road tax) is higher. It will even out when mileage increase.

For ICE, upfront cost is lower. It will increase when mileage increase.

As compared to X3 xdrive30, it will take 30k km to breakeven.

As compared to X3 xdrive40, it will take 8.5k km to breakeven.

ix3 hp is in btw xdrive30 and M40.

Edited by inlinesix

7 hours ago, inlinesix said:

Initially I thought it was X3 until I pay more attention.

Rear diffuser looks ugly.

E07795B5-E7DB-4435-8F77-1DEC2D043AE9.jpeg

What to expect? The iX3 is based 100% on the X3, with minor details to tell both of them apart. When I sit in the cabin, except for the blue colour trim on the steering wheel, gear knob and push start button, the rest are identical to the standard X3. :D

bmw_ix3_99.jpg

bmw_x3_xdrive30d_xline_9.jpg

2 hours ago, Dannnn said:

30i road tax cheaper 😕

image.thumb.png.cf5511920ce24a03b8a6f60708d716e1.png

LTA website did not reflect the new road tax for EV from 2022. Based on the new EV road tax (see table below), the iX3 annual road tax should be $1,448 before the additional flat component.

zcztx8R.png

As for the flat component fee (see table below), it is meant to offset the petrol duty, which range from $0.66/Ltr (RON95 and below) to $0.79 (RON97 and above).

RlhypcH.png

$400 flat component fee translate to ~506L to 606L of petrol in a year. Assuming an average FC of 11Km/L, that mean one would need to travel between 5,570Km to 6,667Km to reach breakeven point.

From 2023, when the flat component fee increase to the max of $700, the breakeven mileage would work out to be between 9,747Km to 11,667Km. And that is before taking into consideration that the average cost of electric charges is much lower than petrol price, so it is a zero sum game imo.

• Praise 6

45 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

What to expect? The iX3 is based 100% on the X3, with minor details to tell both of them apart. When I sit in the cabin, except for the blue colour trim on the steering wheel, gear knob and push start button, the rest are identical to the standard X3. :D

bmw_ix3_99.jpg

bmw_x3_xdrive30d_xline_9.jpg

LTA website did not reflect the new road tax for EV from 2022. Based on the new EV road tax (see table below), the iX3 annual road tax should be $1,448 before the additional flat component.

zcztx8R.png

As for the flat component fee (see table below), it is meant to offset the petrol duty, which range from $0.66/Ltr (RON95 and below) to $0.79 (RON97 and above).

RlhypcH.png

$400 flat component fee translate to ~506L to 606L of petrol in a year. Assuming an average FC of 11Km/L, that mean one would need to travel between 5,570Km to 6,667Km to reach breakeven point.

From 2023, when the flat component fee increase to the max of $700, the breakeven mileage would work out to be between 9,747Km to 11,667Km. And that is before taking into consideration that the average cost of electric charges is much lower than petrol price, so it is a zero sum game imo.

Left Hand give you rebate. Right hand take back money.

SG Government 101.😅

↡ Advertisement