2018 / 2019 7th Generation Lexus ES

Carbon82

I have somewhat succeeded to post photos here. Tomorrow there's a party for the new ES at the Ramintra dealership. I will be attending I was told they will feature different colours of ES. Since I now know how to post photos here I will post some photos tomorrow.

Oh guys I hope you don't mind me sharing about Lexus in Thailand as I live here. If anyone of you think I should not because this is a Singapore forum I will respect and will more than happy to stop. Sawasdee krup.

Please share if you can.

Does not really matter if you are from Singapore or not.

It's always interesting to know about cars in other countries too. 

We all share the same passion.

:a-m1212:

Edited by DACH
  • Praise 3

Please share if you can.

Does not really matter if you are from Singapore or not.

It's always interesting to know about cars in other countries too. 

We all share the same passion.

:a-m1212:

Car launches are getting slower in Singapore compared to in the past. 

Car launches are getting slower in Singapore compared to in the past.

Because dealers needs time to spec down the cars to meet the tax requirements and test and homologate the cars before launching.

I have somewhat succeeded to post photos here. Tomorrow there's a party for the new ES at the Ramintra dealership. I will be attending I was told they will feature different colours of ES. Since I now know how to post photos here I will post some photos tomorrow.

Oh guys I hope you don't mind me sharing about Lexus in Thailand as I live here. If anyone of you think I should not because this is a Singapore forum I will respect and will more than happy to stop. Sawasdee krup.

Thanks for sharing.

Are you @Froggy over at sammyboy.com?

Saw the same photos over there.

Thanks! Please keep your contributions coming.

I've been to BKK only a few times and every time, the roads are congested. How is the reliability of the hybrids in the city (generally) given the heat and constant jams where they won't be enough time to charge the battery?

• Praise 1

Please post more.

:D

• Praise 1

Because dealers needs time to spec down the cars to meet the tax requirements and test and homologate the cars before launching.

Since TMAP is the importer, PARF can be "controlled".  No need to spec down to meet tax requirements.

Rather, it is the HOMO process that takes at least 2 mths.

Thanks for sharing.

Are you @Froggy over at sammyboy.com?

Saw the same photos over there.

If so, pls post more  :o

Hope I didn't have a bad reputation for you to recognise me. hahahaha

Went to the Lexus dealership again today for the ES party and also to have a closer look

Saw this beautiful green ES

zzoRoHI.jpg

Fierce grille

kLZLVyO.jpg

Sexy lamps

Vct4FAs.jpg

Huge 18" noise reduction wheels

FcjVG1b.jpg

Detail detail and more details

Dgj5p50.jpg

Front cabin

qH07EiZ.jpg

Driver's view

N4cZjsg.jpg

Huge 12" screen

WhEDeMN.jpg

The cockpit

GfyR78C.jpg

Very spacious cabin at the back seat able to recline 8 deg from this control panel

b2drXBh.jpg

More photos of the test car (beside is my GS)

L94lkyG.jpg

Very big trunk as battery is now located below the back seat

H5gbkPE.jpg

Lexus L-finesse

oTBfOyU.jpg

aAYVJJg.jpg

EB2A4w5.jpg

Tested the car 2 days ago was very satisfied with the car performance. But I forgot to check about the driver's feeling especially I want to know how it compares to the GS, so I tested the car again today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BglV_PlB3OE

Ok this car is able to give the driver the same confident level as the GS (which is very european), feel solid (former ES I tested has a more empty feeling somewhat like a Camry). I guess the 7G ES had finally came a long way and I am completely sold to it.

• Praise 9

i think all the newer hybrid cars have batteries under the rear seats already, that includes the new camry hybrid. So should be the same as avalon.

For those wondering how big is the boot of the new ES especially hybrid version, confirm the battery is now out of the way and under the back seat

I’m in a mall going to have lunch soon and there’re a few Lexus on display here so I went to take a video of the ES300h particularly the boot and uploaded so here’s the video hope you enjoy, watch till the end of the video it has the entire car which is nice

https://youtu.be/aLqB1rNiRzU

Boot space on the 300h is a vast improvement.

Still not a fan of CVT from the sounds of the earlier driving video tho....

• Praise 2

Boot space on the 300h is a vast improvement.

Still not a fan of CVT from the sounds of the earlier driving video tho....

Well, to be really accurate, Toyota's hybrid vehicles do not have a gearbox at all. The electric drive and planetary gearset works in a way similar to a CVT. It is sometimes called "eCVT".

Yes the flat droning engine note that doesn't rise with road speed is quite off-putting for a car enthusiast. The rate of acceleration doesn't seem rapid even with the engine working so hard.

Edited by Toeknee_33
  • Praise 2

From the pictures, the new ES looks absolutely stunning....

Less uncle look compared to last time.

If have to  nit-pick, will the gear shift.  It is still mechanical shift, unlike those gear shift selectors in Audi and BMW which are electronic type.

I overestimated

Called dealer today and learnt that 2016 es250 they taking in for 130k plus minus. Mine higher mileage, so it’s likely below 130k

Means >70k loss for 2yrs only or 30-40k pa loss so far

Doesn’t make sense for me

And moreover getting the new Es doesn’t mean I will use till the end.

Yikes that means my 3 year old model ES 250 Luxury will get less than that and then another 60 K top up for a new ES. The maths often does not add up to justify changing especially I doubt the drive will be very different. But then the eyes [inlove]  [dizzy]  will make us think it all adds up!

Flee from temptation. Avoid Leng Kee area!

• Praise 1

Yikes that means my 3 year old model ES 250 Luxury will get less than that and then another 60 K top up for a new ES. The maths often does not add up to justify changing especially I doubt the drive will be very different. But then the eyes [inlove]  [dizzy]  will make us think it all adds up!

Flee from temptation. Avoid Leng Kee area!

i have seen the car. indeed very attractive... really.. go see ... can you hear it is calling out to you... the drive is very different the look and feel is very different.. damn sexy, tender and tasty. go dont wait. life is short.

i have seen the car. indeed very attractive... really.. go see ... can you hear it is calling out to you... the drive is very different the look and feel is very different.. damn sexy, tender and tasty. go dont wait. life is short.

But you are buying something else

↡ Advertisement