2018 / 2019 7th Generation Lexus ES

Carbon82

From what I've seen from Lexus Singapore website, only the luxury version can option the triple "L" LED headlights but not the executive version right? Or does it come as a standard feature for luxury? The triple LED headlights are stunning looking imo.

Edited by Mr_LTH
↡ Advertisement

From what I've seen from Lexus Singapore website, only the luxury version can option the triple "L" LED headlights but not the executive version right? Or does it come as a standard feature for luxury? The triple LED headlights are stunning looking imo.

yes,only the lux trimming comes with the standard triple L headlights.

yes,only the lux trimming comes with the standard triple L headlights.

Oh I see, because the website shows that the triple L headlights as "option" so I thought the luxury version still needs to top up to get that "option". So with $20k more you get a lot more features than the executive one, impressive.

You prepared for door dents? New car make people jealous.

hope you understand that you're comparing 2 German cars with turbo engines and ES250,which is a naturally aspirated car. obviously,the ES would lose out in terms of initial power but it is far smoother and will give zero issues in the long run compared to all the European make.what i like is the conventional 8 speed gear-buttery smooth and fuel efficient(latest Camry is also using the same GB). ES is for you to enjoy the soothing leisure and comfort of driving and it's not meant for hard acceleration...it never was. your A6 is also FWD driven,likely more of the same handling to the ES as to the E class.in certain countries the ES comes with a 3.5 V6(option for an F sport badge).this will take 0-100kmh in less than 6.4 seconds.BM is not planning to bring this model in.too bad.

i have been having sleepless nites as Thursday,God willing, is COLLECTION DAY of my ES.me and my wife bought a couple of new cars but never have we been this excited.especially me.Merry Christmas to all...HO...HO...HO!

Oh I see, because the website shows that the triple L headlights as "option" so I thought the luxury version still needs to top up to get that "option". So with $20k more you get a lot more features than the executive one, impressive.

if i were to recall...this is what i know of:-

triple LED headlights

rear armrest with control buttons such as air con,reclining seats etc

reclining rear seats(up to 8 degrees)

internal ambient light

auto high beam

360 degrees reverse camera

special rims

manual rear side shade

leather seats

the rest is the same with exe model.hope this helps though i might miss some other minor options but basically these are the main difference.cheers

triple LED headlights

internal ambient light

auto high beam

special rims

manual rear side shade

leather seats

the rest is the same with exe model.hope this helps though i might miss some other minor options but basically these are the main difference.cheers

That's a lot of nice features to have, thanks for the answer!

triple LED headlights

internal ambient light

auto high beam

special rims

manual rear side shade

leather seats

You missed out the super Mark Levinson audio

triple LED headlights

internal ambient light

auto high beam

special rims

manual rear side shade

leather seats

And to add on:

1) Mark Levinson Sound System

2) The Special Sound Insulation Wheels

3) Laminated Windows

The Luxury is definitely a better buy. The margin for the Luxury is less than the Exec.

And to add on:

3) Laminated Windows

The Luxury is definitely a better buy. The margin for the Luxury is less than the Exec.

I was contemplating executive or luxury. Met a Lexus enthusiast sending his car for servicing. Saw him sitting the luxury for sometime enjoying the ML . He told me regretted getting his executive trim. Advised me to get the luxury. Didn't regret a bit.

hope you understand that you're comparing 2 German cars with turbo engines and ES250,which is a naturally aspirated car. obviously,the ES would lose out in terms of initial power but it is far smoother and will give zero issues in the long run compared to all the European make.what i like is the conventional 8 speed gear-buttery smooth and fuel efficient(latest Camry is also using the same GB). ES is for you to enjoy the soothing leisure and comfort of driving and it's not meant for hard acceleration...it never was. your A6 is also FWD driven,likely more of the same handling to the ES as to the E class.in certain countries the ES comes with a 3.5 V6(option for an F sport badge).this will take 0-100kmh in less than 6.4 seconds.BM is not planning to bring this model in.too bad.

i have been having sleepless nites as Thursday,God willing, is COLLECTION DAY of my ES.me and my wife bought a couple of new cars but never have we been this excited.especially me.Merry Christmas to all...HO...HO...HO!

I had the same feel as you. But please QC properly when u get your car. The lighting at the car collection point is no good. Found a scratch on the leather seat after driving out.

Congrats on your car collection this coming Thursday. Please take more pictures to share.

You must have pre-ordered. Was inform that the lead time is 3 months and can only collect in Feb. 

I agree that Volvo has the best seats.

My experiences are all one level lower than yours.

Had an S60, best seats in it's class. Currently driving IS200t, very good seats but loses out slightly to the S60.

318, A4 and C180 all have lousy seats.

I switched from C180. Not an inch comparable to this ES in terms of interior. Of course there are areas ES have to improve though. Reverse cam resolution can be further improved .

Congrats on your car collection this coming Thursday. Please take more pictures to share.

You must have pre-ordered. Was inform that the lead time is 3 months and can only collect in Feb.

Preorder is only for hybrid

Preorder is only for hybrid

thank buddy for your well wishes. yes,we purchased during pre-launch which was end sep/early oct(can't really recall) but we chose to collect at a much later date.best thing is my traded GS was taken by Lexus the same value even after a couple of months later.

I was contemplating executive or luxury. Met a Lexus enthusiast sending his car for servicing. Saw him sitting the luxury for sometime enjoying the ML . He told me regretted getting his executive trim. Advised me to get the luxury. Didn't regret a bit.

I had the same feel as you. But please QC properly when u get your car. The lighting at the car collection point is no good. Found a scratch on the leather seat after driving out.

ok..thanks for the heads up collection advise.will definitely check thoroughly before moving off

And to add on:

3) Laminated Windows

oh yes..ML sound system. how did i forget that!!

You missed out the super Mark Levinson audio

yes i did.sorry...my bad

That's a lot of nice features to have, thanks for the answer!

great i could help..although i missed out on the amazing ML sound system!

i was there too..around 11-1pm.did final payment for car and insurance.collecting this thursday in the evening. super excited!!!!!!!

Hey buddy. Have fun today. All the best.

Edited by steveluv

After resetting the car problem persisted so they told me to leave the car there for a day. I told them I’ll come back.

change the whole seat! hahaha. product unbecoming of a lexus to spoil so fast. hahah

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1