2020 BMW iX3 (G08)

inlinesix

On 8/1/2021 at 9:00 PM, Carbon82 said:

@inlinesix @Dannnn @Melody288 I almost fall off the chair when I get to know the actual OMV of the top spec iX3! Substantially lower than its competitors, and a mere $1K more than the xDrive30i, which has better performance (6.3sec, 240Km/h - xDrive30i vs 6.8s, 180Km/h - iX3).

4V22Nd9.png* The iX3 come with free charger and installation which is worth up to $3k as claimed by the SE 

Have a short test drive today and have to say the drive of iX3 is indeed very intoxicating, the instantaneous pickup, enhanced braking performance, low NHV, etc. make the car feel a class above other petrol equivalent model. The only thing I dislike is the overly light steering feel which also fall short in feedback during city driving (slightly better when on highway).

BTW, confirmed from SE that the facelift model (in M Sport trim) will be available for Dec shipment (manufacturing date late Oct to early Nov), but price will be higher at ~$260K (tentative pricing, open for booking soon).

Indeed surprising the OMV for iX3 is that low.  Comparing it with a "non-luxury" EV like Hyundai Kona Electric (64 kWH), the OMV is about 48K but the drive away price is about 155K. The corresponding markup is about 15-20K.

2 hours ago, Joe_X123 said:

Indeed surprising the OMV for iX3 is that low.  Comparing it with a "non-luxury" EV like Hyundai Kona Electric (64 kWH), the OMV is about 48K but the drive away price is about 155K. The corresponding markup is about 15-20K.

Waiting for PI to offer iX3 at $200k.

Seriously no point to stick to authorized agent if not much maintenance is required

• Praise 3

B37DqHu.jpg

@Dannnn From my observations, onemotoring / LTA is not really a real time system, meaning it will not be updated with the planned changes in tax structure until it hit the actual date (but the funny things that for increment, it seems to be real time). Anyway to answer to your question, any overpayment will be deducted from the next payment cycle.

Ahem, so for buyer who collected their car in Dec this year, since PML will be paying the full annual road tax of ~$2300+ (taking into consideration the 15% road tax rebate given from 1 Aug to 31st July next year), they will be paying much lesser when they renew their road tax in end 2022 (~$1K or lesser to be precise).

• Praise 7

1 hour ago, Spurman said:

What might be the best overtrade or discount off price list for this. Hee

one of the bros gotten over trade for his relatively new mpv.Screenshot_2021-08-07-14-15-37-10_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.thumb.jpg.4ce0845cb8db396b8fbff4a18608ef9d.jpg

• Praise 2

On 8/5/2021 at 3:25 PM, inlinesix said:

Initially I thought it was X3 until I pay more attention.

Rear diffuser looks ugly.

E07795B5-E7DB-4435-8F77-1DEC2D043AE9.jpeg

Besides the rear diffuser, the design of the rims is 🤮

• Haha! 2

Supercharged
On 8/5/2021 at 8:29 PM, Fitmugen said:

Congrats bro. I’m in quite a similar situation as you. In fact, I also own a Serena now. The instantaneous torque means I will be buying electric from now on.

Do you mind sharing the price you bought at? I am still leaning towards Tesla M3 because of the price. Assuming it’s $240k for iX3 after discount, it’s still a whopping $70k more. But I would probably prefer an SUV and the “iPad controls everything” pattern of the Tesla is probably too high tech for me. Still prefers buttons to press 

I saw a red/light red tesla 3. Finally in flesh while turning into kallang. Decathalon. Hee.

Cb. Looks underwhelmed. Maybe the color. Maybe the roundy look. Haiz.

Looks worse than those seen from youtube.

No doubt the car is fast. Is a tesla. But heck. The looks. Knn. I need to change the bumpers. ZHENG it to overhaul the exterior

• Haha! 3

17 hours ago, Spurman said:

I saw a red/light red tesla 3. Finally in flesh while turning into kallang. Decathalon. Hee.

Cb. Looks underwhelmed. Maybe the color. Maybe the roundy look. Haiz.

Looks worse than those seen from youtube.

No doubt the car is fast. Is a tesla. But heck. The looks. Knn. I need to change the bumpers. ZHENG it to overhaul the exterior

Haha, actually I kinda agree with you.

but I am not in for the looks, nor the speed, nor the brand.

it’s more the value for money and resale value. Right now, there is no EV in Singapore can offers such a good deal. If authorized dealers insist on earning obscene profit margins, one suspects Tesla will always be the best selling EV here, especially after they launch even cheaper models like Model 2

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Fitmugen said:

Haha, actually I kinda agree with you.

but I am not in for the looks, nor the speed, nor the brand.

it’s more the value for money and resale value. Right now, there is no EV in Singapore can offers such a good deal. If authorized dealers insist on earning obscene profit margins, one suspects Tesla will always be the best selling EV here, especially after they launch even cheaper models like Model 2

Tesla 3 is seriously the most value fot money electric one can buy in singapore.

Its branded in a way. Not in luxury level. But in equipment and innovation levels. The desirability to own one. But opps. The looks of it. Meh. Haiz.

But the speed on paper is insane. Sports car speed like. Hee.

Cant speed here though. But to run on nshw with this tesla is wow wow wow.

Although it is just a minor change, the interior of the facelift iX3 look much better imo.

M Sport steering wheel and pedal

bmw_ix3_23.jpg

Sleeker gear knob and buttons

bmw_ix3_930.jpg

12.5" display

bmw_ix3_844.jpg

And not forgetting the new 20" aerodynamic rim

bmw_ix3_812.jpg

• Praise 7

imo , 12.5" disply vs 10inc, 10inc is more proportionate. Based on the 520i sport vs 520 luxury , thus i prefer the 10inc if function is exactly the same.

• Praise 1

Maybe I am just too practical and justify it with the fact that it’s cheaper than regular X3 with better drive and good practicality. 

after all the wild Tesla stories I am not gonna buy one until they sort their manufacturing issues out. Just coz the share price is high doesn’t mean the product is good…

• Praise 2

On 8/11/2021 at 4:00 PM, Carbon82 said:

Although it is just a minor change, the interior of the facelift iX3 look much better imo.

M Sport steering wheel and pedal

bmw_ix3_23.jpg

Sleeker gear knob and buttons

bmw_ix3_930.jpg

12.5" display

bmw_ix3_844.jpg

And not forgetting the new 20" aerodynamic rim

bmw_ix3_812.jpg

Honestly if I had to pay more for this… I am good with the standard design. It’s just the right amount of different for me.

On 8/5/2021 at 8:29 PM, Fitmugen said:

Congrats bro. I’m in quite a similar situation as you. In fact, I also own a Serena now. The instantaneous torque means I will be buying electric from now on.

Do you mind sharing the price you bought at? I am still leaning towards Tesla M3 because of the price. Assuming it’s $240k for iX3 after discount, it’s still a whopping $70k more. But I would probably prefer an SUV and the “iPad controls everything” pattern of the Tesla is probably too high tech for me. Still prefers buttons to press 

Hi!

so for me it was practical. Yes Tesla has a lower upfront, and yes more power. But long run I think BMW has the stronger brand, presence and likely resale value. I am also very concerned about the electrical gremlins Teslas seem to develop.

I also think I prefer the SUV shape better, so ultimately the Ioniq 5 or iX3 were my main choices. I had a lobang with BMW, and the timing was right so I took the dive.

if pricing is an issue for you I really loved the reviews I’ve been seeing of Ioniq 5 and it will likely be a much more mainstream price. So that’s a good alternative, hell probably actually a better choice given the huge space and compact size… but I am happy with my iX3 hehe. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1